Register now to get rid of these ads!

?????????? Seatbelts ?????????????????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LANCE-SPEED, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

You sir are an unfit parent!

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

I can forsee this thread where someone is simply asking for advice getting closed.

3. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

try driving without safety glass !!!!!!!!!!!

i have seat belts in my 1931 !!! ................ steve

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  4. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

Lapbelts AT LEAST!

Even in my speedster I have 2" Crow latch lap belts. They never came with one but I would NEVER run without them.

Even if I had a car from 60/70's I would install them.

5. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

How many times do we have to hash out this controversial topic? Use the search feature for the pros and cons. Its only a matter of short time before this thread gets locked, just like everytime this comes up and the pro-seat belters start calling folks names.

Edit: now officially reported

6. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

He needs not only a smack but a kick in the ass and some psycho analysis. He must not understand how fast an accident can happen let alone the guilt he would have should something tragic happen.

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

Said to everyone still running drum brakes all around. (like me)

Wanna smack me?

8. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

Just curious how any of you survived up till now. I mean no seat belts in cars and lead based paints. everything from our past thats is so bad for us now days. Its a wonder anyone survived :rolleyes:

9. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

Then you could show it to the judge too when your kids die in the wreck because they werent belted in

10. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

For the record, I'm not a "pro-seat belter"
    But when a child rides in any car they should be belted in. PLANE AND SIMPLE

11. johnboy13

johnboy13

If you best friend was holding a loaded gun to their head, or their child's head, would you try to stop them? I too remember riding in the back of the family wagon with no car seat or seat belt on. I can remember when I was four standing on the floorboard behind the passenger's seat holding on to the head rest, and I think Jesus Christ, things were different back then. But that's the point that was back then, this is now. My parents should have told me to get my ass in the seat and put the friggin' seatbelt on. Things are way different than they were even 25 years ago. There's way too much going on, I recently saw a guy with a TV going AND talking on a cellphone while driving down the interstate at 75 miles an hour, the worst thing about it was, there was no one else in the car! He was the one watching the TV. Talk about distracted.

12. doctorZ

doctorZ

are we really going to have the seatbelt conversation again? i feel like we are doing this bi-weekly ...

13. Running drum brakes and allowing your child to be a projectile in a possible accident are two entirely different matters.

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

"well my kids are dead, but you ain't givin me no seatbelt ticket... I know the law!"

[​IMG]

15. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Funny.... I just picked up some lapbelts for my '29 at this past LongBeach SwapMeet.

-Jeremy

16. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I grew up in the 80's and 90's without seatbelts, and I never got hurt. I'll be damned if any future kids i have will to be strapped in if they dont need to be, but then again if they take after me it's not like it'd be possable for them to get hurt. Dont let your kids grow up to be a bunch of pussies

17. moter

moter

This was just pasted in Texas September 1st "HB 537 requires all occupants of a vehicle, no matter their age, to be secured by a safety belt, no matter where they are seated in the vehicle; changes the definition of a passenger vehicle to include a passenger van designed to transport 15 or fewer passengers including the driver"

Basiccally if you drive or ride on the streets in Texas you have to have a seatbelt. This means you will need to add seat belts to your car that does not have them. Seatbelts are 14.99 at Speedway. helluva lot cheaper then eating the steering wheel or windshield. YOU ARE absolutly stupid to not have seatbelts in your car and use them...especiallyif you have kids in the car.

18. johnboy13

johnboy13

You could have just left it at this

Sometimes I wonder if people are really as stupid as they appear to be, or if they just like to stir the pot.

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

Your friend is a moron.

I run front and rear lap belts in my 59 and my kids' car seats are strapped in. My Econoline and Corvair will get belts as soon as they are driveable, and I was literally just talking to my wife about installing belts in her Morris. Illinois does not require belts in cars that did not come with them from the factory, but I'm pretty sure it requires belts for kids

20. that asshat shoulda had his nuts cut so he couldnt have kids,I wouildnt take kids in my 56 unless I put belts in it,since I dont have little kids (Im aware of) its a moot point....that being said I should pull my head outa my ass and at least put them up front for me and a passinger............oh and many cars didnt come equippted with belts until mid/late 60s

21. retromotors

retromotors

Don't your knuckles get sore draggin' on the ground like that?

22. wvenfield

wvenfield

No doubt. Now we have safety glass, air bags, anti-lock brakes, crumple zones, energy absorbing dashes.

All of which you are doing without and endangering yourself and anyone who rides with you every time you take your old car out.

As noted, things happend fast. Many times too fast for drum brakes. How much of a risk are you to the kid darting out in traffic? Could you stop in time?

As I said, my car has belts but it's not my job to be everyone elses nanny. That's no different than those who wish to take every old car off the road for the reasons I mentioned and many more.

Somebody always telling someone else how they should do things.

23. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

Belts MUST BE worn correctly for them to work, which is the reason for the booster seats. People have died because their lap belt was up around their navel and their gizzard was fatally squished or their spine broken.

24. 36C8

36C8

Either stupid or a troll.

25. X426X

X426X
    from OhiO

Good thread! Safety belts are not required in school buses so why bother installing 'em in old cars? If the govt says its safer for kids to ride in a school bus without safety belts than with belts (in spite of all their own test data that indicates the opposite is true), then it MUST be safer in a car too, eh? So, according to the high dollar govt safety zealots, safety belts are obviously a waste of time and money.

I'm just kidding, OK? If you have a family, you should probably protect them by all means possible if you care about 'em. Kids should be buckled in. Install the belts properly, its not rocket science. Make the kids ride in the back seat and wear safety belts. Use the proper child seat or booster seat too if you really love them. If not, who cares?
    :cool:

26. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

If your gunna be dumb you better be tough, i had a Hyundia sante fe go through my drivers door last jan, in my '64 i didnt have belts either

27. wvenfield

wvenfield

When I was a kid I got to ride in a glass T-Bucket. Coolest thing in the world at the time. It didn't matter if I had belts (I didn't) and a crash helmet, if someone had ran through a light and t-boned the car, I wasn't going to survive.

If one of my kids had a chance to ride in one today, I would allow them.

When I was 13 my folks bought me a dirt bike. Would I have been far, far safer with piano lessons (other than on the playground?)?

Should someone have smacked my parents or came over and told them that they were irresponsible for buying me a dirt bike? How many of you have bought your kids similiar and what would you say if someone decided they knew better than you how you should do things?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not the same.........

28. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Im on this site every day of my work week I dont remember any seatbelt questions as of recently???? If your bothered by it you might want to click the little "report" button and try to get it shut down and then you can get on with you life ?

29. retromotors

retromotors

Reminder to self:

Never again waste time posting on a seatbelt thread.

It's just the gene pool cleansing itself.

Sad but necessary, I suppose.

30. 440roadrunner

440roadrunner
    from live?

Yep. And thousands have been killed

It's not? Put this scene in your head. You have a crash. Maybe it's your fault, maybe not, but YOU cause the serious injury of one or more children WHO WERE NOT RESTRAINED

Now for the rest of your life, you can go to court, hire lawyers, and pay and pay and PAY all because somebody ELSE didn't use belts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.