Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. racemad55

racemad55

Nothing like a nice white small block powered racecar !

2. capsgs

capsgs
    from Ohio

Wow that just blows my mind that Buckshot is still around. How original is the car? I'm in the process of gathering material to do a model of this car and it would be great to get some info and pics.

Cap

3. colesy

colesy

Welcome aboard Bob Bender, great to have you here! Great looking 69 Chevy Wagon you have there!
    I don't see John Stanley on the 69 Indy entry list but that doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot. Are you 100% sure it's his Olds? I think the Olds in the picture may be a U/Stocker.
    Spiertb was dead-on with the Schumacher Fairlane, here's another shot of it at Indy 69.

Attached Files:

4. TMcCrea

TMcCrea
    from Maryland

Maybe I made a mistake in the date of my photo, but I have this one labeled 1970. Note Schumacher's name on the door, the class is C/S and the competition number is different. Is that him behind the wheel? Also the Rod Shop is not painted on the door.

Attached Files:

5. colesy

colesy

This is from the 1970 Indy entry list Tom. Is that an 1843 on the window?
    Hey Spiertb was it Tom's A/Stocker 67 Hardtop that you bought?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  6. judge

judge
    from pa

Larry sure could handle a car. He took me for a ride in his hopped up 62 back in 67 when i got out of the service. Man that duece could do mach 1.. Any 67 427 vette looked like he was eating a sandwich .this was on the street.. Oh by the way rodger sr. Would de nut me if i told what was in her...any way i was screaming for larry to let me out. I flew all over the world but not like that..

7. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

8. spiertb

spiertb

colesy; The C/S Fairlane 2 door sedan was mine--Tom raced it for me at the '70 Nationals but had clutch problems. I had to scrape the "Rod Shop" logo off the sides. No, I didn't buy the Gold hardtop but he borrowed the green hood off my '67 Ranchero at the '68? Summernats at Englishtown for that car when NHRA made him remove the glass hood he'd run all season. He drove around the parking lot until he found my Ranchero and me and my wife and I let him use the hood-that's basically how I got to know Tom.

9. sinistri

sinistri
    from reading pa

Wow, words cant describe what that means to me..... This car and its stories are such an integral part of my fathers life and now mine it is unreal. It feels like ive seen a ghost or something....im amazed. Thank you Doc for taking the the time, patience and care to make that bit of drag racing history live on. Cant wait to see the car in person. Roger Jr.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  10. sinistri

sinistri
    from reading pa

Hey Dean...the Owners name is Doc .. Im hoping he will bring it to york or anywhere for that matter. Just blown away on the job he did ..Hoping to see you guys there in 2010.

11. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Your dad seen the clip Roger? I can imagine his reaction. When talking to him, he seemed to take a lot of pride in that car.

12. Great video.. going thru the gears and and passing a 30 mph sign..got to love it..

I have a 68 national entry list if anyone needs to look up a vehicle from the 68 nationals.

Rick
    1939fiat
    ===========================================

13. sinistri

sinistri
    from reading pa

I dont think he has, i just saw it tonight myself.... I will make sure he does, guaranteed. This site has been so amazing, the people, the stories... It has really stirred up a ton of memories from so many guys that stop by the engine shop...And really brought a neat vibe out...You guys rock.

14. JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant

Add Gerry Robinson (1957 Chevrolet) Div. 1 to the list. I saw him last night at a local cruise night.

15. colesy

colesy

He drove around the parking lot until he found my Ranchero and me and my wife and I let him use the hood-that's basically how I got to know Tom.

That's a great story! Thanks for the info Spiertb. Any ideas on the Fairlane two behind Tom? The car number is not on the entry list.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

16. OLD-OLD TIMER

OLD-OLD TIMER
    from indiana

Please look up an entry for Richard Hilt Indpls.In for entry # in stock 1961 Pontiac

Thanks
    old-old timer

17. Boertman1

Boertman1
    from USA

Hi, My dad said the car he is driving now is not the Rod-Shop Firebird from the 80's.

Nikki

18. Maliburacr

Maliburacr
    from Ohio

I have seen photo's of he first one from the Winternats lettered both ways, along with the addition of the Keystone wheels. Makes one wonder if it was changed during the race.

Bud

19. colesy

colesy

I don't see ya on the Indy 69 Stock list. The closest I can get is a John Beachwood in a H/SA 61 Pontiac from Indpls. #1105.

20. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Thank you and your dad for answering my question. I have another question for your dad that he may or may not want to answer (publically); if not, I fully understand.

Here's my question: Whose idea was it that predetermined the winner in the final round of Stock eliminator at the 1971 Summernationals? :)

Best regards,

Pete

21. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]
    (photo courtesy Fredfiles)

Pete

22. Center row, fifth car back, is the Ayres family 273 Valiant, from Arkansas.

23. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Btw, whose Corvette is that in the left lane?

Pete

24. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]
    Hey Dom...do you know this guy?

[​IMG]

Pete

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  25. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pete

26. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any idea whose I/S GTO is in the far lane?

Pete

27. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Great pics, Pete! I'd love to see Hamburger's Duster in color!

By the way, the I/Stock Pontiac is a Tempest, not a GTO. The front fender looks like a '67 but the nameplates on the rear quarter and the panel itself look like a '66.

28. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

29. colesy

colesy

Yep, good on ya Mark!

30. Dog427435

Dog427435