Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's hiding in the 5 block radius from your house?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JAWS, Sep 12, 2009.

1. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

I'm in a big city, in a condominium, so there aren't even "five blocks" around our place. But in the places we travel to close by there are two 392 Chryslers (one was from an Imp), a restored '36 Auburn boat-tail speedster, my '55 Fireflite, a shoebox, my cherry '69 new Yorker 4DH, a cherry '56 Chevy (sits in a dry garage on a pillow), a '47 DeSoto Club Coupe, 1928 Oakland sedan, '48 Plymouth sedan, '40 Ford coupe w. offy hi-rise (won a bunch of dough racing back in the late-'50s/early-'60s on the local "illegal" back-highway strip, and my '38 Plymouth. All I can think of right now.

2. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I'm sure there's a couple of registered sex offenders,and judging by the influx of livestock lately some closet fans of beastiality.

3. what is the story on the chevys?

4. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Two blocks over is a 42 Plymouth sedan that has sat in the garage untouched for 8 years, now the house is forsale, behind me is a 39 ford pickup that hasn't been touched in 3 years. There is a 41 Studebaker Champ, and a 47 Studebaker pickup that have't seen the light of day in 5 or 6 years.

5. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

[​IMG]

Baghdad 55 Ragtop about 5 blocks from my hootch in the Green Zone, Baghdad Iraq!

6. classicfins

classicfins

Across the street.. '61 Starliner, 69 and 70 torino cobra jets, one with shaker hood, 'original 51 ford p/u, 41 Mercury coupe, 63 Galaxie, and nice old '71 Ford LWB truck. Down the road to the east is a AA truck, and a building full of cars. I haven't been int here in about 15 years but last time I was trhere it was full of stuff... '20's rolls royces, 1918 depot hack, couple of '30s caddys, stuff like that. Across the road from it is a big ol '46 Chevy farm truck that still runs and the old guy uses it every year doing his yard work. to the west of me about 1/2 mile is a 4dr shoebox Ford that can't be bought, and a lime green 48 or so Chevy 5 window p/u with a 396, a t-bucket frame and body, and a big tali finned '59 Redfish fiberglass ski boat. Then there's my yard... 65 Mustang fastback, 69 Mustang fastback, 69 dodge charger, 49 Dodge Meadowbrook, VW Bug, 59 Oldsmobile, '26 Dodge RPU project, 58 Glassmagic Skimaster fiberglass boat on a VW chassis, and several vintage fiberglass ski boats. Oh, and my old airstream trailer.

7. JAWS

JAWS

I've been tryin' to think of something clever to say about this........I'm not clever enough.

8. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

[​IMG]">Another shot of the Baghdad 55, could be all yours for $ 10,000, shipping not included! ;)

9. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

[​IMG]">Tough to work the column shift with your IBA (Improved Body Armor) on but you could put the top down to have 360 security! :)

10. rixrex

rixrex

The guy right across the street from me has some acreage big enough to stash a 59 Chevy collection(about five) two 57 Ford 2DHTs, a 50 Ford Woodie SW and a 49 F100 with an Edmunds dressed out flathead with three carbs, love to have it..He is seperated from his wife and does not live there full time, his stepson does live there and is a tweaker in and out of jail..After personal experience of having a friend buy 59 parts from the stepson and having the father step in and say the parts weren't for sale..I have taken it upon myself to try and intercede and tell anyone showing up over there to not deal with the kid, deal with the father..I guess thats the right thing to do....

11. Vorhese

Vorhese

I saw that Cadi, SF right? So he sold it?

12. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

Considering the fact that a bunch of snooty million dollar home subdivisions popped up all around where i live,I'm sure there's nothing worth a damn hiding around here

13. Drive Em

Drive Em

I took a ride on my four wheeler through the irrigation ditches that are in my neighborhood, and these are the HAMB friendly cars that I found:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Yeah, snooty millionaire subdivisions -- THAT can be hard as HELL on vintage tin!! Which WHY my wife & I bought a few acres in the country where NOBODY cna tell us what to park on our land!

15. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

DRIVE 'em, THAT is some pretty awesome shit, bro! You posted those pix a few months, and osmebody couldn't BELIEVE it. Well, here you are showing them again, and I SEE the chain-link, etc. in practically every pic . . . SO yo made a believer out of ME!

I'm juts glad you are in an arid state, which helps to explain why they are still in good shape! I'm in the Rust Belt Buckeye State, and keeping outdoor stuff NICE has been a problem I've fought practically ALL my life!!!!

16. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

How about five doors down, the old man started coming around talking when I was working on one of my cars, He's about 80 so I just humored him, thinking he was just curious, he did this for awhile and then asked me if I wanted to see his car, so went down the street and the old man had some really cool stuff: 49' ford club, 51' ford bussiness chopped and shaved' a 31 ford truck and a 30 model a, all rods. I lived here for over a year and asked him why he never let me know he had the rods, he told me well I did'nt know you that well, he's my new best friend. He still won't take those vehicles out anymore, I begged.

17. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

There's a farm of old tin down the road, probably 50 cars/trucks and tons of tractors

Some old 60's T bucket sitting in a yard a couple miles from here

A '36 Ford 5w sitting in someones backyard

Lots of old trucks around here

A bunch of muscle cars stashed away

Probably about 15-20 cars from the 50's sitting around

Dude down the road has a ton of 50's Hemi cars at his barn down the street

Couple old Model T's & A's in the area.

18. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Hmmm in my neck of the woods in Hollywood CA....there is a carson top shoebox ford a few blocks over, but I haven't seen it in a while...I'm right off the sunset strip, I see a lot of exotics and vintage cars on weekends, but nothing with regularity except this r-word-rod I see by 7/11 that I despise.

Not true! There's a 4dr purple shoebox parked on crescent heights south of melrose. I think that's it though.

I started using a car cover. my chopped '51, in spite of its overall crappiness, draws too much attention and I don't have side windows so I'd like to discourage people from living in there.

19. L110Mike

L110Mike
    from North OC

everyday when i open the garage door, i see across the alley:
    '70 Mustang Mach 1
    '59 Impala
    '56 Chevy 2dr HT

20. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

stumbled across a 39 ford nose 41 ford 4 dr sedan 46or48 4 dr sedan 51 shoebox 51or 52 chevy 4 dr and a few other im not sure of, snuck in the property in the spring before the leaves came out. you cant see them now, I have found out who ownes the property and mabee I can sneek em out so if you need parts stay tuned....

21. aldixie

aldixie

I know down my road alone, Olds 442, 49 Chevy fleetline, 2 56 T birds, Olds convertible, Impala convertible. Also story of a 56 Vette that was bought new and then the guy was stationed half way across the world, has low miles around 15000. Yet to see it but know what house its in.

Also met a fellow car guy in local Oreilly's who restores British sports cars, he thought it was funny that I liked old American cars since I'm British. He has 3 TR3's and a TR4 with a buick motor.

22. scrape

scrape

wow!!! how far do you think you could drive it before getting shot at????

id be trying to find a way to get that thing home...

23. I went to a garage sale one street over from mine. Small brick house, elderly woman, one car garage. She had stuff in the driveway and in the garage, with the door open. I walked into the garage and realized it was one car wide but two cars deep, and in the back was a 69 Camaro ragtop covered in cardboard boxes. It was just a shell and obviously in the process of being restored. Body and top bows finished and painted, no trim or interior or front clip as much as I could see. I asked her about it and she said it was being “stored” and then she got busy with other customers. You never know - have to keep an eye on this one….

24. Vorhese

Vorhese

That I know of:
    4 Door 57 Belair
    4 door 54 Belair
    late 50's Chevy Apache
    1942 Cadillac sitting
    57 chevy wagon
    late 30's something cruising around
    54 Mercury low rider
    48-53 chevy truck
    4 door 50 Mercury, chopped, flat black
    And Roy Brizio street rods

25. 40chevythrowensparks

40chevythrowensparks

donked

26. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Shhh............... Stop shouting you will wake the neighbours:D

27. this car has been sitting on this trailer for the last ten years at least!! still trying to get in touch with the owner.

[​IMG]

28. EV34

EV34

i wish i was but thats the truth.....atleast thats what he told us i really hope that some one got it and saved it from thr crusher but the old man seamed crazy and the worst part of it is he knew what he had!!

29. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

A "Collector", going to restore them one day!, not for sale. Don't think the guy has a tool to work on any of them.