Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's hiding in the 5 block radius from your house?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JAWS, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Yep, I can relate except most of my neighbors are from the Middle East or India and they drive expensive German stuff. Not quite sure how they do it as most don't seem to have jobs...

Steve

PS - I hate my fuckin' neighborhood

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  2. wallygator

wallygator

I live in the county, so if we are doing a five mile radius theres a lot. 3 A.D. trucks,3 2nd series chevys, 55 210, 40 ford two door sedan, eveco milk truck, and about ten others I'll keep to myself, My wife thinks i have rust radar

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

in my neighborhood?
    a bunch of monte carlos "dunked" out on 29" wheels.

4. Spooky

Spooky

Let's see-
    A '67 Galaxie 7 Litre, a '28 Ford Delivery with a full on 21 stud flathead, and a '40 Ford pickup carcass( oh, I am a going to retore that..).

5. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Hey , Brant, you cant go and post something like this without telling your own story....

Well were do I start? up the street, a 67 mustang, an old man with a 46-48 merc coupe, on a different street a 46-48 ford convert then there is a 63 imp. ss, there is a guy with a 67 mustang convet, there is a guy that has a 36? chevy sedan and a 69 ish camaro(never seen them out of the garage) , there is a 57 chevy ( dont know what house it is at), and there is also a black 40 ford coupe....... that is all that I can think of right now

Jeff

6. unkamort

unkamort

This one was 2 blocks from me. I know the old guy who owned it, he also has a 63 Imperial. I wanted to make an offer but have neither the money or space to give it what it deserves. One that truly got away...

Attached Files:

7. Mockie

Mockie

Neighbor has a late 60's Dart with stickers on firewall/windows. Best is the trophies always laid out on the back seat. Rock N Roll!

8. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

All the cool stuff round here is in my driveway! Unless you include the 79 corvette abandoned under a car port down the road.

9. edsel

edsel

Spooky , don't you live close to that 1958 Pacer 2 dr hdtp that sits next to the gas station ?? I talk to I guy today that said he tried to buy that car in 1970 and he wanted $2,500 then ? its not worth that today but I would like to have it.

edsel

I also would say that me and my roomy are the neighbors drool over (or hate) as between us we have about 15 pretty cool hot rod projects. Ralph Roberts classic chevy parts is about 5 blocks away if that counts.

10. skywolf

skywolf

1936 Auburn Supercharged Phaeton, 1932 Ford Sedan, Model A Sedan Delivery, 1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville, 1970 AAR Cuda, 1969 R Code 428 Cobra Jet Mustang.

11. The guy down the street has 2 55 Nomads, a 55 convert, at least one hardtop and I don't know what else all shoe-horned into his first floor garage/basement. None of them have emerged in at least 25 years. I have no idea what his plans are.

12. 32 ford 4 door, 32 ford 5 window, 60 bonneville rag top, 55 nomad, 55 tudor, 30 chevy coupe, another 55 tudor....and those are mostly drivers and all on just one street within 3 blocks of my house.

13. havi

havi

Lol, and skunks.

14. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

On my street in a suburban neighborhood theres a 57 Chev 2-door, mint unrestored 65 Vette, an old MG B(?) buried in a garage, (all different owners) and an older fellow that rotates between studes and corvairs. Not a bad hood...

15. 55 chevy old drag car that ran Great Lakes Drag Way in the mid-late 60's, painted Shell yellow with 'yellow jacket' down the side. Neat old drag car, owner has tons of cool old stories when i stopped by. Super nice guy. Hope to ask about selling one of these days.

16. bonesy

bonesy

There are a ton of early Corvettes and Muscle Cars in my little corner - not a hot rod to be found.

17. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

There is only one besides me with any decent old stuff,he has a 32 roadster and a 57 chevy convertible that had not been out of the garage for over 30 years (never seen them on the road and lived here all my life) plus I still think he has his brothers 50 ford p/u that he was trying to sell for him about 15 years ago. There is another that has a 64 F100 but since he does not keep anything very long and I doubt its still there so we wont count him,on the street behind me was a 60 buick convertible that had 71 plates on it and I last seen it in the early 80s but I think it might be gone and I would have thought I would of seen it being towed out but never did.

18. hotrod harry

hotrod harry
    from wisconsin

anyone who has seen this, lives five blocks from me !

Attached Files:

19. timothale

timothale

wife's Aunt has her late husband's 32 ford in the barn with boxes of nos parts he collected . the Aunt is not of speaking terms with most of the family. My step son has been following the car since the 70's. just waiting for the estate sale

20. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

There was a green and yellow '53 Bel Air 5 houses away from me. A month or so before I started looking for an early 50's Chevy I saw it get hauled away on a flat bed.

Man I dig that color combo.

- Joe

21. JAWS

JAWS

Jeff you are so right!

Ok so within the five block radius around my house not counting the 10 I have around here. There is one 51 belair hardtop all stock survivor. 58 swb bigwindow chevy. I have never seen this one move. 60 cad 4 door hardtop just sitting. One of those cool small late 60's broncos. Guy next to me has a 66 chevelle with a bigblock and an old survivor t bucket showcar with an honest to goodness 56 vette drivetrain.(I love that car, "The Black cherry T")

Before I moved here when I was out in the country, 5 miles from my house sat a 50 merc. Still sits there in the same spot ol Jon parked it in '68. The local DMV was doing vehicle inspection then and the first year he paid his 2 bucks and they looked it over. The second year he went down to get her inspected, the guy looked out the door from his desk and said, "It looks good." and took his 2 bucks. That pissed ol Jon off and he went home and parked it.

I stopped by about 6 years ago and got that story from him. He told me that lots of fellers have been tryin over the years to get that car from him, skirts and all. I told him that I stopped by once before and talked to a younger guy about it. He said he had been tryin for 35 year to get it and couldn't. Ol Jon said that was his son-in-law and that his wife before she died made Jon promise not to give it to that SOB!. She hated him....

He told me that he gave it to his grandson, but didn't like his new bride and her family. Didn't trust them city folk.

He asked me what I would give for it and I told him I didn't know and that I didn't have the money to offer anyway at the time. He told me to come back when I did and he would let me have it. I was so excited I couldn't sleep for a week. :D

I saved and scrimped for a couple more years and then one day I went by and noticed a forsale sign in the yard for his farm. I stopped later that week and asked what was going to happen to that old 50 coupe. He said that he lost my number and was trying to find me for the last couple weeks before, but couldn't remember my name or did he have any idea who to ask out there.
    So he decided to call his grandson and see if he was gonna come get it or not. Turns out the kid married into a family who owns some sort of "rod shop" where they live, and that they would be more than happy to come get it.....:mad:

I think he was as disapointed as I was........

Funny thing is that was a couple of years ago......it is still sitting there in the same spot.:D

Brant

22. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

'54? GMC 2 ton grain truck with the 302 six in it (yes I checked) negotiating the sale of the motor.
    Several '50s trucks.
    '59 Caddy conv.
    Several vettes
    '30s chevys.. a yard full
    And then all my stuff.. neighbors hate it, I love it.

23. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

In my small hood...my 62 caddy, a 64 t-bird, a 60 impala in stands under a tarp, a 50's roadmaster sitting in a garage covered in crap, a 53 packard, a 62 t-bird and new in the last month a 60's chevy suburban. Oh and a all original early 80's camaro berlinetta in lovely tan!

24. Cirelli

Cirelli
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

There was a 40 Chevy coupe just around the corner from my house that the fellow had been working on for years. However it was kept in a closed garage so no one ever got to see it.I never knew about it. At the time I was looking for a project. I saw this car listed on the fleabay site, made a bid, but the reserver was not met. The auction closed with no sale. The next day my wife was walking around the block & saw the car outside the garage with a for sale sign on it. She came back & told me, but it was late in the evening & I said I will look tomorrow. When I went there the next morning, it was gone. He sold it locally for $500 less than I had bid on it. I was sick that I was too late!

25. Ok here is the deal. Yes its for sale, the negotiations are under way.
    The price was way to low and these are real nice people. So working a fair price for both parties. Not really 5 blocks but a little further, but still in the valley. Everything is there but engine and trans. I mean everything.
    [​IMG]

26. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

EV34, you have to be shitting us. Man, what a rod that would have made! AND RARE! He sold it for JUNK, ooooooohhhhhhhhh!!! NO

27. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

HotRodPackard, that is a NICE score, buddy!

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

One street over there was a 1911 MERCER Raceabout that sold in 1962 for $15,500, I still look in the garage every time I drive past it. Today there is a '17 T Roadster, '30 A Pickup, 4-5 Stanley Steamers, and a '40 Buick Convertable within walking distance.

29. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW WHATS HIDING OUT HERE !:eek:

[​IMG]