Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 Grand National Roadster Show - HISTORIC RACE CAR BUILDING !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Sep 10, 2009.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hey guys, Those of you who have attended the GNRS in the recent past know that next to our Suede Palace is building # 9. Recently this has been used to house specialty cars or cars with a "Theme". Last year celebrated the 60th anniversary of the GNRS and the producer found and placed as many previous winners as he could find. In 2007 we all celebrated the 75th anniversary of the Deuce, and that same building housed more historical 32 Fords then ever.

This year my wife and i have been given building #9 to put together a special collection of automobiles titled "The History of the Race Car" . The dates for the event are January 29-31, 2010.

Look forward to seeing just some of the following:

Drag Racing cars - Dragsters,Funny Cars, A F/X,Super Stock, Gasser,Altered Wheelbase, Fuel Altereds, and much more.

Nascar - vintage Nascar's from the 50's,60's, 70's

Jalopy Racers - those rare beat up pre war Fords - turned in to roundy round cars.

Midgets & 1/4 Midgets - from kiddy cars to adult sizes

Dry Lakes & Bonneville cars - The sky is the limit here - plan on seeing Belly Tanks, Streamliners,stockers,Roadsters, and much more.

Mexican Road Race - If i can find em, i'll put em in there !

Pikes Peak - I'm sure i'll find some of those too! Johnnie Walker, you Colorado boys might be able to help me out here.

Street Racers - This may be a touchy subject, and i certainly don't want to glorify it, however i do feel it has been an American automotive past time. So, there might be room for a few cars . Big Willy's Dodge Daytona comes to mind - wonder where it is.

Boats - Not just any, but the vintage flatbottom racers of the 60's. You know, 6 carbed Pontiacs or Hemi's all decked out like it came out of a Hot Rod,Tuck & Roll Pearl White upholstery ,metalflake paint,etc.

Although there certainly will be a huge emphasis on historically significant racers in this building i wont limit it to just that. I more than welcome newer built cars the fit one of the above theme's that has an overall old style "Hamb Friendly" look about it. Groucho's old Poncho powered altered wheelbase shoebox Ford would be something i'd approve in a New York minute!

So, if any of you own something special or know of something someone has restored, or even some old race car that is sitting in an old shed somewhere, please, talk to the owner and lets get it out for the public to enjoy.

My wife and i welcome all suggestions so that we may continue to make this a very special building.

Thanks very much, Axle

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  2. Sounds VERY cool!

3. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

AWESOME!!! Can not wait to see this!

4. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Received your e-mail think it's time this year!!!! Make some Room!! hahah 15x20

5. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

This sounds great....i know of a couple of exact replicas of the Lincoln Mexican road race cars that are around and I think there might be some original ones around. Let me know if you need help with finding some of them...

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Woah... That's right up my tail pipe...

7. Go... That's right down my intake manifold... :)

... seriously though, very cool idea.

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Uh....wow. More than we needed to know, Ryan.
    Seriously, sounds reakky cool. Can't wait to see coverage.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I hope I can make it this year that sounds awesome!!!

Triple Nickle
    Mazamanian's Willy
    Bill Burke Belly Tank
    Pierson Coupe
    So-Cal Coupe

As a side note, can I request The Orange Crate and Devil Deuce somewhere at the show so i can finally see them in person???

I know that whatever makes it into that building I will be in awe of I'm sure.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looking forward to seeing it for sure!

11. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Get in touch with Guffey,he's in hear quite a bit.He probably knows the were about's of every altered wheelbase car and who owns it.

13. John Denich

John Denich

WOW very cool....are you still doing the Suede Palace too....talk about a full plate huh!!!!

14. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

That Rules Alex.. Congrats on the Mission ahead!!

15. contact greg sharp at the nhra museum, editors of rodders journal, cacklefest.com, etc.

16. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks for the quick replies,PM's,suggestions. Hotroddon is already onboard!

Attached Files:

17. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Yes, without a doubt. The Suede Palace ( aka Fun House) will happen again.
    Look forward to seeing fantastic nostalgic cars from all over, along with bands,DJ's, vendors,special guests, a pin up contest, awards ceremony with car club participation, Barn find display, and much more.

The Race Car building will have special celebrity Racing guests , vendors, a huge big screen showing vintage racing all weekend, and much more......

18. O man there should be alot of old midgets out there in Cali,look forward to see'in.

19. Snackpants,

I'll PM you some contact info to help with Pikes Peak race cars and some other catagories.

Johnnie.

20. Alex.....you got mail

21. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

The Mormon Meteor would be cool to see in person. I saw it one year at SEMA at it was very impressive up close.

22. Oh yeah...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D:D

23. autobilly

autobilly

Axle, sounds totally bitchin but you sure are a sucker for punishment.:D

24. Jcbuck

Jcbuck

Hi Axle

The dates of the GRAND NATIONAL ROADSTER SHOW are JANUARY 29-31, 2010.

Thank you for getting the word out on our building and the rest of the show.

John Buck AKA "The Producer"

25. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Wupps

26. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Please include oval track modifieds (cut-downs, skeeters, 30/90s, etc)... especially prior to 1970 or so. Gary

27. axle

axle
    from Drag City

If i can find em, and the owners are game, they'll be in there!

28. Hey John Buck, maybe your car won't get done by then, I gotta finish the Anglia :D Holy crap I need to get to work

29. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

wow, that sounds like a blast Axle! Really looking forward to this display:)

especially this one ...

"Dry Lakes & Bonneville cars - The sky is the limit here - plan on seeing Belly Tanks, Streamliners,stockers,Roadsters, and much more."

The inspiration just might get my RPU done alot faster. I always travel down to the A.S.R. in San Diego that weekend, so i'll hit it up on Sunday on the way home.
    cheers and best wishes on organizing this event/ building, it's gonna be awesome.
    cab

30. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

The Show gets better every year .