Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dixie Fried 10 a decade of decadence

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8769, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Damn Chad thats a tragedy! Sorry man... The merc looked awesome! Was great to see it outta the shop and to get to chat with ya a bit. Somebody on here has to know who took it. Anybody get pictures when they were handing them out?

2. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Damn Chad thats a tragedy! Sorry man... The merc looked awesome! Was great to see it outta the shop and to get to chat with ya a bit. Somebody on here has to know who took it. Anybody get pictures when they were handing them out?[/QUOTE

I missed it , I never knew when they gave the award's out.

3. ApeKing

ApeKing
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

I REALLY hope that next year they can have some better MOVIES for after the show!!!! After the blues brothers it was HORRIBLE! How about some damn HOT ROD movies!!!???? What happened to American Graffiti?!?!?! It should be an entire night of either hot rod movies or horror type zombie flicks!

4. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

Chad,
    your merc is one bad mofo and a inspiration to those of us(specially ME)! And whoever else gets over whelmed at what all there is to do to get a car to look even close to your cars condition!! quality work & attention to detail is clearly the key. and that sir, you have both!!

i also appriciate the time you took with me and my car. giving me a starting point & suggestions!! they will be taken into action shortly!!

its a shame, this business about awards going to the wrong car/owner?!? but anyone who was at dixie fried and looked at your car once...KNOWS that yours was by far the nicest craftsmanship there!!

F-ing jerk offs!! one in every crowd.

Chris

5. Chris, you must not have been paying attention, there was a lot more than one in the crowd on Sunday...:D

Make sure you set aside the 26th, RWYB 2K9...

6. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

well...i suppose your right about that. i guess this F-ing jerk off ranks at the top of my list!!

What is the 26, RWYB 2K9??

thanks,
    Chris

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thought I'd slip in here and first say: Chad, sorry to hear that there was anyone there low enough to take a trophy that wasn't theirs. That's "lower than whale shit, which is on the bottom of the ocean."
    Dr. Herb, 26th, RWYB, 2K9, is the Run What You Brung Nostalgia Drags and car show @ Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds on 9/26/09.
    Try a search and you should find all sorts of info. If I find the link, I'll come back here and post it,
    Dave

edit: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371195&highlight=rwyb+2009

8. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

oohh yes, i knew about this. just didnt catch the initials. problem for me on that date is, its a Saturday. no can do on the Saturday events. which sucks!! might come out at night. will have to see how things shape up that week. if i dont get off till 8pm, i wont be making it. if i get off at 5ish....probably would even though i would miss the racing. which stinks!! owell.

here a few pics i took at my first real car show, which just so happened to be the DIXIE FRIED 09'!!!!!

Attached Files:

• 108.jpg
      108.jpg
      File size:
      221.2 KB
      Views:
    • 126.jpg
      126.jpg
      File size:
      232.5 KB
      Views:
    • 138.jpg
      138.jpg
      File size:
      253.1 KB
      Views:
    • 142.jpg
      142.jpg
      File size:
      184.7 KB
      Views:
    • 180.jpg
      180.jpg
      File size:
      235.9 KB
      Views:
    • 195.jpg
      195.jpg
      File size:
      252.6 KB
      Views:
    • 199.jpg
      199.jpg
      File size:
      257.4 KB
      Views:
  9. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

10. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

sorry about the quality....cell phone camera. half drunk. totally stupid.

Chris

Attached Files:

• 101.jpg
      101.jpg
      File size:
      264 KB
      Views:
    • 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      480 KB
      Views:
    • 115.jpg
      115.jpg
      File size:
      234.5 KB
      Views:
    • 166.jpg
      166.jpg
      File size:
      195.3 KB
      Views:
    • 219.jpg
      219.jpg
      File size:
      236.7 KB
      Views:
    • 238.jpg
      238.jpg
      File size:
      279.6 KB
      Views:
    • 171.jpg
      171.jpg
      File size:
      348.9 KB
      Views:
  11. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Chad,
    I wanted you to know that after you left, our club had a "meeting" with the "club" (and I use that term loosely) about how they had treated you that afternoon. It is inexcusable and we won't be disappointed if they don't drive down from Tennessee next year. We don't want anyone to feel unwelcome or mistreated at our show. Unfortunately, alcohol, immaturity and a general lack of respect was witnessed.
    Please don't be hesitant to come to another show.

Chad

12. bennettamx

bennettamx

Any more pics on this event???? Keep em comin!!!

13. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

I have about 100 more- and this is with a point and shoot so dont harass me. if you want one of a specific car let me know and ill check and see if i have it.

Attached Files:

14. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

sum moar!

and I have some from the swap meet the day before so if you were there and want a shot let me know.

Attached Files:

15. M/H Speed and Design

M/H Speed and Design

i guess i left too early, i hardly have any decent pics of my grey 36 chevrolet, did anyone get any?

16. ApeKing

ApeKing
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

A meeting? If this "club" is the one that took the trophy that didnt belong to them it should have been more than a meeting. It should have been a give the damn trophy back or else!