Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well , it finally happened to me.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mac_55, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Mac_55

Mac_55

SO im getting Gas today in the ole dump truck . A local fella that drives a 68 chevelle hits the island next to me . I say" hey , heard the chevelle buzz by the other day , sure is soundin good" Just bein polite ya know . He tells me yeah gonna go run it at the strip fri and see how she does .

Then , thats when it happened . Ive only read about this happening to other people , never had it happen to me . I know now the anger that dwells inside of you .

The next words that were spoken from this guy were as follows.

" Hey , Hows that RAT ROD your building comin along"

Rat rod? rat rod ? FUCKING RAT ROD ???????????????????????

Ive busted my ass for almost 3 years on this thing , blood sweat and tears , tried to do everything right just so some guy driving a CHEVELLE can call it a fucking rat rod ? Now i can understand some punk in a neon making the misconception but commonnnnnn ,

Ive known the guy for years , and although i did see red , i politley said " lot more than a rat rod pardner" What i really wanted to say was " its not as far along as your import tuner" figured that would be about the same.

This is my rat rod . God someone shoot me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The guy is obviously ignorant to the facts. Get used to it if you plan on residing among humans.

3. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

it's just a dude in a chevelle thats like a dude in a 79 camero calling you white trash

the car looks great

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I don't know what is under that hood (or what you got planned) but I think I would have said let's take it out to the strip Friday and see.

Nice 55.

You said you've known him for years, any chance he was yankin' your chain?

5. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Hey ,I've got one of those " rat rods" too ! My 55 is called that way too often as well and by people that have pristine 55 chevies that they BOUGHT that way and probably paid 40k for. They have no concept, vision or the talent it takes to get a car like yours or mine to its present state, but they do have deep wallets I guess. I hate it too but it's something I've just had to get used to

6. Yeah, he must have been just messing with you. The interior on that '55 is way too nice to be a ratrod.

7. Mac_55

Mac_55

No , he wasnt yankin , he was serious lol . And thats just it , i aint got nothin under the hood yet lol. Got a 396 punched out to a 408 in the garage with all forged internals waiting for next year till i can swing the huffer that will reside on top . But i cant back shit up right now lol.

8. hey, nice r....... just kidding. thats a nice looking chevy you got. people like the chevelle driver are put on this earth to give those of us with a brain something to compare with. lol.

9. Big Dad

Big Dad

Looks nice to me, whatever ya call it ..

10. Brahm

Brahm

I wouldn't stress about it to much. Honestly, unless you really into gassers, hot rods, rat rods, street rods, ect.. Most people even American car enthusiasts don't know the difference you see a car half painted with an odd stance and you automatically assume rat rod, hot rod, or whatever the popular term of the time is. Heck half the time I look at cars, on here from now, or even 8 years ago I'd probably label it wrong. It's a very niche crowd that knows the difference between all the subtilities, most people just think fuck that's a cool old car, I've always wanted a (Insert whatever adjective they use to associate this area of cars with) ROD with.. Heck I still car must muscle cars hot rods.

11. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Screw Mr Chevelle. Your car is awesome. I totally dig it.

12. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Forget fighting it...It's been pounded into the heads of North Americas population for so long that its part of the common language.
    You can mostly thank the TV shows and their brilliant hosts for getting it into common use.

I'm tempted to embrace the term...using it to describe every vehicle remotely associated with the "car hobby"...until it falls out of favor with the cool crowd.
    Just like Gow job...Hop up...flivver.......bloomers!:rolleyes:

BTW...your 55 is an awesome...Rat Rod! ;);)

13. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Well, it looks kind of 'ratty' on the outside but it's definitely not a Rat Rod. Those two words have become a lexicon to ignorant people. Always consider the source.

14. Mac_55

Mac_55

Man Brahm . Nice RMK in your avatar...................

Just kiddin man , Im an arctic cat NUT !!! LOL . f7?

Anyways . I may sound overly heated in my first post , im not , alot of it just made me laugh inside . I guess because ive seen so many guys on here flip thier lid and i thought to myself " now i know what they feel like" lol It got me mad , but i was polite ha ha ha./

15. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Like the car, hate when some douche even uses the term rat rod.

16. Mac_55

Mac_55

I know the feeling .

Someone told me a few weeks ago " you oughta start building rat rods" i just said " i would but im not into end wrenches for door hinges and welded log chain shifter handles.

17. bones35

bones35

RAT RODDER!!! I get the same shit! Only mines a 40 ford coupe, imagine how pissed I get. I can one up ya though, I've had at least three little college kid punks ask me about my VW bug. What the hell? They don't open a door for a lady and they don't know the difference between a 40 and f!cking bug!

18. henryj429

henryj429

Arctic Cat = Rat Rod of the snowmobile world

19. tunes

tunes

I certainly wouldn't think of your '55 as a rat rod. That term is just a label a lot of people use these days when they don't know what else to call an unfinished car or truck. It can be iritating, but don't let it bother you.

20. Mac_55

Mac_55

HOLY SHIT MAN ! Im sorry .

How on gods green earth can someone mistake a 40 for a vw .

21. Kinda what I was thinkin'.

I don't think I'd let it bother me unless this is someone that you repect more than your dad. The rest of the people are just people..

22. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Someone called my wife's Desoto a rat rod at Greaserama.
    [​IMG]

23. BISHOP

BISHOP

If its old, then its a rat rod. Everyone knows that.

24. Mac_55

Mac_55

Yup , you guys are 100% correct . i got curious and went to google images and typed in rat rod. You wouldnt believe the amount of nice traditional stuff they have labled as rat rod .

heres 2 images from them , the first one , no , not a rat rod , but thats what they call it .
    [​IMG]

Now they also have this thing in there . Now how in the world put these 2 rides in the same category LOL.

[​IMG]

25. BigChief

BigChief

Anybody who actually gets upset about thier car being called a rat rod needs to get over their car and get over themselves. To the folks with untrained eyes and the others who are blinded by gold chains your '55 IS A RATROD.....

Give it up. Its a lame argument and a lame, whiny post.

...nice car though.

-Bigchief.

26. Mac_55

Mac_55

Yeah yeah , moving on .....

27. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Hey, that's a nice dune buggy!!!!!

28. bones35

bones35

Fight Fight Fight!!!!!

29. InPrimer

InPrimer

As the song says... God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy. I get the same response from my '37 with primer, I just agree and keep drivin, and having fun

30. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

So if I shoot you, will you leave me yer RAT ROD???:D

I dig it man....