Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 49 ford Gambino notch kit completed... Pictures!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ian Berky, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Dude..nice welds..fab work looks great too..Keep up the good work!!
    Cant wait to see it done..

2. Nice work homey!!

:eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4lYMFiwABI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4lYMFiwABI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bryan

3. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

Im interested to know why are you not running continuous beads when welding? are you getting complete penetration when pulsing?

4. onedge

onedge

2X on weemark...I havent seen welding done your way, could you explain your method for us?

5. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx Muncie!!

Right on man!!

HaHaHa!!:D

Thanx Bryan!! Primer nationals?

For the simple reason that i can't control the long bead as well , I have never had great results with consistency with the continuous bead. I am totally new at this welding stuff. One thing i'm good at though is observing and taking notes and i have seen people on here, people that i look up to,
    use the pulse welding method . I am 100% getting good penetration. I have a very good welder and I'm a great dancer:eek:!! Rhythm!!

Thank you for your concern though!!

Ian
    I Practice to Dancing With The Stars!! :D

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

DAMN!!! Look at those welds. Nice work.

7. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx Flathead!! It's solid!!

8. Big Nick

Big Nick

Kick ass work! and great post! I will need ones like this in the future. This is what he meant by the Wu W.
    [​IMG]

9. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx Big Nick!! I'm glad i can help!! Not a fan of WU W!!:eek:

Ian

10. 65Riviera

65Riviera

damn clean welds!!! nice work...:D

11. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thank you 65!!

12. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is that welding done with just one pass?

13. shoeboxsean

shoeboxsean

14. 48thames

48thames
    from so cal

Very nice work. I would also like to know more about the welding. Are you pushing or pulling the wire? How are you getting the welds to lay flat? Thanks.

15. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx guys!! There was some controversy yesterday about pulse welding and I'm glad the thread got deleted, I know my welds are very strong and whenever possible it's welded on the inside too, like the notch!! I am not building TOP FUELS!! I'm building a cruiser!!

I'm pushing and the metal is cherry red with a very fat puddle!! Nuff said!!

Ian

16. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

Ian,

Looks like you did a damn good job on this-- looks clean.

Oh, and make sure to be especially nice to Alex's receptionist-- that's my wife, Anissa :D

-scott noteboom

17. ray

ray
    from colorado

deleted? i'd rather hambers know the pros and cons and HOW to properly tacktacktack weld. it CAN be as safe and strong as a continuous bead, but it has to be done well! it takes more voltage, more wire speed to get the same penetration. also, i would suggest that the mill scale be ground off before welding, i've seen parts that were welded "through" mill scale that looked good, you could even see the HAZ on the backside, but there was no real penetration.

your work looks nice, i just don't want people thinking they can tack weld the same as laying a bead.

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm not glad, there was lots of good info in that thread, even though you got super defensive. You can see the dimples in your welds. Wether you are building Top Fuel cars or cruisers it should be done correctly. And for the record Top Fuel cars get torn down and inspected after every weekend a cruiser doesn't, I would think that makes it a little more critical.

I'm in total agreement.

19. onedge

onedge

I'm with "zman"! too bad.

20. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx Scott!!

Anissa is really nice!!

21. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx Ray!! Ok, I totally agree with you with the voltage wire speed and that is exactly what i do!! I am a freak about safety!! I know i am getting great penetration!!

22. I like your work pal very nice...

23. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Looks great Ian. Cant wait to see the final product. Keep up the good work.....Why am i telling you that??? I dont think we could keep you away from it!
    Good to see you two today.

I still cant believe you posted the recipe....

24. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thank you Diablo!!

Thanx Homie!! I'm gonna start the chop tuesday morning, i got it all braced up and ready to go!! Great to see all you guys there today!!

Try the recipe!! It's sooooo good!! :)

Ian

25. 50merc808

50merc808

love'n it man, killer job! post up the chop pics when you get to it.

26. I don't want to beat a dead horse but it is NOT the penetration that ALL the guys in the other thread were warning you about it is brittle welds due to the heat cool heat cool cycle of pulse welding. You asked a question because you said you were new to this and wanted to learn then refuted everyones answer when you didn't like what they had to say. Pretty closed minded for someone looking to learn.

27. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I agree!! Very immature of me!! I have talked to some friends who are very experienced and have been welding a long time and it's gonna be fine!! I take all this as a learning lesson.... Now we can move on!!

Thank you!!

Ian

28. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx 50 merc!! I will for sure!! On another thread!!

Ian

29. That's cool now when are you going to tell us what color you are painting your car!!!:D

30. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Ok Now to make up for my stupid behavior i will tell you the color!! I hope Jeff is not too mad at me!!

Plum... with tons of trick stuff like pearls, fades, crushed glass and maybe other stuff that i don't even know!! Here you go!!

Sorry again for my you know what!!

Ian