Register now to get rid of these ads!

You might remember a BRIGHT red chassis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, Aug 31, 2009.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

About a year ago I bought a partially complete car which had a very red chassis, it was posted on here ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was some input on here and from mates and this is is how it turned out. Thanks to FC Ute and a few others. Steel 32 "pretend covers" have been really successful in changing the look.

Pics dont really show the flake. Didnt do a build thread as I didnt do the vast majority of work. Im just doing some odd and ends now to finsih it off. Its way too nice for me to own so will be sold off to start the next one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Hi ther Down Under, That coupe sure truned out nice ! Hope you get to drive it a bit before you turn it.

41 Dave

3. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah here's a pic from 10 mins into the very 1st drive...

[​IMG]

Yes thats the Western Australian cops..

4. brewsir

brewsir

They stopped you because they wanted to check out your car.....right??? :)

5. Maybe the lack of a tag? HRP

6. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Nice taillights, looks like a woman in the freezer section ;)

Car turned out great, make sure you get plenty of seat time in it before selling it.

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

niice..
    sweet looking ride...to bad they force you guys to run some type of fenders...
    not that you did a bad job or anything like that on them, but they distract from the look, of a federless rod

8. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Cool this thing is sick...

9. those "pretend covers" did a good job of hiding the A frame and making it look like a `32 frame. i've seen that done before with less than desirable results....but yours seam to work. any more details or pictures of them?

10. belair

belair

I like the way you gave it '32 looking frame, and the fenders are very well-done, considering they are a mandated evil. A nicely done car.

11. Ruiner

Ruiner

Black fenders don't stick out as bad...that thing turned out sweet, it's weird for us to see right hand drive hot rods...bitchin job on the frame...

12. butch27

butch27

Damn fine automobile in my opinion.

13. Car turned out cool Pete.
    Did you get them covers from Gerald at Gnome Rods in Victoria?

14. fc ute

fc ute

no, i made them from 1mm steel, same as the cycle gaurds

15. pete, the car looks great on the road, even with the tag alongs. lol. its came along nicely since i saw it. hope you dont mind me putin an "action vid" on. wish i was there to take your other car off your hands, im a bit tied up here with my building.:) <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b0zRD6k_8Tc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b0zRD6k_8Tc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahaha had forgotten about that day, thanks for the vid mate. Just to be clear FC Ute did pretty much all the work from after I bought it. Im just doing a few last needed things.

Appreciate the compliments on it. Need to sell it to start the next one, which wont be as pretty but a whole lot more tolerant of salty coastal air. :)

17. Damn..... you did good

18. heres a couple of pics:) thats fc ute by the door.

Attached Files: