Register now to get rid of these ads!

August banger meet 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weeks46, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Reddy

Reddy

Maybe you California guys will enjoy this.
    I linked it to my site > CLICK HERE <
    I added photos from a past event.
    [​IMG]

2. choptop4

choptop4

Here 's my Riley 2 port.Put it in the the 32 in 1980.Had the Buick in it from 54 to 63.My uncle's drag car.

Attached Files:

3. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

thanks for the real cool pics
    Bill

4. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

It rain all day on Sat. so I played with my brakes and now I can lock up the 750-16s out back @ 20ish mph. I drove my car all week to work and the brakes started to suck real bad. Nexted I wont cast drums. Anyone know of some real good brake shoes
    [​IMG]

5. Piewagn

Piewagn

I got the woven shoes from Snyders, mine stops really well. Coupe looks great BC!!

6. Low Fat 38

Low Fat 38
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norton,Ma

T.W. Dustin, Why not just pull some Leafs from your A spring. Cheaper than buying another (T) spring.

Chris, How did you get the ass end of your Coupe down?

7. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

thanks PIEWAGN
    Do you have cast drums? I wont to put a 5 speed in my car so I will have a little more speed to slow down

8. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i believe that the springs are different widths.

9. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

If I recall correctly Poverty Flats here on the HAMB said he had the cast iron front drums for sale.

10. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Here is a hill climb flier for the So cal FAST guys.

2009 Flyer.jpg

11. Can you believe I got that flyer at my Model A clubs meeting earlier this month lol. Thanks for posting it up C-D I gave my flyer to another banger Hamber.-Weeks

12. Weeks, do you know or have you heard of a guy named Steve Baumgartner? I bought a 2 port head from him a few years back. He lived in Bakersfield and was dealing in 4 banger stuff at that time.

13. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Has anyone done this? How many (and which leafs) would bring it down 2-3 inches and give a decent ride?

14. Um well I have people by that last name of Baumgarten who reside in Tehachapi and are Model A club members. Might be his father and mother idk. The gentleman in the club comes around down here a bit really cool fella. I can supply you with a number but I need to call and ask them first before I give it out.-Weeks

15. So i have actually been working on my car for once..
    i put the t spring in and it didn't lower my car much at all. Do you take a leaf out or something????
    went to an auction yesterdayand scored again
    nos wico mag for a 4 banger
    32 grill shell with insert
    mag drive off of the cam gear cover
    3 nice doors for 26-29 ford 2 door or pickup
    a set of blc head lights with the lights in top
    and i 26/27 turtle deck
    look for it in the classified section;)
    tk

16. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Wow,
    That sounds like it was a great auction.

Beats my day, I've been filling cracks in my blacktop drive and fixing the clothes dryer. I am still waiting on my 7.50-16 rear tires to be delivered. I hope to have them on for the Pileup. Several weeks back I removed a leaf out of the rear spring pack , I'm hoping the whole rear wheel opening will be filled with the taller tires.

Pictures form today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  17. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

looks great ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    next time I wont to see you behind the wheel sliding the ass end out :)
    later Bill

18. A-Wall

A-Wall

Hey guys, i was looking at my spare motor and i noticed it has "B 1" cast into head where as the head on the motor i'm running does not, whats the difference?

19. A-Wall

A-Wall

the head is still on the motor, and the motor is in the barn, i wish i had the camera with me at the time. ill have to snap a pic the next time im out there.

the location of the marking is near #3 along the raised coolant port the text size is about 1/2" tall . i also noticed around the perimeter of the head on the top radius there are flat tabs or steps cast into it.

this motor was originally in a AA truck and still has the 4-speed tranny attached to it.

20. I'm not trying to locate him. I just thought he would be a good contact for you. At the time I bought my 2 port from him he had 2 or 3 other heads plus manifolds and other 'speed parts.

21. Man... Oct 3rd looks cool! I wanted to make the Sept 20th hillclimb but dont thin I can. I may be able to make the Oct 3rd date... How close is it to LA? My car is Burbank.

Anyone have the Mitsubishi alt. conversion on there T? I do, and want to take it off... need parts, anybody? Again, car is in LA, so I'd like em local...

Only the new parts... go bad!

Attached Files:

22. Will Kimble

Will Kimble

Does anybody know if the aluminum reproduction Winfield heads are currently available anywhere? I am trying to feel out all my options before I bolt this original Winfield on that has been milled to somewhere north of 8 to 1... I guess I should just call Sacramento Vintage Ford - or would it be better to call Specialty Ford in Rosemead? Are they the ones that have these made?

Thanks,
    Will Kimble

23. I got mine from Red's Headers, had em in stock when I ordered it (this was a while ago)

24. Will,
    Could you take a micrometer reading of the thickness of one of the head stud bosses? I miked one that I have and it was approx .200 thinner than a stock ford head that i have. Just curious

25. Sounds great- I'll be leaving here on Wed after work, wo will probably see you on Thursday!

26. Good deal, I appreciate any help that I get Bill. I will ask and see if there is any relation. I have been pretty well recieved with the club and have had offers of help from many members and I have helped some of them as much as they have me. As of right now I am just content to have my downdraft w/97, header, and 12 volt conversion done. The only head I am really looking for is a Police head with the cast B and heartshaped ports. I know where a fella is who has some but I am going to wait.

I had a challenge presented to me by one of the club members sons of drag racing our cars pretty stock next year at dragfest so I want to get the whole deal running as good as possible. One stipulation was stock cast iron heads. I am sure that at some point I am gonna stumble upon a Riley OHV conversion or other speed heads for the right price. My latest score was a complete Diamond A Block Engine for 100$ last week. So I will just be patient.-Weeks

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  27. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

There's a Police head on Ebay right now, bid up to only $150 auction 330355134752

28. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

I thought I read somewhere that the police heads had a B stamped into them:confused:

29. A-Wall

A-Wall

this is definitely cast in

30. I know but I do not like how the cast B has been smoothed off. I am a purist in the respect that I do not like altered originasl parts. Thank you though. I showed A-wal the other night when he was asking about the B-1 on his head.-Weeks