Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Big Olds Big Cross Country Adventure 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Aug 6, 2009.

1. alumslot

alumslot

Thank you so very much for letting me go on your trip with you.

2. camargma

camargma

what a wonderful adventure! i loved reading it, and hated it too cause damn, the scenery you and Big Olds went through is absolutely amazing :)

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I expecially liked all the food pictures

4. Thanks Denise, enjoyed every page.

5. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dont know what im going to do with myself i have no more adventure to look forward to..... im sure i can find something here on the H.A.M.B

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm thrilled you guys enjoyed it so much. Makes all the effort worthwhile.

As far as a book goes I'm going to leave that to the professionals on here, C9 and 40StudeDude, and stick to scrapbooking. If at any time we run into each other at a car event, and you're interested in checking out one of my scrapbooks, just asked. I'll be happy to show you whatever one I have with me at the time.

It's funny how one person's comment can stay with me for a long time......each and every time I cleaned my windshield on this trip I thought of you. How crazy is that?!? :D

I wasn't really sure where my stop was going to be on that night till Brent (Jaws) invited me to stay at his place just a few days before I got there. Next time we'll get together for sure.

I'll have to make sure I leave them dirty so you have an excuse to visit....not that you need one.;)

That's interesting, I would have thought another photo you saw from me recently would have gotten you more excited. :D

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  7. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Excellent! Your the best Denise! I always ALWAYS look forward to seeing you and Im pretty sure everyone else does too!

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I would love to have that Model A woodie project back on page 17.. as well as his old surf boards...

9. Thats my friend Lennys stuff. His boards are for sale right now...

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You think he might be willing to sell that little scooter thing I loved so much??

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Denise, is your speedo correct. I did not think you would have put 2,000 miles between the 98000 mile post you did and your 100,000 post (did not realize it was that far between the two and I have driven across this country, but the back roads can really add up compared to main freeways..)

you interested in sharing your fuel bill for this trip.. I know it had to be large...

12. I dought it, and your in line behind me for that thing ;)

13. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

All those shows, all those miles, all those states and not ONE Dennis Gage sighting???
    You oughta do your own show.

Thanks for the pics and commentary.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I already did, look at my last day on the road part.

15. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

BRAVO!!! Great trip and great inspiration to the rest of us to get out and see more of this wonderfull country that we live in.

Thanks Denise and great seeeing you again.

16. rodncustom

rodncustom

It's funny, you and Megan both had once in a lifetime, cross country, road trips this summer but not with eachother.:)

17. aceguy

aceguy

What a great story. Looked foreward to it everyday. Great to see you twice in one year too!

SS

18. hdv32

hdv32

Just spent the last two hours looking at the entire thread again. Thanks so much for taking the time to make us feel as though we took the trip with you. Wish I had half the zest for life to do what you really enjoy instead what we "think" we have to do.
    Thanks again

19. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

Denise:
    You sure had a great adventure. I'm still waiting for the Bowling Green story, unless I missed it.
    Thanks for you and Mike Brown for wearing my shirts, I think Mike was trying to tell me somthing in that shot.
    dwrfab Don Ross

20. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

An amazing story by an amazing person! Thanks so much Denise.... You are an inspiration and I look forward to catching up again some time.

Have fun!

Noddy

21. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

I really enjoy your travels, what a tour guide!

I am also glad that you got everywhere and back without your car breaking down or other misfortune ( except for when poor Earl has to work that fender, I think butt is corrosive) , the 455 should be getting about broke in :D

22. This is an amazing story. It brings back so many memories of years past. Back in the '70's I used to vacation Colorado. In Yellowstone one year gas was 45 cents a gallon and I said "no way in hell am I going to pay 45 cents a gallon". In Ouray I saw a kid go down a hill on a "big wheel" and run straight into a fire plug. Didn't hurt him so was funny as hell. I went past Blue Mesa reservoir (Gunnison) one time and it was nearly dry. When I rode my old '84 Goldwing to California and back 3 years ago did the 160 out of Colorado to US 50 and US 54 to MO. Kansas has to be the only state in the union where it says "Scenic Overlook Ahead" and the scenic overlook is a stinkin' feed lot with a thousand cows. Yep, thanks for the memories ...... Hell of a story! Thanks..

23. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Denise, great coverage as usual. Thanks for taking so many pictures and taking the time to post them here. Good to see you in Bonneville, and sorry I missed the HAMB drags.

24. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

Thanx' for sharing this incredible adventure with us.

I'm going to go out and drive around in my old ride in your honor.

Then I'll make a batch of chocolate chip cookies for myself.

25. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Man, what a trip -- Way to go, Denise!

Malcolm

26. onenew32

onenew32

Bravo! Bravo! VERY well done. someone tell me where else you can go on a 20 day vacation and have this much fun for a grand. One of the greatest discoveries of my life was a Motel 6 bed / shower for $35 is just as good as a Hampton Inn for $135 Even better if you have good friends to stay with some.

Thanks a Ton.
    Tony

27. Denise=Babe Deluxe.

28. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Used to go to Truck-Ins during the 70s in my Van with a bunch of buddies. Same great times, unfortunately very few pics remain and it was always tough to describe the fun (craziness) that took place at these gatherings. Thanks to Denise, not only can we enjoy the adventure now, but they will be a source of reference and a part of history available for future enthusiasts.

Denise, as always, thanks for taking me along...

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That's exactly why I like folks to add comments that perhaps inform others who build a certain car I posted a picture of or who owns it, or they were in an area before and there was a junkyard around the corner that I missed, or a shop/garage/car collection. You get the picture, I really like it when folks add informative info to my posts that others can learn from. In my opinion, every helps to make a good post a great post.

Need my address???:D

Thats funny, I've been thru Yellowstone 3 times in the last 5 years and during the first two trips I had to get fuel in Yellowstone and it was the most expensive on the whole trip. Last year it was $4.09 at OldFaithful. This year I got fuel in West Yellowstone before I entered the the park and was able to get thru the park without having to fuel up again. I hate being taken advantage of.

From your fingers to the RoadTrip Gods' eyes.:D

Yep, Bowling Green is another one of the events this summer that I got about half written. Will try to get to it and post soon.
    (I like wearing your shirt when I'm drinking something red so if anything spills it doesn't show.:D

One of these days sweetie, I'm going to get to your event.

Yeah, that was a bummer. I've only got so much vacation time and I really wanted to do OR and WA and she had work duties that kept her very busy for most of July and Aug. Next year we're hoping to go a New England gig together.

Alittle bit of my road trip history, I did a cross country road trip from Detroit to SanBerdo, CA to Panama City Beach Florida back to Detroit in June of 2000 in my precious '47 Chevy convertible. The following month, after I returned home, I lost that car to a shop fire. Why am I bringing this up? Well, my point is, a person never knows what life is going to bring them and therefore shouldn't put off accomplishing things that mean alot to them. If I would have put off doing that trip saying, I can go next year, I might never have had experienced that trip with that car.

30. rodncustom

rodncustom

Good point and one you obviously live by.