Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nice day what did you do??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike1951, Aug 16, 2009.

1. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Friday, picked up my '51 tudor, Saturday put a few stripes on a buddies bobber truck, Sunday stashed the '51 in a friends barn till I can start working on it and mounted the slicks and rollbar on the tub in prep for MOKAN.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. n1gzd

n1gzd
    from Acton, MA

Friday: took the day off and finally changed the hub/drums on my 36 plymouth, saturday: replaced plymouth ty-rod ends and replaced the bushings in the linkage for the hand brake, changed the oil, installed hood prop mechanisms, charged the battery. sunday: car club lunch gathering (brought 58 Desoto). sunday evening, cruise night (brought 36 plymouth). It was dripping hot on saturday and sunday. Friday was a glorious day. It was so nice to finally get the Plymouth on the road again. I drove it with the windshield cranked out and the "factory air" opened up for the first time. What a difference that made.
    Rebecca

3. HotRod33

HotRod33

took off in the 33 and went fishing....

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Took the '53 Chev to a big weekend car show about an hour away. Well, it used to be big, not sure what has happened to it. Walked around a couple hours then decided it was too hot. Immediately headed for the pool and stayed there until after the sun went down :D

5. But when you are making enough power to break stuff, there is something cool about it. :)

6. Used to hear an old gentleman (RIP) say this:

If you break it with one car rebuild it with two. If you break it again huff it. The next time you break it inject it and after that there is always POP.

Seems to me he always had fun.

7. MP&C

MP&C

Started putting stainless on the Fairlane Fri nite and Saturday. Sure makes a world of difference having polished it up, really looks nice against the red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still need to polish the aluminum trim around the rear window and Zoops that as well. the owner's not installing the wipers, so we found some chrome bolts and polished up some stainless washers to fill in the holes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sunday we tied up some loose ends on the car and got the rear wheels back on. Seemed like a nice day to roll it outside again for more pictures....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For what was considered a mid-size car back in the 60's this thing sure has some long quarter panels!

8. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Took my coupe out for a long drive, cracked and broke my headlight mount. Took it home and fixed it. Great day.

9. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Went to the local Hillclimb (Shelsley Walsh) with some friends

[​IMG]

Nice people cool cars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. boldventure

boldventure

Went to Laguna Seca and took a few pictures...:p

Attached Files:

11. British hillclimbs look like a whole lot of fun.

Pretty much an all-round test of HP, handling, suspension, brakes and driver skills.

I wish we had a few over here that weren't so oriented toward restored cars.

Closer than Pikes Peak and Signal Hill would do it for me....

12. True.

One pass - and it doesn't have to be straight - where it all hangs together is where most of us get hooked.:D

13. Cool pics. Love the Shelby

14. Cirelli

Cirelli
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I washed, waxed & cleaned up 5 cars today. Now I'm so worn out, I don't feel like going to the car show tonight!

[​IMG]

15. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

messed around with pontiac a bit

16. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Spent money I didn't have on a car I didn't need.

17. 3spd

3spd

I cleaned out my sisters new (beater) 1972 VW Beetle, installed a new carpet kit and took it out for my first drive in it. Its a quirky sonofabitch.

Ryland

18. flat34pu

flat34pu

:Dcalled off, and installed hubs and drums on the rear.
    its 100degrees right now

19. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

Totally OT but I just passed my year two comp exams with no revisions.
    I am ONE paper, a big one, from a Ph.D.

20. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Filled up my 29 gas tank - solves my fuel starvation issue till I get a 6V fuel pump and 3lb regulator. Driving a Model A in 114 degree heat is a feat in itself ;-)

21. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

I went over to my good friend Dan's house to talk about his new Model T. Had a hell of a time and found me a new project. No purchase though.

22. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

hm let´se,put oil in my new pan,that didn´t fit,put a new genaretor on the new engine that didn´t fit,new fenderwell headers that didnt fit,pore antifreeze in the new engine you now what? yes there were a leek.cald the trans guy and ask when my trans are ready? are you in a hurry were the answer.so i go on whit the fuelsystem (fuelcell and holleypump)and guess what? yes of course the were a leek.

I WANT TO GO FOR A RIDE IN MY CAR.

23. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

i had a colonoscopy today w/good results.hey you asked

24. MrkCat37

MrkCat37

Drove the 37 to work. Everyone wanted to know why I'd be drivin' around without AC. 107 today. Ya know, you just don't feel the heat when you're havin' fun.

Mark

25. I'd like to see more pictures, please.

26. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

here ya go !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. trad27

trad27

got my body reunited with my freshly painted chassis :D :cool: dont give me crap about the windshield frame It just mock up to get the feel.
    [​IMG]

28. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

Built in the electrical wiper system in my shoebox and put the twin wheels on my new project, the 1947 ford 1 1/2 ton truck......

29. Phil1934

Phil1934

My neighbor used the bolts to draw his 3 speed tranny in. I just nickel welded two ears and two silver dollar sized pieces of case back in. After lunch I think I'll help with the installation.
    It's later. The problem was swapping an early '60's Chevy synchronized trans for a late '50's non synchronized one. The later retainer is about 1/4" bigger in dia. I'll have a friend turn it down on Mon. and he can finish.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009