Register now to get rid of these ads!

Powder coater destroyed my valve covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowrodderDon, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

I added a lil note, thanks for pointing that out;)

2. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

yeah i fiqured it out after i read back abit. It just looked like neg press i was just giving him a heads up!

3. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

STREETWERKZ, I didnt think you were bashing I thought that you were the guy who jacked up his valve covers. Just didnt want you to look bad! Your bieng the hero here, I will be sending you a lot of parts to take advantage of your offer (jus kiddin)

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I am sure they would fit nicely in his ass. You should have just polished them.

5. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

guy i use to powder coat wont do valve covers. He says that theres too much threat of eithor warpage, or somthing happening like sand getting in, and falling in the motor, to take the risk.

He said use high temp motor paint, and it'll turn out awesome

6. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

yea he's the good guy in all this. takes an upstanding person to offer to help fix someone elses mistakes to make something right,for a fellow member.

7. DMFB

DMFB

Steal his children and sell them to China.....that'll show 'em. hahaha.......seriously, thats a Shitty sich-e-ashon ya gots there my friend. Hope all works out.

8. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

no problem, I get it... trust me I don't want anyone else to be confused about my identity either. Hell knows I got enough problems :D

9. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

I was contacted by another member willing to chip in a set of Pristine Corvette valve covers. You people here on the HAMB are the greatest. I was starting to lose it, but now it's all comin' back to me why I'm here in the first place, And I will pay it forward when I see somebody in need. But I'm still not done with that bastard that ruined my valve covers.

10. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

You said you document everything. Do ,you have a receipt for is work.

So here is something you can do. Make up a nice sign with his name. Also put on it "LOOK WHAT HE DID TO MY VALVE COVER". have a before picture of the valve covers in the sign.

Set the sign and the valve covers in front of your car or your buddies cars at every cruise and car show you go too. That way a lot of people will see it. And with all of your document there is not mush he can do.

Just my 2 cents

11. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

12. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Since us HAMB's are in the givin mood, send em my way when done and Ill throw some pinstripes on em for ya if you want. total cost free fifty free!!

13. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

you guys are awesome!! :)

14. BW

BW

I was in the Powder coating and the Header Coating biz for six years. I know exactly what happened to your valve covers. You wanted them to mach your headers so he used the same Ceramic Header coating on the valve covers. Header coatings cure at 500 deg. min. After trying to do this on an old set of aluminum valve covers myself. I found it warped them beyond repair and never did it on a customers parts.
    He destroyed your parts. It was unprofessional neglect. Give him a chance to replace them and go on, or report him to the B.B.B. and take those valve covers to every event you go to and tell the story.
    BW

15. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I think he already refused to replace them , Hamb member here is sending him a set,another is offering to coat them right for him, and yet another is offering to stripe them, all on their own dime, this is a great forum good people!

16. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

"outThereforaWhile"! Maybe I've seen "It's a Wonder Life" one time too many. LOL

But, SOMEHOW, I GUESSED this was how this thread would wind up !!!

Darn straight! The HAMB is a great forum, and guys band together the best they can when a brother is down on his luck!!!

Now, THAT's the old-fashioned way. Isn't that HOW the HAMB promo's itself? "Traditional" rodding? I am more glad EVERY day that I stumbled onto the HAMB!!!

17. CayoRV

CayoRV

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. First thing I notice is you haven't given us this pricks name, business name, address and location. IMHO you need to tell your story in full so the rest of us can pass the word on and avoid this jerk. Word of mouth will do alot and hopefully your experience can be avoided by someone else with your help.

18. DBAG

DBAG

This would be incredible..take em' on Judge Judy for a snippet for a great Hot Rod Video! Now we're talkin!!!

19. Give the Attorney General of your state a call and ask them if you have any options available. It will also scare the shit out of the guy when you tell him your in contact with the AG.

20. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

uh, yes he did. read the thread. it's on the first page,,,AND in his signature line.

21. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

Judge Judie...she's hot. Just kidding.
    small claims court get him for time lost, damage of property, start at around 1000 bucks it goes to 500 and get them replaced with a pair of NOS (new old stock).

He probably doesn't care to much because he has larger accounts.

sorry about the loss

22. HD74

HD74

What a great idea!!!

23. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

good for you, someone upstairs is looking out for you:D
    let me know when your ready, we'll get you taken care of.

24. Bitchin55Merc

Bitchin55Merc
    from Dallas, GA

I had problems with my old home builder so I put a sign in my yard saying ask me about my builder before you buy. I think a sign in front of his business would be good then later that night, a good ole brick through his windows and move on. Do spread the word to your local community though.

25. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

in this day and time of lawyers suing for paper cuts the brick through the window might not be a good idea especially with video cameras everywhere. word of mouth is your best revenge, the truth spread to potential customers will do more damage then any brick. With the economy so bad,this guy treating a customer like this says he doesn't care about his buisness, as far as the valve covers,looks like your fellow hamb members have got you covered. You actually came out ahead. Also in the future, i now have someone noted to do some powdercoating for me, and someone to possibly do some striping. word of mouth and actions work both ways.

26. Truckedup

Truckedup

None of these "get him back " ideas will do anything but keep you all worked up longer than you need to be.And if you get caught doing a revenge act,you'll be the one in trouble,not him.Get you facts together and sue him in small claims court.Or just move on and forget about it.

27. Even if you can't collect a judgement against the guy if you win a small claims case that will get published in the paper for everyone to see.

28. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I wouldnt of payed him, and just walked out with the valve covers wishing he would lay a hand on me so I would have the legal right to beat his ass! What I dont understand is what good would the valve covers be to anyone if he destroyed them? Unfortunately it will cost more to try to retaliate in a civilized manner if it would even do anything.

29. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I sent the prick a email from Texas just to let him know that word travels fast. bad for his rep.

30. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

Good call...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.