Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Plannin´ on buildin´ a rad 1960 C10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sergioperez78, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Attached Files:

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

interesting. do it.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like fun until you get to the windshield. That will make most glass men cry.

Then again it appears that the artist drew it so that the windshield will be flat glass that is even with the front post and the area in front of it is finished off as a cowl like older style pickups or cars would have.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

5. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I second that motion.

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Ryaaaan!!!:eek:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. wallace

wallace

I like those chevys I wouldnt chop it up. but if you want to and its yours do it.

8. DMC

DMC
    from SC

Go for it!

9. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

wtf a ford in a chevy??? BLASPHEMY!

10. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Looks pretty stupid in my opinion...no sense in cutting up a C-10 to build that.

11. f100kid

f100kid
    from So-Cal

i like it do it. theres an artical in a car magazine not to long ago about doing that. but i have to agree . . . a ford in a chevy?

12. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Well, I really want a hot rod, but all I have is this 60 Chevy C/10 laying around, that's as good as an A right? J

13. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Um, no...... ;-)

14. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Even the artist left the glass out. :)

If your going to build something ugly start with something ugly. Do not hack up one of the best looking trucks of all time (And I'm a Dodge guy!!!) to make that.

If your handy enough to build that from a truck why don't buy a $150 Model A cowl and build something from there.

15. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

not asthetically, but practically, narrowing down the cab to achieve the proporitons shown will make the turret too small for 2 people, since the door steps inward at the window. looked at from the front it will look cartoonish. all that said, the cut down 59 ElCamino elsewhere on the board looks bitchin

16. 51chevcoupe

51chevcoupe

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth:(. That is REAL ugly. (Just my 2 cents). But.... hey, it's yours. Do what ya want with it but be ready for comments from EVERYBODY that likes those trucks.
    Ed

17. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I like it. Just don't put a flathead in it.

Put a Chevrolet engine in it, and go for it. You are gonna have to narrow the hell out of the cab, but who cares. As far as that goes... just weld the bed to the cab once you get it narrow enough and make a uni-body truck out of it. Instant crowd favorite.

Traditional... NO!

Cool... YES!

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

yup. i was going to say, you would have to narrow the shit out of it. those are some wide trucks, not a little go cart like a model a. the proportions would be all way off.
    the windshield seems like it would be crazy hard. but hey, let's be honest, you're not really going to build it....................
    right?
    (if you do, take lots of pictures)

19. kieran

kieran
    from San Diego

definently different. looks like it would need a whole lot of sectioning to make it look proportional though. if you got the skills, go for it!

21. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

I saw this one in Carson City a couple of months ago. Cab is mounted backwards to make the suicide doors....... Another back panel attached to the "rear" of the cab, hood used to make the cowl top....
    Not my style, but a lot of thought and work went into it.. Maybe some hints/tricks for your project...

Rich
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I thought go for it!! I take it back^^^^^^^^

23. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

WOW!!!^^^

that looks awful from every angle, just like I thought it would

24. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

most people use a older narrower cab for that look. i know one thing it's gonna sling water with those big tires with no fenders. good luck though.

25. I dont get it.
    Do you really think that doing that makes it look 'better' than using a 20's or 30's body?

26. I am going to be so glad when this so called "Truckster" fad passes. It just makes me fell ill.

27. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

28. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

ya know,,, with all the time and effort put into that grey thing, you would think that they would have something other than that $5 air cleaner.

29. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I'm restating the obvious here, but it will be really hard to get the proportions right. My neighbor tried it with an early 50's Ford truck and ended up with an unusable pile of crap that he eventually unloaded on some poor fool. Sell the truck and buy a 20's or 30's car if that's what you really want.

30. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I'm plannin' on buildin' a Robot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.