Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Graffiti Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Muttley, Jun 23, 2009.

1. sho1off

sho1off
    from Buffalo MN

even the Beatles and other british groups got their inspiration form chuck berry, Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis

2. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

So it looks like they were racing eastbound on Frates Road? (Movie shot looks west, 'today' shot looks east.) Power poles today are on the north side (northwest side, to be specific) of the road and have probably been there since long before AG was filmed. I gotta' go and stand on Frates Road! I'll have the chance next month. I'll take my digi along.

3. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

And the Beatles were always quick to acknowledge the influence of American rock & rollers as well as R&B on their early music. Liverpool was a port city and the merchant seamen would bring LPs and 45s home from America and the British kids would flock to buy them. Elvis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis all had a part in helping to create the British Invasion that came to America with the Beatles in January '64.

As for Dick Dale, my son loves his music. I bought a bunch of old surf music on CD after last year's Goodguys show where I heard Dick Dale's "Mag Wheels" on the PA and had to have it. I put five surf discs in the player and just let it play. "426 Super Stock" is another great tune. The AG original soundtrack CDs are excellent too. "Green Onions" has got to be the BEST cruising song ever. (I can see Milner and Falfa rolling out to race in the morning twilight...)

4. scottie

scottie

ive got some grabs from hot rod, while i look fopr them anyone recognise this movie? :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  5. Dustin Cottrell

Dustin Cottrell

Ahhh, when Project X was still cool, before they let GM performance turn it into modern day pro boring car.

6. A BIG AMEN! to that.

7. granny

granny
    from WA state

There were some cool shots in "More American Graffiti" too...just have to wait for them to come around.

8. all of these pics are sweet....but we need some of that primer willys from hot rod!!!

9. scottie

scottie

10. hot rod was the first hr movie i ever saw. i was about your age, 53olds and it was in black n grey. i loved it then and it was only 2 years ago that i saw it in colour. things move slowly over here. lol. thanks scotty and thanks Muttley for this thread.

11. MarkT

MarkT

Am I really the first to mention 'Heart Like A Wheel' ? O.k. forget the romantic stuff, but some great vintage racing scenes. Anyone got the DVD?

12. scottie.....you rock!

13. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Awesome pics! Anyone know any of the filming locations for "Hot Rod"? I know it was filmed in NorCal somwhere, but even though I live here, it all looks alike to me. Sure would be neat to know a few locations.

14. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Drag scene looks like Fremont.

15. rallisracing

rallisracing

Man, this is me! Same car, same attitude, and when I watch the movie now, I feel the same as I did then...I sure miss those days, and most of my long time buddies feel the same way...

16. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Yeah, I knew that one, but the other scenes shot along the back-roads don't look like anything that I've ever seen near Fremont. In fact they look a whole lot like the area near my hometown.

17. aircoup

aircoup

where did ya find that hot rods from hell dvd/

18. aircoup

aircoup

hey well i got this vespa i play around with

19. aircoup

aircoup

hotrod 79 was filmed in calistoga,napa and fremontdragstrip

20. Muttley

Muttley

I'll try and post some more tonight.

21. FlatheadPat

FlatheadPat

Great job with the screen grabs!
    Here are some shots of Paul LeMat. He's out at Gettysburg and signing some pics and a glove box door from my friend Frank's Apache Truck. In a few of the pics you can see two round cans.. they are film cans from each of the two 16mm films I own of American Graffiti! There's a shot of me on left, Paul in the middle (duh) and Frank on the right.. Paul's a great guy and a lot of fun to hang out with. We had the pleasure of spending most of Friday at Gettysburg last year with him. Also included is a shot of my "Drive In" at my home. Last year we did a Graffiti night and screened AG for a bunch of HotRodders.. what a movie.

Attached Files:

22. Muttley

Muttley

23. Muttley

Muttley

24. Muttley

Muttley

25. Muttley

Muttley

26. Muttley

Muttley

27. Muttley