Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Maryland

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jjaeger240, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Hi everyone,
    From Baltimore, MD, probably younger than most on here. Rods are pretty new to me, been spending the past 3-6 months or so soaking in as much insightful information as I can possibly learn and endlessly searching here and a few other discussion boards for knowledge. Only car I've ever built was my previous car used for drifting (as I've noticed not the most-liked motorsport around here) that I competed with for a couple years.

Would really like to attend some hang-outs, find out about some swap meets, and the in's and out's of my area from fellow local Maryland folk to help me learn some more and begin my own project.

So anyone local who wouldn't mind me picking their brains with lots of questions and helping me find my niche in this community I'd really appreciate it. Thanks, and hope to meet some people and eventually get a build going on here.

-Jesse

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. 343w

343w

Hey Jesse, Welcome to the site, hang in there and scan the Craigslist in your area, something will come up either here or there. You can always start with a 50's or 60's car that runs and then trade it for a project you prefer. It's all good!

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Jesse. What part of town are you in? You are always welcome to stop down by my garage. we can show you how to hurt yourself with tools.
    welcome to the board

Join the Maryland HAMBers to find who else is from around town

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=135

4. Welcome check the board because there is a newer thread of people in Finland drifting kustoms and hot rods.

5. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Welcome neighbor from here in VA - there is a Jalopy meet October 31st up your way we are planning on going to.:)

6. I'm in Kingsville (north of Perry Hall, almost Bel Air) however I grew up in your neck of the woods down in Parkville.

I'll definitely have to take you up on that offer and be sending you a pm soon about possibly meeting you and trying to learn. My family and friends are both only interested in a vehicle than can get from Point A to B and nothing else, so all I've consumed so far is my lone experiences and reading.

I joined the group, if I can find an address and what time this show starts tomorrow in Pikesville I'll definitely be there taking pictures and popping eardrums with endless questions.

7. I'll search up the information and be sure to attend, thanks!

Haha, yeah I saw that. It's where I learned there are a few outspoken members here that aren't too fond of import cars and to watch how much I say.

8. Welcome Jesse, from So. Md. Be sure to take John (hrm2k) up on his offer. He will get you headed in the right direction.....Don.

9. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Welcome. I'm in Laurel. I found my project here on the HAMB. It's better then craigslist I'll tell you that. Mine was shipped all the way from Washington State though. But there have been projects I've found from Maryland on here as well.

10. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcomefrom Illinois