Register now to get rid of these ads!

1st timer at the drags!

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Midwest Rodder, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Alright my brothers and sisters, after missing last year because of a vacation that my lovley wife had planned, she scheduled it early this year and I am going to the HAMB Drags for the first time! So what does a HAMB drag virgin need to expect. Work will stop me from being there all weekend, no hotel party for me:( but I do have to pay the bills. But Sat at the drags I will be there along with a buddy that I am trying to convert to the traditional side. Hows it work there? Do we just walk around and try to find all the HAMBers and meet everyone or is there a HAMB spot That alot of you will be at? I need some info. Thanks to all and cant wait to see you there and meet all of you I can.

2. BinderRod

BinderRod

The best plan is no plan. Just take off and visit when you see somthing that catches your eye. You are in for a sensory overload. I can garentee that you have never met a group like this. The attitudes are checked at the door and these are the finest folks you will ever meet. Just have fun!! Keith

3. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

and give the track owner lots of cash.

4. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I cannot wait! I am going to try to have my Olds done enough to drive there next year. I guess I will come with a pocket of cash for a certin someone:rolleyes:

5. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

The HAMB "spot" is the whole thing. You'll have a harder time finding non-Hamb folks than finding HAMBers. I'd say, 98% of everybody there will by HAMBers. And to top that, the few locals that I've met out there were pretty cool as well.

6. BinderRod

BinderRod

A HAMB hooker? Whoo Hoo this guy can PARTY!! If you need a shot of shine look me up:rolleyes:

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

there should be hamb name tags, so look for the folks handing those out...

8. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

OOH, I like shine!

9. Still paying for that glitzy new tower are we? ;-)

10. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

Dont plan anything. I never look for anyone Hamb or not. just talk to everyone, talk to the 88 year old guy with the cane who tells you about his past,his car racing, the car his dad gave him. the 17 year old who is excited about building a car. the wanna be who bought a car already done from someone. Its all about the cars, I always get cool Ideas from just exploring and listening.

11. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

That and i am saving up for a divorce.

12. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

Might have to split the tower into two equal parts. It is in kansas - right!

13. Suit

Suit

Hey! Good news ! Glad your gonna make it.

14. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

And make sure you buy a t-shirt early, since they sell out.

15. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

Nope. Missouri!

16. Suit

Suit

Hey Craig...Got ya 20 Orange cones courtesy of the MODOT today!

17. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

That would be Carl....
    And thanks for the cones. Talked to deputy Derrick today and he said he hooked you (us) up!

18. Suit

Suit

Hey Carl! No problem...all I did was go down and pick 'em up. I definitly owe Derek one for helpin me (us) out. I'll see ya Friday!

19. pants fit

pants fit

I found a couple hundred of those cone thingies just layen on the spressway:D how many you want there doesn't seem to be anybody ever usen them, and they been there forever:eek:

20. bohmer2

bohmer2
    from Thayer, MO

Hey Midwest
    What time are you guys heading out from West Plains? I am over in Thayer and was planning on heading over for Saturday and wouldnt mind caravaning.

Let me know,
    Brian

21. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

gonna miss ya this yr carl, see you at the ahra deal, sam

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

Carls not coming to the drags?:cool:

23. billygoat67

billygoat67

hey midwest rodder. be prepaired for a major flasback in time. i went for the first time last year and i felt like i was 12 years old again at the little drag strip 15 miles from where i live. brought back alot of memories.
    i'll be there this year again and hope to bring my 53 chevy handyman wagon next year.

24. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Sounds like this is going to be a hell of a time, I plan on wearing out my camera! The weather should be perfect!