Register now to get rid of these ads!

Miller Meet 2009 Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Super88, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Super88

Super88

Here's some of the photos I took at this years Miller Meet at the Milwaukee Mile. The first group are cars that were in the parking lot.

Attached Files:

2. Super88

Super88

Inside the pit area.

Attached Files:

3. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Amazing.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

4. Super88

Super88

The owner of this last vehicle had an interesting story about how he acquired the car. He answered an ad in a daily paper he doesn't normally read for some rims. While talking to the seller he asked if he had the hubs for the rims and the seller replied that they might be in the garage with some other parts. In the garage was this car. The owner said that he needs about another week of solid work and it should be running. Let's hope the Mile survives and there's another meet next year.

Attached Files:

5. I had a long conversation with him and really love the engineering for that chain driven supercharger!

6. Fogger

Fogger

The car in your last post is amazing. What a thrill for the owner to have such a historical racer. All your shots are great. The FOGGER

7. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Anybody know anything about this car? What is it?

[​IMG]

8. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Great photos

Jeff

9. Super88

Super88

Flipper, the badge on the front of the car said Chrysler. I have some detail shots of the car that I didn't upload if you're interested.

10. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

What a neat little car,(the supercharged one), do you know what it's history is, or any other details? Hope they don't plan to restore it, perfect the way it is.

11. SteveLines

SteveLines
    from England

Great pictures - thanks :)

Any more details and pictures of this one, please?

[​IMG]

12. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I'd love to see them.

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is the Juan Gaudion Chrysler 8 that ran in the 1932 INDY 500:)

14. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Lotsa folks here get all hot when they see a photo of a patina 32 or A coupe but man, this one does it for me. Thanks for the great shot Super88.
    :cool::cool:

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is a VERY NICE unrestored King Alfonso Hispano-Suiza. I've always liked the looks of them since I first saw a photo of a white one that is in England I believe. They may hold the record for number of spokes in a wire wheel.

16. twofosho

twofosho

Please show us everything you have on the Chrysler, incredibly interesting and beautiful car. Thanks

17. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

was that really all that was there?! and only 1 Miller (and a Miller Ford)?!

18. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

Here are some details I took of the Hispano Suiza

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the 1930 Chrysler cockpit
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  19. Super88

Super88

Flipper, here's the rest of what I have on the Chrysler. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

20. Super88

Super88

SteveLines, this is what I have on the Hispano Suiza. The owner took the car out on the track shortly after I started taking pictures.

Attached Files:

21. SteveLines

SteveLines
    from England

Thanks for all of the Hispano Suiza pictures everyone :)

What a fantastic car!

22. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Thanks a bunch. It is a really neat car.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  23. He was out on track for a long time and had several different passengers lined up for some laps.

He was enjoying sharing the old car experience!

24. NealinCA

NealinCA

Can anyone tell me about the wheels on this car? I am trying to learn about early knock off wires...and I really like the look of these. What tire size...like 19"? Are the fronts larger diameter than the rears...or is that just the pics? Any details would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

25. WOW! Thanks alot!

26. spendingtheirinheritance

spendingtheirinheritance

Neal, The wheels on the car are 72 spoke Dayton dental drive knock-off's which would have been the hot ticket on dirt in the 1920's until the Rudge wheels gained favor on the more expensive cars. The fronts are 4.50x18 ribbed Ward's Riversides and the rears are 5.50x17 Atlas Roadsters. They are real and they are fabulous.

27. NealinCA

NealinCA

Thanks for the reply...that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I love the car...that is a spectacular piece of history.

BTW, my great uncle raced dirt track in 1926/27. I'm collecting parts to build a tribute to Uncle Elmer's car.

Thanks again,

Neal

28. silent rick

silent rick

isn't that your car, cass? it's on your website.

spendingtheirinheritance(cass) is the gentleman i ran into at the local cruise with the offy powered A coupe. we got to talking and he told me he had just discovered the hamb. i've been trying to get him involved in the monthly banger threads. he's very knowledgable and really enjoy chatting with him.

29. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

the hispano is unfreaking believable,WOW what a car,the whole thing just totally blew me away!!!

30. spendingtheirinheritance

spendingtheirinheritance

Rick

Yes that is my car on Super88 #4 post. Some more details on the car--
    The wheels are 17 and 18 inch Dayton dental drives. The tires are screwed to the rims and there are weight bolts on the rears. The frame is a modified model t with adjustable truss bars along the bottom rails and is clad with a sheet metal cover. The rear end is an early mechanical brake Chevy and, as explained to me by Speedy Bill Smith, was used because the gears were much easier to change and the axels were full floating. The steering box is a Ross. The body maker is unknown. As was the practice of the day the tail piece of the body was nailed on. The model t based engine is a dry sump supercharged single overhead cam dual spark SR Fronty (Frontenac) swinging a Fronty counterbalanced crank. The chain driven supercharger is a Gregg that sucks through a 2 inch barrel valve Winfield carb. Spark for the eight sparkplugs is provided by a Bosch ZR4 twin spark magneto. The engine is coupled to a 1928 Model A transmission and clutch assembly.

The car has been invited to the Masterpiece Concours in Milwaukee this Sunday August 23 on the lakefront and will be on display with other racecars--Probably Millers, Watsons, and the likes. I hope attending a Concours event doesn't get me thrown off the HAMB. Its my first such fancy event. I did tell the organizers that I would not even dust off the car. If any of you are in the area stop by and check it out--I will be easy to spot. Just look for the guy that look like he doesn't belong there--that will be me.