Register now to get rid of these ads!

22nd Annual Gunnison Colorado Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fivewindow Johnnie, Jun 10, 2009.

1. motorman

motorman
    from colorado

Hello Everyone, Looks like a good time in Gunnison Colorado again this year!!!! I can't remember how many years I have been making the trip to this show and I wouldn't miss it. Again, Johnnie kept after me until I did it and I should have done it sooner, it is one that shouldn't be missed.This year he talked me into doing a workshop so I am going to bring some flathead stuff and talk about building a good motor. The setting for this show is great and the people are the best. All kinds of cars and a cruise to Crested Butte on sunday morning is wonderfull. I hope lots of new cars and people show up to enjoy one of the really good events of the summer.

Regards, Dave P.S.Bring your camera, the scenery is great in Gunnison.

2. axle

axle
    from Drag City

We're counting the days

3. THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY FOLKS !!!! AUGUST 22nd.

The Cruise-In is Three weeks from last night. The show in Jorgensen Park is 3 weeks from today. The Breakfast Cruise to Crested Butte is 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Things are coming together well. Registration is ahead of schedule, several new vendors are setting up.

Just talked to fellow Lonely Knight who went to the Salina KKOA show, he told that several Sleds are coming from Wichita KS. A wise move for them as Gunnison is the best in the summer, and a great thing for the show. Indicators point to a great Custom turn-out this year.

The race car display just keeps getting better thanks to "Fast Eddie". Who, incidentally just did an intro, go by and give the "Shithead" some grief. (Search: Fast Eddies Hot Rod Shop)
    ~~You drag racers are gonna like it !~~

There has been a great response from HAMB'ers so wee will definately do a "meet and greet" Saturday in front of the Gazebo during the show. Probably just before Dave Crouse does his Flathead workshop as most HAMB'ers will be near. Dave also just did and intro, (search: motorman), bust his chops too.

Will keep you posted as things develope.

Johnnie.

4. Since I wasted the Edselero's tranny on the way back from Salina, it's now a mad dash to get it back together, but I still plan on being there!

5. GREAT NEWS !

Just received a PM from Tim (MAD-CAD), it looks like the Bonneville car will be on the field with the race cars.

If the engine holds through Bonneville, we will probably get a little cackle fest from a blown 591 Caddy running on alcohol. I can already smell the fumes....too cool !

Will keep the updates coming.

Johnnie.

6. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Getting close now!!! Got our rooms today, see ya all there!!

7. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

I'm needing to get the hell ot of town so this will be a nice change! Looking forward to it

8. Dudes and Gals:

This shows gonna kick some serious ASS!! I've got my buddy Jack Hazelgren bringing his recently completed 1964 Ford Thunderbolt altered Wheelbase Car, powered by the Famous FORD 427 SOHC with Hilborn Injectors and a straight axle! He's also showing up with his 1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie light weight with Cammer!!! My great friends from Denver, Kenny and Phil Godsey will there with a 1964 Mercury Comet A/FX "Ronnie Sox" Tribute car with the traditional Sox and Martin Red/White/Blue paint job, a 520 cubic inch Hi-Riser Wedge Engine pumping out over 800 hp!!!, of course with a 4 speed. Phil will be there with his show stopping 1964 Ford Falcon, 427 Medium Riser topped with Dual Quads. This black beauty looks like it was dipped in glass, Both cars are truley amazing to see!!!!!!

I'm still in the process of getting another 1965 Ronnie Sox car to show, a Nitro Slingshot Dragster and a 1964 Plymouth Fury, 426 Max Wedge, Cross Ram, 4 speed Super Stocker to show a little love.

I'll be there with my 1965 Ford Falcon A/FX Tribute car and also showing of my Daughters new 1960's Front Engine Slingshot Dragster with a down-sized Ford 427 SOHC featuring Hilborn Injectors and Zommie Headers. This Slingshot gives a new meaning to Junior Dragster. Check out my photo albums and you'll see what I mean!

Anyone else out there with some Nostalgia Drag Cars, give us a shout so we can fit ya in!!!

See ya at the Show!

"Fast Eddie"

9. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Looks like we're flying out of here on the 19th. Can't wait !

10. arbs1976

arbs1976

Yeah I'm getting stoked for the show. Can't wait to see your 40 up close in person. Cheers!

11. This is getting crazy ! Fast Eddie is working overtime on the Drag Car display. I hope you guys read his post, #68. In addition to that, it looks like we might now have TWO, Bonneville cars at the show, and a couple of Jr. Fuelers too.

Eddie got the ball rolling and now this thing is starting to snowball. Thank you "Fast Eddie" Stokes !

Will keep you posted as things develope..........

Johnnie.

12. axle

axle
    from Drag City

NICE ! Can't wait !

13. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

Only a week-and-a-half to go! Lindsay and I are definitely getting more and more stoked for the big weekend, and it's looking pretty good for her to drive her '60 Imperial as well! It's gonna be a barn burner!

14. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

One more week!!!! Great job getting those racecars, cant wait!!!!

15. mad-cad

mad-cad

Hotel is booked ,countin the days,just got back from Bonneville last night.:D

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

You grab a new record this year Tim...???

R-

17. ONE WEEK TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pre-registration is higher than ever before, looks like the turn-out will be amazing. We had more cars signed up as of last Wednesday, by about Twenty, than we have ever had the day before the show. This is going to be a good one !

If you are coming, registration forms can be found at: www.gunnisoncarclub.com

Here's a quick view of Saturdays happenings. Obviously this is will adjust as things unfold, but starting time is 10:45.

10:45 AM CACKLE-FEST
    11:00 AM H.A.M.B. MEET & GREET
    11:30 AM DAVE CROUSE of CUSTOM AUTO WORKSHOP/SEMINAR
    IACOCA AWARD PRESENTATION FOLLOWING DAVE'S PRESENTATION.

H.A.M.B. MEET & GREET: The H.A.M.B. Meet & Greet is scheduled for 11:00 AM in front of the Gazebo in the park. It will be easy to know when as it's happening right after a little cackle-fest if the racers are willing. I figure all the HAMB'ers will be up there sniffing fumes anyways.

See ya soon, Johnnie.......

PS: Working on some name tags, am thinking:

Attached Files:

18. I've got the transmission back int the car, and it's running great. Lisa and I will be there Friday morning. We're looking forward to it.

19. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

I'm officially bowing out this year. maybe next year.

20. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

Well, I talked to quite a few folks today at the Good Times car show in Old Colorado City who say they'll be in Gunnison, including Ray and Angela, and of course a bunch of the Lonely Knights! It’s gonna be great! I love the name tag! Can’t wait to see you, Johnnie!

21. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Johnnie , you got my DJ equipment ready for next weekend, right? Dual CD set up?

I'm ready and bringing some KILLER tunes !

Axle

22. We are sorry to hear that, well, put us on the calender for next year.

I gave the Dual CD player to our Sound Man Wednesday. Fred will have it all set to go.

Johnnie.

GETTING CLOSE ! !

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  23. 1931av8

1931av8

Getting REALLY close!

Installed a new clutch in the flea-bitten '62 vette we are taking. Looks like sunny weather, a big plus with a leaky top.

Can hardly wait to hit the road Friday AM.

24. GEET

GEET

Packing up the rigs....
    We'll be there with Rat Fink goodies and pinstriping!

25. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back on top

26. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back on top again

27. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

2 more days, forcast is great, should be an awesome ride over, see ya soon!!!!

28. axle

axle
    from Drag City

We're flying out of here with a ton of great music in our special suit case !

29. mad-cad

mad-cad

Edit: Sorted,someone has come to the rescue,thanks.

If theres anybody going past Bandimere raceway on the way to the Gunnison car show,I could use 5 gallons of methanol for the Bonneville sedan,I would remimburse the cost at the show.
    PM me if ya can help.
    Cheers:D
    Tim

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  30. Just tucked our DJ into bed................sending Alex & Celeste into the Black Canyon on a boat trip in the morning.

Cars are rolling around town, things are starting to pop !

See many of you tomorrow, Johnnie.