Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. mothradeath

mothradeath

man....im staring at the chopped vans progression pics and im not sure i understand alot of what is going on there. i guess thats what makes it so more incredible to me. stunned.

2. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Those progress pics are fantastic. Out of my league.

Later,Bill

3. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

Every time this dang thread comes up I want one.

4. rev106

rev106

That's a lot of work but the result...fantastic!

5. tinguy

tinguy

Hi Rik,
    We were pleasantly surprised this morning to see the pics of my grocery getter. With all you to do you took the time for Paul and we really appreciate it!!!
    Pat&Paul

6. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

painted the scallops today

Attached Files:

7. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

8. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

I love this shot, can't wait to see this one on the road. thanx for the photos Rik

[​IMG]

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

You California boys! That's not rough, it's just dented! :D Rust is the real problem! You can probably get a windshield made by Bob's Auto Glass (a HAMBer!), but since you're in CA, you can probably find a solid driver in CA, AZ, etc fairly easily. Those motors are hard to kill. You're probably wise to let that one go... but if you buy it to part it out, let me know!! :D

I'm diggin' the lower dash molding on the chopped Econo!

Nice scallops NMBuelist!

10. rev106

rev106

I see these things for sale nearly every week on Craigslist. You'd spend 1500-3 k on a decent driver, more on a nicer one. Already have one + 2 dodge a100's I'm vanned out. Check the new plaque we made for our van club we're forming:

[​IMG]

http://www.losvangeles.com/

11. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Rev ....... thats cool man!

Later, Bill

12. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

13. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

Is that the first Cheech and Chong van? :D

14. rev106

rev106

Here's the rocker patch and the "Vansicle" patch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. erock805

erock805

Good looking truck. How have you lowered it?

16. Calvin349

Calvin349
    from Oregon

Well I JUST got one yesterday. 65 8 door cargo van (the long one). It is a bit ruff and I do not have pictures yet but I have a question.

The passenger seat is a fold up jump seat thing. Kinda neat and little twist and it is out. I did not notice any of these in this thread. Were they uncommon or just commonly gotten rid of? Seat is in pretty good shape. seam at the back has given way but might be fixable. Even the dash pad is in good shape.

It was a coastal truck so the rust is pretty bad. Ran just fine for the 50 mile drive home over the mountains. Then on the way home from my buddys house the radiator popped. We parked it as his house the first night and I did not get 5 miles today...

Hope she is fine till morning because it was just getting too dark to strap it the rest of the way or even back. Maybe I should go sleep in it.

I will get pictures and let you all see when I get it home tomorrow.

Been wanting one of these for a couple decades.

Calvin

17. mothradeath

mothradeath

first off....welcome. ive read about the rarity of those seats but im sure someone will let you know more about them than i know. as far as the rusted metal on the van.....fix er up! thats the fun of it all. theres alot of panels that are available to replace and they dont cost an arm and a leg for them. check out this site for alot of econoline available items.
    www.macsautoparts.com
    and another place to score the replacement metal panels...
    www.millsupply.com
    search in the classifieds for econoline. always seems to be a few that are being sold or parted.

18. Billy_Bottle_Caps

Billy_Bottle_Caps

That is awesome!!

19. rev106

rev106

20. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Anyone got some headlight assemblies and headlight grilles / trim for one of these they want to sell?

21. mothradeath

mothradeath

22. Calvin349

Calvin349
    from Oregon

Thank you those are some good links. I might have to order and hang on to the panels till it is time to take that step.

There is still so much to learn, like the fact I found out it is a 66 and not a 65 today.

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

Calvin, do an intro!
    Those jump seats were, I think, dealer options. I think they maximized the amount (and length) of stuff you could carry. Since they were often used as delivery vans, you didn't always need a passenger seat. I don't think they're very common.

I have a nice spare set of grilles. PM me.

As for patch panels, Mac's carries Mill Supply patches. Same parts. Same price. Nice quality.

24. Calvin349

Calvin349
    from Oregon

OK the intro is done.

By grills what do you mean? What I really need is a whole nose cap and an "A" pillar or 2. I have some through rust also in the front floor but not sure if it is best to sheet metal it in or maybe find a whole front cut for it? If I can find a rear damaged van with a good front end that I could not feel too bad for saving this one. How about a good radiator? Maybe I will just have mine recored.

25. rev106

rev106

Donor vans are found from time to time in junkyards, even here in Socal I still get to find a few.

I used a mustang radiator and it works pretty well.

I think he means headlight bezels, not grilles.

26. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Heh I recognize that truck that's the famous Captain Canada Truck. He drove it all across Canada and USA he was a buddy of many. No joke I am telling you true he had two both painted different colours.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

27. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

28. Calvin349

Calvin349
    from Oregon

You are singin my song. Buddy that helped me go get the van has a 64-65 Mustang that he said if the rad fit I could have it. Looks like I I have a free fix.

Thanks, Already this site is worth the sign-up time.