Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is there a HAMB group for 49-52 Chevy's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51chevcoupe, Aug 13, 2009.

1. 51chevcoupe

51chevcoupe

The differences between 49-52 & 53-54 always made me wonder why they are lumped together too. Then I figured, what the heck, the front clips are interchangeable so I guess they are closely enough related AND they are so different from the cars that preceeded them and those that followed that it seems natural to combine the year groups.

The name comes from a goofy pix of Mike Ness with a torque wrench. And it is called "tongue in cheek" or "satirical humor" . Geeeesh some folks REALLY need to turn down their "bitchaboutit" meter.:rolleyes:
    ED

PS- I spoke to your car and IT said " But I wanna be a Rockstar, baby!":D

2. ems customer service

ems customer service

sorry about over reacting, we have a problem with some parts dealers telling guys they sell our stuff and it turns out to be the cheap stuff and then i have to deal with a angry customer, we get sensitive at times, i am embarressed now .

thanks again for the support of our prodcts

the ems guys

3. ems customer service

ems customer service

i get it grouping this way 49-54 are not tri-5 chevies and then to new for nsra in the old days. and then mechcanicaly the same parts, styling kind similar not 41-48 and 55-57 we have marked into a group like brothers who do not always liek each other.

4. ^ Eye Degree!!!

Actually, im thinking there should be a 49-52 traditional group...
    Traditional in the sense of no mustang front ends, v8s, S10 swaps, or trans am rearends.

Torque tubes rock!!!

5. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

DUDE....I'm about to be right out, then. I still have my running 216 in mine, and was about to finish up rebuilding the whole brake system to near bone stock (except for discs on the front) until my neighbor ponied up a 283 with a th350. I then grabbed a Trans Am rear and am about to do the swap. I can appreciate people who want to keep their 49-52s mostly stock from a historical perspective, but for me, a 216 is just too weak and the torque tube just keeps you from having more options later on down the road.

6. Ya, ya, ya..... The Mangina 216, youve littered this site with that phrase......
    Id say until you actually pull off the swap, you might wanna quit talking shit about whats working.

7. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I could, but then what would you have to get flustered about? :confused:

8. junior51

junior51

I hear ya on the 216, mine couldn,t catch a cold in february wet &naked. Not to mention running up &dow n interstate 95 @70 mph w/out a rod finding its way outa the oil pan

9. fat141

fat141

How about 235 or 261 ? Its fun to live outside the square.......350-350-9inch-mustang.
    Lots of hop up and dress up parts available.
    Nothing sounds sweeter than a six on heat :D

10. fat141

fat141

. Geeeesh some folks REALLY need to turn down their "bitchaboutit" meter.:rolleyes:
    ED

Worked........got ya going mate !! :D
    Cheers

11. That must have been the same guy who did the body work on my 1/4 panels.:)

12. junior51

junior51

I had the stuff lyin around . went to a road aget show in east hartford ct, 07. On the 45 mile drive home diggin the sound of the fetons w/smittys, lost what little op the 216 had and kicked a rod. tryin to find someone around here (so,ct0 to part w/ any 235 or 261 reasonably non existant. so 2 yr ltr in went the 350/350 w/s/10 rear. Now I can run at highway speed, around 18 mpg, for my 60 mile round trip to work daily

13. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

From what some of the other guys on here have said, to my noobish eyes, a 261 would have been sweet. Based on that info, I probably would've been completely satisfied with one of those had it been freely available. My old Cherokee's inline 6 was an absolute workhorse and had great pickup.

14. junior51

junior51

It will go like hell w/ the v8 in it. The swap is sooo cheap&easy jus stay motivated. Jus finnished mine last mont,been drivin the shit outta the damn thing &lovin every 70 mph min. Can help w/info on the parts you will need&the stuff you can fab ,gary

15. Lucky444

Lucky444

Troublemaker!

16. Amoros

Amoros

Can someone post or show me where to find this picture of mike ness that gave the name torque wrenches and rockstars, or maybe give the history.