Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

Been married 36 years, she likes hot rods as long as it gets me out of the house.
    Best times in my life were when we were young sitting at a red light and someone
    beside us would start reving up the engine and my wife would smile and say take'm!

2. repoguy

repoguy

All of my ex's hated my cars, my car friends, the car scene, and anything else car-related.

I believe that this is mainly because of their perception that I liked my cars more than them.

3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

mine rides with me all the time, I enjoy having her along.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  4. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

My wife is part of my pit crew..She can run the jack, change tires, change injector pills,
    pour fuel and change brake pads....I even let her drive it in a heat race once in awhile.

5. JAM

JAM

My father in law has been building hot rods most of his life. My wife was only a few months old when she went to her first rod run. She's been into them all her life and SHE introduced ME to hot rods!!!

I ain't been right since!

6. We have been married 25 years,My wife as always supported my interest as I have hers.Can you say RESPECT thats what it is.But to answer your question she loves hot rods likes to finally get out an drive the finished project thats the fun part she say's.Likes to be around people an enjoy's going to all the car events.

7. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Wife hates the car thing, but doesn't mind that I do it, so it works, I guess.

8. Gigantor

Gigantor

My wife can't stand it, or the fact that it takes so much time away from her. I don't bitch and moan when she does her own thing with the band or the girlfrieds, but god forbid I want to spend an afternoon turning wrenches!
    The other day when she was being particularly nasty, she said, "You care about old cars, your truck, the dog and me ... in that order." I didn't have the heart to argue with her. She left out the garage and my tools.

9. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

My wife digs old cars and going to shows....her car.

[​IMG]

10. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

My wife didn't enjoy the rods until recently when she was polishing my rod in public, that seemed to be quite a thrill.

11. tunes

tunes

My wife doesn't really care about the cars. It's just that she knows I like them and she'll go with me to shows and rod runs. She does like the social part with friends. Since the kids are all gone now it's gotten beter. :D

12. skwurl

skwurl

As much if not more than me!

13. she likes it on her terms and when she wants to. i would say more understanding than alot of women out there, but not a die hard either. thats ok though... i just wish she was a little more into the "culture" thats goes along with hot rodding.

14. rusty28a

rusty28a

My wife is the best!!! 110% supportive and will even come home to tell me where she sees for sale signs!!!

15. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My girlfriend does. My wife, not so much. But then she doesn't like my girlfriend either.

16. RoscoeFink

RoscoeFink
    from Idaho

My girl loves the scene. She even camped out at Bonneville with me this year.
    I guess I'm pretty lucky.. I may just have to buy a ring or something..

17. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

She loves it. Loves it as I drive away. Loves it because she knows where I'll be. Loves it because she knows what side her bread is buttered on.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  18. My wife has grown to appreciate the scene. She has always been supportive of all my interests and hobbies.

19. 63sprintinsabin

63sprintinsabin
    from Sabin, MN

My wife likes cars now, but it took her a while. When we were fist dating she always wondered why people would be staring at us when cruising around in my Falcon Sprint, now she knows why. I always wondered how I got this hot little blond to ride with me, maybe that is why they would look. She came from a family that could care less about their "vehicles" and treated them as a disposable resource. If her grandpa was still alive I am sure that would give me grief about rodding his old 49' chev grain truck. I can hear him now "what the hell are you doing wasting your time working on that old piece of shit when you can just go buy a new one" Ha, take that grandpa!! She lets me work on my junk and takes care of the kids and does this with a smile, I love my wife!!

20. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

my (EX)wife.... did, then for some reason god only knows... she didnt?????...... now, shes all about it again?????????.......whatever....... now shes into making my life hell if im having any fun...:(

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  21. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

my wife dislikes the "scene" greatly, she appreciates the cars though.

22. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

All the women I'm related to or have dated seem to dislike my cars and Americana gathering. My first GF didn't care about cars, the second did for as long as it took to get me interested in her, and the third was totally into it then a breaker tripped in her head and she suddenly didn't like cars ... or me for that matter. Currently doing the bachelor thing with vintage bicycle, motorcycle, and car parts all over the garage and house too! The only gals that I know that seem to be interested in my cars, bikes, etc. are two friends of mine that are into each other as much as they are into cars - if you catch my drift. :D

23. 2002p51

2002p51

My wife loves the whole hot rod lifestyle as much as I do.

Here she is driving our '47 Mercury, which is really more hers than mine. She drives it way more than I do.

[​IMG]

She's HotRodChick here on the HAMB.
    She loves going to cruise nights and Goodguys events.
    Her all time favorite thing is looking for parts for the Mercury and old pedal cars to restore at the Charlotte Auto Fair.

I hit the jackpot when I found her!

24. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

Wife-no, girlfriend-yes, LOL

25. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Most of the time she likes it. We don't go to many local events because it's the same shit all the time.
    Last night, we went to the drags for tune and test and she was out there thrashin her 49' pickup all night

26. Mine likes to peel-out and go-fast !! Check What's up with my wife thread !!! >>>>.

27. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

Mine is worse than me. We have 4 additions to the fleet because of her. She bought me my 58 Edsel for my birthday. I'm in good shape

28. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Me too. Next month will be 20 yrs for us together, and its a very rare sight to see me without her at my side. She goes everywhere with me.
    I, too, am a lucky guy.
    :)

29. My EX husband came into the shop one day after literally "running around" and said "It's either me or the cars".... Needless to say I never even put down my tools.

Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to find a gentleman who truly appreciates a gearhead woman. This thread gives me hope seeing that most posts are positive in nature. I hope you guys can get all these cool women as involved as possible!

30. She humors me ...