Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Just wanted to see if your wife's are in to this scene with you, Or just dont care

2. missysdad1

missysdad1

Wife? I had one, but she didn't like hot rods...

3. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Nope, my Wife is happy as long as there is a pool at the Motel..

4. Not so much. She is fine with me hitting shows, she knows I am not running around or anything.

5. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

My wife doesint give a crap, And hates when i spend money on my cars

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

its my thing not hers..but im not limited by her.
    now my daughter..probably more into the shows than most 11 year olds

7. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

She Loves it so does my son's girlfriend. She better, she's ridin' 3000 miles in it for vacation ! Course, she likes the pool at the hotel too !

8. kiwiboy

kiwiboy

My wife likes hotrod's, she likes the gatherings better e.g. Roundup so she can meet & talk to new people, which is cool as it gives my ear a rest :cool:

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

My Wife loves traveling and loves that I am passionate about something. So in turn she has really taking a like to old cars in general. It's a family thing to me.

10. My girlfriend (pronounced "soon-to-be-wife" ;) ) is kinda into the pin-up look, and loves my cars as well. She isn't really into the scene that much, but it makes her happy that it makes me happy. She's kinda funny like that. I ride bulls too, and when I asked her if she likes that she said "I don't like the actual fact you ride them, but I can see in your eyes you absolutely love it, so that makes me happy".

I think I have a good one.

11. CLM

CLM

Yeap, we split out time between cars and motorcycles. She likes both, has her own bike and I let her claim which ever car she wants. She helps me wrench on them when I am by myself. But helps feed and water us when buddies are over helping wrench.

Wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. And don't know if I could handle being married to someone that didn't enjoy doing the same things I do.

She has let me buy and sell many toys, as long as she thinks they look cool too. But I was told the other day the next thing we are building when these projects are done is a vw bug.
    I said great, chopped, fenderless, and lowered.:cool:

12. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

My GIRLFRIEND is 100% into my car craze. We go to lots of shows together, she loves talking to all the owners and finding out the history of their rides. We had a blast at Syracuse and have started talking about a project car to build together. Notice I said girlfriend, been divorced 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slim

13. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

My wife enjoys the big shows (Paso,Billetproof), the local ones... not so much. Races,march meet, hot rod reunion I go to those on my own

14. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

The ex-gf didn't like anything without AC in it. Hopefully the next one will though.

15. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

My wife is eagerly looking forward to the H.A.M.B. drags and the Springfield swap meet.

16. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

My wife loves old cars and loves going to shows. She's used to being away from home though anyway with me racing motorcycles.

17. 51 mercules

51 mercules

My wife really isn't into cars or shows.She will go with me once in awhile,but it usually costs me.I'll have to do something she likes to do,usually something I don't like doing.

18. budd

budd

my last GF seemed to like hotrods, i couldn't ever explain what a ratrod was and why nothing i have is one, when we would go to the local run on saturday evenings she liked to put her hands all over people's cars, i'm sure some of the paint jobs were over $10,000, i watched her put her shoe on a cars beautiful painted rim and say, "look it matches my shoes", just no respect for other peoples things, so i think we should have a hotrod dating thread on here.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  19. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

My wife loves the cars and scene of most shows but doesn't HAVE TO GO to everything I do like some other wives/girlfriends do.

20. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Tit for tat keeps most marriages happy. Personally, I like the first part

21. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

when we were younger, she used to be into it big time, but not so much anymore. she pretty much let's me continue to do my thing, and now my oldest son is getting into the whole hot rod / custom scene, so he's usually now my co-pilot until his car is done.

22. When I met my wife, no 3, she was already a life long car person, not much into hot rods, then more dirt sprints and muscle cars, but she loves it all now and will go anywhere for a cruise or show. Wife no 2 not so much but ok with it, no 1 didn't think we needed my model A, so I let it go, I should have kept the A and let her go..ah hindsight...

23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

since she's imaginary I can make up her mind any way I'd like. I doubt that anyone getting into a relationship with me has much of a chance if they don't realize how much a part of my life that I would like the car world to be.

24. skullhat

skullhat

all of mine do

skull

25. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

my gal loves it. Shes actually a member of our car club, and her daily is a 51 buick roadmaster

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

She built her own '51 Bel Air, drove it, sold it, and is now working on a '58 Morris

27. BlueOvalCertified

BlueOvalCertified
    from Minnesota

Wife will go to spend time with me, but she will talk my ear off and I better pay some attention to her. In general great gal though, and great mother.

28. I am one of the luckiest guys on earth,,,my wife loves hot rods as much as I do.

After 37 years we still enjoy shows together.

It is a rare sight to see me at a show without Mrs. HRP and I like it that way!:) HRP

29. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Shit yeah! Does she have a sister?!? Any girl who willingly lets you get on top of a bull must be a pretty easy going lady!

30. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

What Wife? HaHaHaHa. That would be a no.