Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is there a HAMB group for 49-52 Chevy's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51chevcoupe, Aug 13, 2009.

1. 51chevcoupe

51chevcoupe

Does anyone know if there is a social group for us 49-52 (or 54) Chevy owners AKA "rockstars":eek:? I looked but didn't see anything. I would have sworn that I saw one mentioned in another thread recently.
    Ed

2. Swifster

Swifster

Yes, there is. Go down the hall and make a left. The third door down says 'MEN', because 49-52 Chevies are manly automobiles. Go to the third stall and you're there. :eek:

:D Just kidding!

3. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Man, you must have mixed this place up with ChevyTalk :p

On the flip side, It would be nice if there were a part of the forum where misc. tech knowledge based on model could be stickied/compounded.

OH....and 49-52 cars are indeed manly once you rid yourself of the Mangina 216 that came with a lot of them! :eek:

4. They fit into the RwT group

5. junior51

junior51

HEY ,i,m here I have a 51 styline 2dr ,350,th350, s/10 rear. OTHER THAN THAT she,s all stock

6. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Ok, you can be in the club.....but 51ChevyCoupe is out....:eek:

7. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

8. junior51

junior51

GEE thanks wally! But seriously, im also looking for a pass side door. I know a guy in the great state of moose & snow (maine) who has a handfull of these 49/52 chevys. 1 51 2dr styline,1 51 2dr ht,1 49 fleetline 2dr, and 2 4drs 1 52 and 1 54. I,m planning to go there befoe the snow hits the fan, he,s only 6 hrs from me. its hard to find 4 trucks & trailers to make the trip in 1 weekend , i,m probaly just gonna go myself and bring back one each trip first wk in sept.

9. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

If you've got a good driver's side door to spare (for my 50 2dr), I'd be really interested! I've got a truck, but no trailer (sure I could round up one)....let me know if I can help.

10. junior51

junior51

I,ll keep ya posted on the maine trip, but meantym try this parts yard in orange new hampshire, called parts from the past, ive never been there but i hear good things, reasonable prices&quality parts. they ship to you. you can also try chevsofthe40s.com they havelots of nos patch panels

11. Gerg

Gerg

rockstars with torque wrenches

12. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Thanks for the tip on the parts places, I'll check out the NH one tomorrow. For the doors, though, I'm just going to find a new door as mine is beyond shot. I could use a patch panel, but the cost of them is at least double of what I'd pay for decent vintage tin. I'm going to roll with EMS for the quarters/rockers/etc...but the door panels are over the top in price IMO.

13. Ross,

Do me a favor, post some pics of the door rust. Looking at the pics of your car they don't look to bad. You can make the patch panel yourself with a little effort. Todd

14. Don't forget your club dues!!!!

send me a 12ver and call it good:D

15. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Okay, I just joined. Send me the address. The check will be in the mail! :rolleyes:

16. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Will do, but don't let the photo fool you. The entire bottom 1/3 was completely rotted out so the previous owner bent galvanized steel in a half-ass manner and half-assedly riveted it on...then covered it in bondo and painted it. I'd need to strip it down to show you how bad it is....but I'll take some close up photos of it so you can get a good idea :) Getting all of that crap off, the galvanized, the bondo, seems like it may be more trouble than it's worth....but who knows?

17. You talking the outer door skin? If so, no need to buy a panel from EMS (nice stuff though) Cut a peice to fit the rot and lay it over something big and round. I use my compressor ait tank to get the curve that you need. You may have to do a little tweeking and trial fitting but it is easy (I can do it) Todd

18. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Count me in too.You only had the 216's w/3 spd.I got the supersize 235.

19. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

It's both the outer and inner skin. They did one piece for the outer and then bent another flat sheet for the inner (in a haphazard fashion with what must have been a brick)....I'll take photos, You'll be apalled! :eek:

It's that inner piece that worries me so....it's that way on both sides. Bwa bwa bwaaaaaa.

20. 51chevcoupe

51chevcoupe

OUT? I was never IN! I was never 'cool' enough to be IN.
    :D
    Thanks for the info, though!
    Ed

21. 51chevcoupe

51chevcoupe

I'M A ROCKSTAR ! I'M A ROCKSTAR ! I'M A ROCKSTAR !........ Now, where's my torque wrench?:D

22. Lucky444

Lucky444

I never got the "Rockstar With Torque Wrench" thing until I saw that pic of Mike Ness. Funny!

23. ems customer service

ems customer service

i am not sure were you bought parts and who said they were ours, but this is our stuff, die stamped inner and outer, thanks ems

Attached Files:

24. ems customer service

ems customer service

thanks at least for the rockers and 1/4 comments, hope to change your mind on the door kits, they do include the inner structure and outer skin. Fyi they do ship ups at a cheap price vs truck frieght for a full door, and we guarentee no shipping damage, ups breaks it we replace it no charge, no you have to call the shipper and put in a claim, we do it,

Attached Files:

25. social group..hmmm...actually there are a bunch of us on the HAMB - we are slowly taking over this site - but don't tell anyone...:eek:

26. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I wasn't talking about your stamped pieces, as I know how high quality yours are. What I was referring to was the previous owner of my car, who instead of buying patch panels for the door, or making quality ones himself, decided to make his own out of galvanized steel. He didn't know what he was doing, and thus it showed in his work. He bent sheets of galvanized with what must have been a brick (because they looked so bad) and then riveted them on the remains of the door, covered it with bondo, and voila.....dark secret instantly hidden!

I think since my story was spread out over several back and forths with Tugmaster, you misunderstood what I was talking about. :eek:

27. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Hopefully my last quote cleared that up, as I wasn't commenting on the quality of your pieces, but rather the previous owner's shoddy attempt at his own panels.

28. 52lomofo

52lomofo

i have a visor for one lol

29. fat141

fat141

Sorry but I dont get 49-52s being locked with 53-4 Chevies. Different deal altogether. A bit lame to call 49-52 "rockstar". Like calling tri fives shoeboxs. Just NOT right. You wouldn't include bubble tops with tri fives would you ? So please stop insulting my 52 by calling it a "rockstar "
    NOW all the keyboard jocks can rip it in to me
    GO
    Cheers Rod