Register now to get rid of these ads!

!!! What's up with my wife ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Engine Pro 5X, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Ok so a couple of weeks ago I took my dear wife for a ride in my car. So we're crusin around and she tells me to peel out. So I stop on the high-way and do a good burn out and run it through the gears up to about 130 mph. So she about shit herself and was really suprised that the car would go so fast so quickly and her comment was "just how damn fast will this thing go?" ----Now here's my question !! Do women have the same speed sensation like men do ??? She's always supported my racing but I just never took her out in my car and did the burn out and speed thing. And now she just keeps bugging the shit out of me to go for a ride in that car !!! >>>>.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Mine likes the Harley..for obvious reasons:D

maybe the speed in your car got her excited:cool:

My daughter is the one i worry about..shes agressive out on the track (go-cart racing)..she stuffed a kid into the guard rail down in Gatlinburg..because he squeezed her into the pits..she flew thru the pit road zig zaging thru the parked carts, came out right along side him and in the second turn stuffed him onto the rail, and left him there while she won the race.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  3. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

And your problem is?????

Think back to high school. Ever meet a girl that didn't want to go out with the guy with the fastest car? Women like speed as much as we do. Some just don't admit it. At least that's been my experience.

4. jj mack

jj mack

She just didnt know your hotrod was faster than her boyfriends vette!:eek:

JK, I bet she really likes the car and the thrill.

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Careful Bruce.......has she taken a new life insurance policy out on you lately?

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

jj mack.....you beat me to it...I had a similarly scurrilous remark in mind. Good shot....

dj

7. Scotch

Scotch

You should look into open road racing. You get to run high speeds (100-plus) for extended periods. The Silver State in NV is probably the best known, but there are several other open road races being run now. I just got back from this one: www.sorcrace.com in Nebraska and it was a blast.

You need a navigator to be really competitive at these things, and lots of guys wives navigate for them. It's a great opportunity for her to not only see how fast the car can run, but also help you win an event with it.

8. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

You just got a reason to build another badass car! Hers!

Congratulations!

Personally, I like to scare em no later than the third date. Kinda sets the tone, ya know? How did you guys get all the way to married without powershifting?

9. to some women that IS foreplay ..

10. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Not so fast man, I think she must be having an affair and just comparing your car to her boyfriends. On a serious note, buy her some flowers and a card right now. Steven.

11. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

speed is speed,,,,,
    i dont think it's a gender divided thing...
    you either have a need for speed or you don't....

there are guys that don't dig going fast, , ,
    my dad raced stock cars back in the 50s,,,
    they built a car for my uncle (his younger brother)...
    my dad told me my uncle drove the car once and nearly shit his pants, so my dad had to drive that car too,,,,,,

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Women have worse speed sensation than men.

13. skullhat

skullhat

most guys dont wanna ride in the willys, but the women do......maybe they are just more trusting , lol

skull

14. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

let her drive

Seriously she will show you up in it. Promise, as she has no preconcieved notions what it will and wont do. You on the other hand understand mechanical limits.

Oh, yeah did I say let her drive!!

15. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

My wife gets angry whenever I smash the "Go" Pedal, but the strange thing is she is usually smiling until I let off...

16. havi

havi

Something my father told me: Women make better drag racers. Once they go beyond the threshold of fear from going fast, they never feel that fear again. Men on the other hand will always have that one sense of holding back when the shit hits the fan.

17. Watch out, soon she will want to drive it....and it may be gone when you want to drive it.

18. dont question it! , just do it!

19. When I was still dating my wife.. I had a 70 roadrunner.. 440 / 4 gear.. No power anything.. The clutch was hard and the steering was harder.. For the fun of it.. I sent her little 89 pound 16 year old self to the store in it.. Just for giggles... I FIGURED SHE WOULD NEVER GET OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY.. Damn it if that didn't backfire.. I couldn't get her out of it.. That car spent more time sideways with her at the wheel then it did going straight.. I gotta say.. 35 years later... She is the only person I trust to get squirrely behind the wheel when I'm in the car,,,

20. hellerods

hellerods

I am with you brother-- my wife said the same thing to me after a serious tear down and rebuild in the garage that took a year-- out of the blue on the way home from a family event, she said " show me what this thing will do!). Well---- she ain't no spring chicken, I wasn't sure she meant it? But knuckleheadness took over and I said OK, (how do you like me know, kind of attitute) I stopped dead in the road, and thought - what the Hell,give her the real treatment!! I went through the gears and let off , nothing- no response- we continue on and I had to ask, Well what did you think, did that scare you?? She says" No, I figured if you could build it, you had ought to be able to drive it". She hasn't asked for another ride, its been about three years!! 66 chevelle BUILT BBC(628hp) SIX SPD RICHMOND 12 BOLT :>)

Attached Files:

21. Pregnant, damned sure is. :D:D

Hell buddy I never could keep mine out of the car. I mean she likes to go for walks and all that but she really likes to go fast, the faster the better.

22. BigChief

BigChief

Yeah....I've got data to prove it as well. Once they get over the fear of it all, some chics dig speed/power as much as we do. I used to drive to Boston when my ex's parents lived there. I'd ring my SHO Taurus out to 140 through the Montezuma Swamps out on I90 at ohdarkthirty in the AM. She'd ususally sleep through it or, if she was awake, just sit there with a grin. She also used to take my '69 428SCJ/4-speed Mach I out once in a while and I'd get phone calls bitching about the marks she'd left in front of some of our "non-car" friend's houses.

The chic I'm hanging out with now is going with me to Watkin's Glen next week for open track/high performance driving school. As an instructor I can take her out on the track with me.....based on what I know about her, I'm betting that she'll be screwing a track car together this winter for next year's events. There are more than a few women who run cars/drive at these events....so its no suprise to me that your wife's gonna get the 'need for speed'.

-Bigchief.

23. She's a good woman as she's put up with my crazy ass for 21 years. I did let her drive one of our other cars with a automatic in it and she thought it was very cool. Now when we got done with the burn out and the 130 mph stuff I told her my Model A coupe would be a bit faster so she encouraged the build on it. So if you meet us on the road and she has a big smile goin you know why >>>>.

24. HI-TORK

HI-TORK

Sounds like she needs her own car!! Same reason I'm building my own hot rod because I know my fiance will rarely let me drive his and he wont drive as fast with me in the car.

25. Diavolo

Diavolo

I think the key is that when you are behind the wheel, you are the one in control and you know what to expect. I've been passenger and had the crap scared out of me, but doing the same thing behind the wheel is just plain fun!

26. shock

shock

BaWHaaaaaaaa !:D

27. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

my wife just gets scared and makes a weird face like she's about to die.

28. Buzznut

Buzznut

Is it really a smile, or is it the G-forces pulling her lips back and it just "looks" like a smile?...

LOL...I usually get the same reaction. STOP! But smiling all the way...

29. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

I took a girl for a ride on my bike and she kept telling me .... GO FASTER!!!!..... so i did...

30. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Bruce, that is not a grin on her face...she is just laughing at you.