Register now to get rid of these ads!

youngest female in the 200mph club?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimmydeansgirl, Aug 13, 2009.

1. jimmydeansgirl

jimmydeansgirl

Anyone know who the youngest female in the bville 200mph club is? I'm wondering if I'm over the hill yet. I looked all over the internet but couldnt find out. Can ya'll help?

2. coryw

coryw
    from Omaha, NE

You might want to ask over at landracing.com I've been looking at their forums for speedweek updates. Also, it is my understanding (never been to Bonneville) that going 200mph isn't necessarily enough to be a member. I think you have to set a record and the record has to be over 200mph (you might know more about this than I do but figured I should mention it). Good luck.

3. budhaboy

budhaboy

as far as I can tell, Trillium Muir, age 28, is presently the youngest female of the 200mph club, IIRC, Nadine Endacott(age 17) attempted to make it into the ranks in 2007, but missed the mark.

4. Joe Law (Grumpy Old Men) from West Virginia had a young lady in the seat of his lakester 2 or 3 years ago. She worked for a technology company who put some sponsorship money in the car in exchange for the ride.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009

5. jimmydeansgirl

jimmydeansgirl

I'm thinking of building a roadster to race in, at 24 years old I think I might qualify for youngest female racer. Thanks for the help guys!

6. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

who cares age wise 200 mph is 2oo mph ,,the rush alone is worth it

7. Trying to break a 2 class record in a Roadster is going to be VERY difficult. These guys have been pounding on those records for years. To go 200+ does NOT put you in the Red Hat 200 mph club, you must break a record as well.
    All that said - GO FOR IT!

By the way, does anyone know how Kugel's daughter Jerilyn went this year? I know she went 187 in the roadster last year and her brother went 201. The car went 215 last I heard this year.

8. bardahl1

bardahl1

15 years ago I put a 16 yr old girl in my dragster

she went 200 at the 1/8th on her first licensing run

she qualified #1 with a 5.71 @ 240 at her first race

she went on to race Top Fuel, with some success, at 18

point being there's no reason it can't be done by anyone with the right experience and attitude

9. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Ask again in aweek or two when Dan Warner is back from the salt. He knows all that 2 club stuff.

10. Who was it?

11. Cshabang

Cshabang

I believe Allsion Volk may be...not positive though...my 200 book is packed away

12. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

It went 225+ yesterday, but I don't know who was driving it.

13. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Muwahahaha, The Cherry Bomb Special. So I've managed to talk you into building that roaster into a REAL go fast machine huh? Word.

14. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

BTW, the current record for E/BGMR is 249.008. We got our work cut out for us. But I can't wait!

15. 55chevr

55chevr

you have to break a record over 200 mph to be in the "club" ... not just go 200 ...

16. I have been collecting parts for my 27 coupe for a while now. I have always wanted to make the "200 mile an hour club" or alteast run at bonnevile. You cant just run? Do you have to belong to an organization or have to be certified or liscensed to do so?

17. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Get a rule book. Meet the requirements for safety. Pay your entry. Put right foot on floor. Leave it there. Your running at Bonneville.

18. So its no nearly as hard as people say it is?

19. Cshabang

Cshabang

if it were only that easy Rich..hahaha

Ron Jolliffe told us when we were setting up the roadster that its not "if" you spin a roadster..its "WHEN" hahaha and the guys found out this year when it looped at 156 through the lights....

20. KeithDyer

KeithDyer

FWIW, the guy on the PA system at Bonneville said on Monday that more people have climbed Mt. Everest than have made it into the 200MPH club.

Pretty exclusive it would seem.

K

21. Im not trying to hijack the thread. Im just trying to figure out all the requirements and where to go and who tot alk to to get started.

22. jimmydeansgirl ...

I know for a fact that a Bonneville roadster doesn't know (or care about) the gender or age of its driver!

As others have stated, it's not very easy to get into the 2-club ... not only do you have go at least 200mph (a great achievement in itself), but you have to break an existing record (or set a record in a new class).

The Bonneville Speed Records for all of the Roadster classes are listed HERE ... Note that this list is currently "as of Sept. 2008" ... it will be updated next week to include records set @ SpeedWeek '09.

The Bonneville 200 MPH Club website is HERE.

With all that said, I say GO FOR IT!!!!

23. So a 27 coupe would be in a whole different class then a roadster? Well ofcourse it depends on drivetrain and what not.

24. Just for the record, Mrs. Bluto, driving the Ardun powered Furgeson streamliner, did break the then existing record, and backed it up the next day. Later in the week the same liner, running the same class with another driver, broke the Mrs. Bluto's record and backed it up.
    Both drivers earned membership into the club.

25. The Bonneville 200 MPH Club is a record keeping/social club for drivers who have entered the club by breaking an existing speed record or club minimum. The club does not get involved with rules or safety matters. Good Luck and see you on the Salt! The Bonneville 200 MPH Club .

I found this on bonnevile200mph.org-how to run at bonnevile. Writtin above. It states "The club does not get involved with rules or safety matters" So does that mean they dont follow the same rules as everyone else? You just run and they put you in a class?

26. 56 ford custom ...

I hope you realize that your Coupe is not a Roadster :eek: :D

SCTA is the governing body that sets the rules for running a vehicle @ Bonneville (& El Mirage) ... your 1927 Coupe would have to run in the Vintage Coupe class (and be powered by an XF, XO, XXF, XXO, or V4 engine) ... Checkout the SCTA Car & Engine classes HERE.

The 200 MPH Club is a completely separate entity ... and not affliated with SCTA-BNI.

EDIT: I was just checking out your profile ... what the heck is a 1927 ford 5 window coupe? :confused: ... this could turn out to be a "teachable moment" for both of us :rolleyes:.

27. you go thru the list and its list 200+ then you hit Mr Breedlove and wow ! speed god ! 600 MPH.

28. Hemi32....

Yeah i am pretty damn sure its a coupe. Im just trying to understand all the rules and what not for this. Im a bit confused on all of it.

29. jimmydeansgirl

jimmydeansgirl

Wow thats awesome congrats to Mrs Bluto! what an awesome achievement. I really want to learn more about all this, thanks for all the great links guys!

30. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

If you really want to get in the two club you should start with a body that has a better chance of making it. If you read the rules you can see that coups and sedans run in a different class than roadsters. If you put a SBC in your '27 you will find your self running against Monzas and gen 3 Comaros and such. Plan to get a plan.