Register now to get rid of these ads!

Woods Find Jackpot! Good and Bad news

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Radio Joe, Aug 23, 2007.

1. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Look and see if there is a rear underneath that 59 Ford. It'll be a 9", and the desirable '57-'59 width that everybody wants

2. Radio Joe

Radio Joe

The rear is still there. Its one of the top items on my list of wanted items.

3. Radio Joe

Radio Joe

Just a little update for this- They told me they would set the stuff aside when they cleared the lot.... And they never cleared the lot. I sent emails to the guy regularly and I think he finally got tired of my bugging him- He had me write up a "Hold Harmless" agreement for his review and he okayed it- So as soon as he sends me back a signed copy I have 1 month to go in and take whatever car related items I want.
    Im gonna have a fun month! Pics and info to come.

4. You need to get that carb off of the flathead when you are there.They are desirable for 3x2 setups.You also need to enlist some help cause some of that stuff will be heavy hauling out.

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

Awsome!!! Take lotsa pics for us rust junkies!!

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Do like I did... get you a spray can of bright orange, and put a x on every piece that you want... that way they can see and they'll know what it's for!

7. Radio Joe

Radio Joe

The carb would only be good for maybe some parts- They have been out soo long they are severely deteriorated.

Im probably gonna grab the flat heads and pull them apart at home- Even if they are trash I can make a table outta one or something.

8. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

Flathead blocks make good bases for anvils, etc.

9. doozcoupe

doozcoupe

Take lotsa help with you. When you get diggin' around in there, you may find that a month won't be long enough! This sounds like it might be a one time and one time only deal. Make the most of it!

10. wow, yourll be like a kid in a candy store. its great that hes gona let you go get what you want. take it all, someone will want what you dont.

11. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

SWEET! somebody can make a clone of J5 from Blankman with that old washermachine!

12. From what I can see, the '52-'54 Ford, if not fixable, could at least give up a lot of good parts. Sometimes it can be harder to find a missing dash knob or small trim piece than to find an engine.

BTW, I think the unidentified truck cab is a White.

13. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Thats why you go there at night!

Nobodys around at 3 am

14. Radio Joe

Radio Joe

I had to look that one up- That is cool. There are a bunch of those old machines out there.

You are right about the truck- It is a white big truck.

As for the 52-54 ford- Yeah the one I put the picture up of is basically just a rear clip but there is MAYBE one complete sittig at the front gate (Gotta verify if it belongs to the yard but I think so) and there is one old race car out there made from one. The race car is rough but it still has the cage in it so I think I may try to ressurect it using parts from around that yard. It wont be easy but for free what do I have to lose right!

Heres a pic I took of the racecar- its tough to see it but it is sitting on top of some stuff so it didnt sink into the ground. As long as a tree hasnt fallen on it when I get out there, I think Im gonna build it.

Attached Files:

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

and then people wonder why no one wants folks on the property, and the cost of shit keeps going up

clueless.

16. Radio Joe

Radio Joe

Another update

Ive been spending every free minute I have out here getting parts together in piles and gonna haul them all out in one day I think Friday. Its been ALOT of work but heres what I know I have ready to be pulled out:

*White truck- Cab doors and frame This will be my next project.
    *40-46 Ford truck cab, pass door and Front clip (This cab is RUSTY!)
    *3 Flathead ford engines- Unknown condition (but assume the worst)
    *Rear body clip from 52 ford for making a couch
    *Nice old Electrical cabinet I will use as a tool cabinet
    *59 ford 9" rear end
    *58 Olds taill lights and rear trim (good Shape)
    *56 chevy Tail Lights and front turn signals
    *Misc chrome trim for future projects
    *huge pile of Vin Tags
    *Misc Steering boxes
    *Misc Transmissions
    *Misc panels cut off of cars to use as patches
    *Misc other rear ends/ parts (Most rears were cut so only the gears would be good)
    *52 Ford Dash
    *1 artillary wheel
    *VW Transaxle

I'll post some pics after I get the stuff home

The Racecar is too trashed to even bother with. Such a shame.

17. RacerRick

RacerRick

Are you pulling out that 55? I am surprised at what you can sell off of those. Everything I have pulled off the 55' I am building that is not turned to dust has pretty much sold.

18. Radio Joe

Radio Joe

The 55 is last on my list right now. It is REALLY beat. The only truely salvageable parts were the front turn signal housings and the emblems below the rear tail lights. I it still has the frame and is burried so I aint expecting much. Im gonna jack it up and check it out- If its solid enough to move I will take it- If its not I am pullign the front clip and hacking off the rear body for furniture.

The sad thing is they cut up atleast 3 55 chevys that i found parts to, and 2 56's. Out of all of them, there was only a few scraps which are truely useable...

I'll post pics of what I do with it.