Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jungle Pam picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffunfried

jeffunfried

Hi Pam!
    I missed getting to say Hello at FCR this year. I didn't even realize you were there until later in the day! Hopefully I'll get that chance again at Larson;s in the fall.

Jeff

Attached Files:

2. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz

Pam have you ever written a book or considered it? I would buy it in a heartbeat, I love the stories about racing and the people that made it happen.
    Thanks,
    Duke

3. [​IMG]
    pam, your still a hotty!!!

4. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Bttp

Thanks Pam!

Nothing but great here!

1940 Willys Coupe!

5. JungleJim

JungleJim

WoW!...What a thread!!

6. Class act, class Lady !

7. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

From a 1934 cartoon
    I heard there were legal problems using the "Jungle Jim" title? Or just rumor

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  8. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

1966, Note the Jim Liberman on fender- no Jungle Jim.

[​IMG]

9. heres another early chevy camaro.not a nova

Attached Files:

10. Larry T

Larry T

Looks like a 69 Camaro to me. And I'm kinda having problems making -i- into Jim, but I guess it is.
    Larry T

OK, just looked at Pam's Site and it is JJ in a 69 Camaro ProStocker.

11. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Haven't seen this pic before

[​IMG]

12. yeah your right ..all those little chevies look alike to me,

13. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

"Berserko Bob" Doerrer trying to fool Jim by posing as Pam at starting line.

Tell us the whole story Pam!

[​IMG]

14. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Don't forget that there was "Jungle Larry" Faust before Jim became JJ

15. JungleJim

JungleJim

I've been using this username since the early 90's and neither Randy Lieberman, Pam Hardy Or "Bezerko " Bob have a problem with it. So, I will continue to us it as I please. I have been a member of http://www.classicfunnycarboard.com/ since 2002 and no one there has complained.

James "Randy" Liberman
    Son of "Jungle Jim" Liberman
    #17 on NHRAs all-time list<!--E Signature-->

BTW, I use "JungleJim" he used "Jungle" Jim Lieberman

P.S. If Pam would like for me not to use this username here, I would be happy to stop.

16. I might be wrong on this point,however I think you should have the respect to follow guidlines and do a intro per HAMB rules and this might not have even been brought up!..........Ihad the respect to bring this to you in a PM and your tryin to make a issue out of it??? and you use Jungle Jims LIbermans photo in your avator..WTF

17. Jungle Pam

Jungle Pam
    from 19380

It seems weird that anyone would adopt Jungle's name rather than use their own. But if that's what gets one through the day...whatever. You can bet Jungle wouldn't be quick to part with his name and rep.

That blue tow car and the funny...I think it's E-town. Jungle used to pick me up after school in the tow car. Now that sounds bizarre.

And good old Berserko naked again. E-town around Jungle's birthday I think. That's White Peter as crew man.

18. JungleJim

JungleJim

Pam, my name is Jimmie...been called Jim as well all my life. Was a fan of Drag Racing & Jungle while I was growing up in the 70's. That said, I adopted this nic as sort of a tribute to the man.

Once is a while somebody woth nothing better to do tries to give me crap about it like I was calling myself the re-incarnation of Jungle himself. I have nothing but, respect for him and yourself and for all you did to promote drag racing during it's heyday.

As far as the other guy's opinion I could care less.

I've been married 21 years 2 kids in college, 1 in H.S., good job, 2 race cars, horses, etc. So, I have enough to get me through the day without offending you.

I will no longer post here using this username

19. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Great to see Jungle Pam on here, what a great addition!

20. Spike!

Spike!

I think there are enough "tribute" cars and the like out there. Be original..think outside the box you type on..or, if you can't do that...go buy a camaro funny car body and a frame that Jim never owned and have it painted up like one of his...then go all over claiming its a real restored car...if you're gonna be a fake and steal shit, do it big!

Spike

21. Moving right along,I'd dig hearin more stories about the days from Pam.Gotta admit the "school" thing got my attention....so when did you hook up?were you in high school,college?? modeling school??........and yeah you really should write a book...even if some of the names need to be changed to protect the guilty............

22. It was asked a little bit ago will we see a book any time soon.

23. Prostreet32

Prostreet32
    from Indy

Yes, she is alive and well, however the years have changed her looks,..
    but like Linda Vaughn see is still fine after all these years.

24. Jungle Pam

Jungle Pam
    from 19380

Jungle picked me up after high school. I went to my first drag race about a month before graduating high school. That ramp truck was a rattling mess going down the road. The sleeper was about the size of a coffin. And in a major career move I decided to not attend the college to which I had been accepted.

25. mac762

mac762

You're awesome Pam. :)

26. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Hi Pam! Sounds like the 70's to me...:D
    It's very cool to hear from the folks that were making history, when they were just living their lives. All of this comes down, really, to my fathers time. Its MY era of nostalgia now, in that it reminds me of my childhood, and my dad taking me to the races, building cars, and, of course...explaining to me WHO was WHO!
    These visions, the names, the cars...all have influenced a lifetime. They continue to, and...when my father and I get together now, its a large chunk of our most animated conversations!
    Thanks!

27. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

And you became famous...ever wonder what would have happened if you would have gone to college?

28. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Well- I'm a book freak so it's Meatball & me 1st in line for the behind the scenes stories!

Pam- you probably don't know or remember me but Jim did. I used to clean & wax his funny cars when it was local here in So Cal. The pic on your website at the 68 OCIR just off the ramp truck w/ a clean cut Jim next to the car- if you look to the right corner- the guy w/ the white T shirt & hair parted nearly down the center is me. I did it off & on from 66-67 to about 72. Mostly OCIR & Irwindale.

[​IMG]

29. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

OEM or aftermarket...I like em all !

30. Jungle Pam

Jungle Pam
    from 19380

Ah yeah. Those Sunday, Sunday, Sunday radio spots. Got the blood pumpin' for the weekend. I pissed of my Mom by taking off for the weekend with Jungle. Packed a teeny little case and off I went. I had no idea what I was getting into. Off to Ohio. It was hot and humid. Had the 2/60 air cranked. Three of us stuffed into that ramp truck. Grass roots drag racin' wasn't for dainty folks.

No, I don't see myself as the book writing sort. I may have topped out at the foreword.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.