Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn Find-'63 Ford Galaxie CountrySedan Station Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tnrotter, Jul 16, 2009.

1. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

Barn Find[​IMG][​IMG]Just kidding, that's my barn I got it stored in. Just picked up this cool 1963 Ford Galaxie CountrySedan station wagon. Its got a 352 2-V automatic with power steering, wire wheel covers, new dual exhaust. Needs a little brake work and some u-joints to be drivable. Starts right up but has exhaust leak at manifolds like most FE Fords. Little bit of rust in the floors but no big deal to fix. Just a couple of small holes in the outer body. Originally an Alabama car that made its way to Tennessee. Hope to get it out on the road in a couple of weeks. Here's a couple of outdoor pics. I think it needs some different wheels for starters. What do ya'll think? Been telling my wife I would buy her an SUV but now we got a SUT (station wagon under tree!) She said she would have trouble finding a parking spot at work that it would fit in! tnrotter
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. LOWDOWN2

LOWDOWN2
    from Ontario

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  3. sodaturk

sodaturk
    from san diego

Nice find..I'm jealous! It would go well with my '63 convertible.

4. Just losing the wheelcovers would be a start! Nice score......

5. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

wagons are pretty cool.

6. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

my wife wants a wagon bad and after spending the weekend with a friend with a 64 country squire wagon and going booze cruzing in it i want one bad now to

7. btoovey76

btoovey76
    from NE

Really dig the 63 Ford wagons. I have been thinking of selling one or more of my cars/projects to get a wagon. I keep telling my wife they make great family cars. Enjoy!

8. rbroadster

rbroadster

Nice wagon, man!

Looks like it's a mate to mine.

They are tons of fun and more practical than you can imagine.

Mine's got the 352 as well, but she's a three on the tree! :eek:

Attached Files:

9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I wanted a 63 wagon bad awhile back and would still like to have one if I could afford 2 or 3 toys.

Attached Files:

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

.......and some similar years.

Attached Files:

11. oldiron73

oldiron73
    from WISCONSIN

Nice wagon, great family cruiser.

12. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Nice wagon. But FE's don't normally have leaks at the manifold.

13. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

gotta love a wagon !

14. RAY With

RAY With

After replacing the exhaust gaskets replace all the top and bottom bolts with stainless and resolve future problems of broken rusted bolts--Really a nice ride and I always liked the wagons for family use or cruising.

15. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

Already got barn swallows roosting above it and leaving surprises so I fired it up yesterday to run them out and clean it off. Pulled it out of the barn for just about an hour and a couple stopped by asking if they could check it out. Turns out they had a '64 Fairlane and a '64 Impala when they got married 20 years ago and it brought back some good memories. I ordered some wheel cylinders and a carb kit today and want to get it road worthy real soon to do some cruizing. Theres a killer show about 30 miles from me August 22 in Ardmore Alabama. If anyone is close enough to go, look up the Ardmore Quarterback Club Car Show for details. Great variety of vehicles. tnrotter

16. chumscustoms

chumscustoms

good find, im always a sucker for a wagon, keep us posted

17. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Dog dish hub caps on red wheels! I love wagons!

18. retromotors

retromotors

Fine lookin' wagon!:D

19. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

Well I've owned the Galaxie for exactly a month now, so I decided yesterday to go register it and put insurance on it. Up until today I had only driven the car around my yard that's a good 1/8 mile long. This morning I put the plate on, checked the fluids and air pressure, and headed out on my maiden voyage. 1st stop: gas station 1 mile up the road, 2 guys come up and check it out while Im pumping gas, that was cool! Then I drove back by my house watching the gauge, temperature gauge that is, the only engine related gauge in the car. Temp holding good at about a 1/4. 2nd stop: Church parking lot 2 miles down the road, pop the hood checking for leaks etc., look under the car, all is well so I continue on down the road. Drove 20 miles to work with no problems and steady temperature for the most part, it did climb ever so slightly when I was stopped at the traffic light to cross the highway. Brakes seem kinda firm, but they are 4 wheel drum and leg. I think I'll leave work early today so I can pick my wife up at the school she teaches at. She'll be so embarressed but I bet the kids will love it! LOL tnrotter

20. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

Upon further inspection have found that some DA has attempted to weld the manifold to the head! Maybe I can get the head milled down to spec. I have another manifold that was with the car when I bought it. tnrotter

21. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

I love the longroof> I have a 63 ragtop that I can't get any love for. I can't seem to find any parts in the south.

22. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

thats a great car- I love having wagons and hatches- they are great to haul a bunch of stuff

23. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

Although I've never purchased anything from him, there is a guy in Florida named Greg Donohue that specializes in 63/64 Galaxies. You might check with him. tnrotter

24. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

I told my wife just yesterday that we ought to load up all our household stuff we are going to have a yard sale with 'someday', and take it to a flea market. Then what's left we'll stop by the Goodwill bin and donate. Might just go there 1st. tnrotter

25. Squatch

Squatch

I love mine.... and my girls do, too. 2,4, and 7. She was down for a while for the transmission, but now she's back up with a fresh one and air ride, too. Excuses excuses. A couple of those pictured, I have seen around here or the other places. The black one? with the SOHC tag... has a 427 cammer motor...

My daughters decorate it for Halloween and Christmas every year...

Mike

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011