Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Heads Up!!! Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, May 8, 2009.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wow!! THAT storm pic looks like the one that caught us in iowa city!!! cool pics !

2. Hellfish

Hellfish

Steve aka Jester of the Czars did most of the organizing and planning for the HCHU, so if you had a good time, thank him! He's the goofy bald one. He did a great job... and blew up his wagon. Here are his pics:

http://www.dcoms.com/hchu/

here are a few

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Bamalamas! That kid is going to be a wild rock n roll star when he gets bigger.
    [​IMG]

This car SHOULD've run, but didn't!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

HCHU + SuperChevy show area. All of "our" cars got mixed with "their" cars, but it was all good
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Cheaters were there promoting the Milwaukee Gay Pride Parade, er, "Cheaterama"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

Back to the racing action!

A HAMBer catching some air!
    [​IMG]

The grey car is Hemi-powered... and was beat by the Olds.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hot Rod Chassis & Cycle built Tangerine Scream/Helen Wheels. It was a QUICK little truck!
    [​IMG]

Another HAMB car
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OOPS!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

For most of our kind of cars, "Techable" basically means seat belts, radiator catch can (not glass), double throttle return springs, long pants, lug nuts, and no hub caps. It's different for faster cars, and maybe for roadsters, but basically easy to pass.

The track definitely noticed how many cars we brought in, both for the show and to race. They were asking us about next year before the show was over. The success of this show may help with next year and give us a little more control over what happens.

Thanks to everyone who came out, and thanks to Jester, HotRodChassis, and Dynamic88 of the Chrome Czars for doing the organizing and planning of the show.

5. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This was a great time. I'm really glad that I went, the last time that I went to the drags was 37 year ago. The announcers were obviously very excited about the cars, but thats the way it was as I remember it back then. This was a great display of classic drag-racing iron.

I brought the 37 Ford and got it through Tech with no issue. But the clutch has got a bit of slip on a hard launch, and I was worried about damaging it and the flywheel -- then getting to hitch-hike back home. I'll go again after replacing the clutch, and trailer the car there to be able to run it hard without fearing broken parts.

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

yes, and I say that with reservation. Not only are a portion of the MWG arrogant a-holes, but they are also rude and obnoxious. Hell, they won't even acknowledge my presence. Perhaps it is because I bring true gassers, not prostreet or bracket cars?

At the same time, the concept of the group is good and most of the guys are fun to hang with.

As a member of the MWG, please accept my apology. Oh, by the way, I bet I can guess which guys it was...red Corvette would be one, how about the bald guy with the cigar and golf cart...yup, Dom Blasco, track owner himself. As poor Wingnutz about his encounter. Damn ratrods.

I brought FOUR cars myself, would have loved to run with the HCHU group, but felt that would be taking track time away, since I was running with the MWG group anyways.

I even had a HAMB friendly banner printed up for the occasion.

I had hoped to park with INLAW MODEL A and his little Topolino, but there wasn't room. Glad to see the pic of him with the wheels up.

Attached Files:

7. So if i had finished my seat belts i could have run? Only got a windshield, no side glass....it if's only seat belts, then i'm just dumb....and couldn't find one piece to finish them...now i feel dumb, but there's always next year!

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

bobwop, I walked over when you guys were loading up, but I didn't realize that was you. Bad ass cars. Probably for the best, as I decided I better high tail it back to the tents and strike camp before the storm hit!

What was Wingnutz issue?

9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

wish you would have introduced yourself. I wanted to compliment you on the tee-shirt design. Marcy said it was your artwork.

Dom referred to Mark's roadster as a "ratrod". Good for a chuckle, but sad to know that one of the owner's of Da Grove detests hotrodders. And that is a FACT. From my view, our money spends just like every other dollar out there. But then Dom is the same guy that doesn't even say hello to the racers, let alone thank us for putting on a show. And some of the racers are foolish enough to bring FOUR cars. That was no easy task from 80 miles away. Long walk home to fetch the next one...

10. So you guys heard that InlawmodelA broke his rear end at Symco Thursday night, fixed it Friday at the show and made it to the drags on Sunday. Give Paul a round of applause!!

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

damn straight!!!

Symco sounds like a great time. I had to start driving cars to Da Grove on Friday, then walk home, fetch another...

sorry I couldn't attend

12. Jim-Bob

Jim-Bob

Czars (Jester!) it was an AWESOME event. I think part of the reason there were so few in the stands (besides the heat) was that everybody was down checking out all the cars! Next year I should have the BelAir done and racing. It should be reaaaaaaallllly interesting!

13. Last year they were really enforcing the rules for "Roadster Class" per the NHRA but the tech guy let me get in a couple runs under the radar... but I was running too fast and I was asked to "Leave the track" until it conformed to NHRA safety specs!

Forward to yesterday... I was met at the show entrance and was told to where to park my ratrod... and I told him it wasn't a "ratrod" and he asked... "Is it a Chevy?" (because the preferred parking was reserved for "Super Chevy" show!) and I said no... but it's not a "ratrod" either...!

I wasn't sure if he was just treating me that way or if he was treating everybody with a "Hot Rod" that way... anyway... I parked my car where he told me to park and nothing more was said!

Other than that... I had a great time... watching the races... eating good food... BSing and listening to great music!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  14. I was there and enjoyed myself for sure. Next year I'll be talking this one up as soon as plans are finalized. Nothing more effective than satisfied customers telling all their friends about an event. I'm thinking the next event will double in size and participation. It's too bad that we only get 3 months of Summer to cram all these events in....See you at Cheaterama......Centurion9

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Thanks! I was at the booth 90% of the day selling the shirts, and that was my only time to walk around. We got packed up just in time though before the rain hit. Maybe next time.

That rules! It was a big hit for sure. I love the photo that Jester took of him pulling the front wheels.

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

Plans are already underway for next year!

BopWop, I'm glad you came out. InlawModelA is also a MWG. Obviously they're not all jerks! You guys are alright!

I don't know who Dom is, but Marcel introduced himself as the track owner was thrilled that we were there and running, so he obviously likes hot rods. I think a lot of people don't know what rat rods/traditional cars are. I watched HotRodChassis educate someone at the risk of losing a customer. They meant "traditional" but said "rat". He understood after that. :D

I forgot to mention that after I left the track I remembered that I needed to pull something out of the trunk. I pulled over at the I-94 ramp and got out. Some tool in a Model A(?) chopped sedan in heavy patina and WI plates blew past me. Whatever happened to stopping to help fellow rodders on the side of the road? He didn't even slow down to see if I needed help, in fact, I think he revved it up as he went by. Luckily I didn't need help (this time).

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

uhh... don't quote me! I know you can't have cracked glass, but I'm not sure if side glass is required. We'll have a simplified list of requirements listed for next year.

18. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I've never been there, but I heard that the Byron was also willing to be a venue for a similar activity and that they might not be as strict... but James or Ryan or someone else would probably know much more details.

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

The NHRA rules aren't that complicated or demanding for traditional hot rod speeds... and is your own safety really unimportant?

20. cool....the truck should be alittle cooler anyway by then (hilborn...maybe)

Hugh thanks to you guys for getting this rolling and doing everything....looking forward to next year....

P.S. Mark's got a RAT ROD!!!!! hahaha

21. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

It would be great to run at Byron. I hope somebody works on that idea.

22. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Bob & Hellfish,

I know of 3 MWG that are cool, Bob, Paul and one runs a blue 53's chevy gasser.
    The rest really want to make it clear that they are superior. I go down there with a group of friends I have known for 15-20 years, we go to have fun....we don't take it all that serious, we build our own cars, (build not pay to have built) and work TOGETHER to help each other out. AJ, Steve, Chris, Jeff, Nick, Ryan, Paul, to name a few....
    For those that don't know me, I have been playing around with small cubic inch engines my whole life, after high school I ran a 55 with a 283 that was in the high 12's no bottle.
    283, 292, 301, and the gigantic 327 are what I run. I had a MWG who purchased his shop built or Summit built engine come up and tell me the 301... I built in my garage... myself..... had to be a much larger cubic inch engine because he just didn't understand how I could make it go like that. Really quite a compliment that in his mind cubic inches = fast car...LOL. Guess I shouldn't tell him about the 9,000 rpm shifts last weekend to make it do that.
    ( thanks Dad, and Mike Marinoff for all the building/blueprinting tips)
    Maybe he should do a little Drag Racing History research...there was a guy named Grumpy Bill jenkins that was running low 11's with a 327 and beating 426 hemi's because he knew what he was doing.....lets just say I was slightly offended since I do all my own work, tuning etc and he acts like that. This guy does not even know me. I have more hours in building that car/engine with my own 2 hands than he could ever possibly understand......

Sorry saw a few people venting and I was still kind of pissed. I would rather see real guys wrenching on their own shit who are cool any day. Attitude problem...your not kidding.

Bob - I know we talked about this...but maybe it is time to do our own Club...of real gassers...I can think of about 10 people who would join...and the cars are actually correct, not pro-streeters. LOL

Why do you think we all normally park together...the real guys...with the real cars with no attitude problems.

K&S

23. Thanks for putting on this event guys. I had a blast,and am already looking foward to going next year. Next time I will be running on slicks instead of street tires. I just couldnt get those things to bite on the launch.

24. I was an easy fix at least. I had a blast making this run. Thanks to hellfish for the awesome picture. My wife has a movie of it, but no stills. I agree about the MWG's. I like Bobwop, Bob Lehor and the Chevnation? blue 53? Chevy guy. He was at Symco looking at my rearend:eek:

I wish there was a closer track that appreciates me driving 4 hours with the wife and kids to make 2 passes and have people pissed because I am sitting in the way waiting to push start my car (thanks AJ)
    We left as the rain started and I could not keep the mootrhome on the road it was so windy. We made it back ok though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  25. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Paul -exactly what I am talking about. Well...I appreciated the runs...I only saw one...but loved it.
    Did you get the PM about the fiat from me? Not sure if it went through.
    E

26. I didn't have a car there but had fun as a spectator.
    The anouncers were kinda goofy about the RatRod thing, I gave up correcting people last year.

Definatley will have the Model A there next year.
    TZ

27. No I did not. Resend it please.

Here is what you guys missed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At least I had some tools and my dad was will to drive down some spare parts even though Cliffy offer his Golf to use.

28. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Your right....Bob is a good guy, and there may be more...but some definately go out of their way to act like they do.

29. gotmark73

gotmark73

My limited experience with MWG (2 different events) is that many are washed up car thiefs or friends of choppers and all need to act like hard asses.

30. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Wingnutz car is a rat rod? Not in my book. I really dig it.