Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Symco shakedown car show pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carguy365-24-7, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Yes it rained most of the day but it didn't dampen the spirit of the show.A good time was had by all.I'll be going back tommorow and take more pictures...PAUL

Attached Files:

2. Squablow

Squablow

I'll be there tomorrow, I think most people are planning on coming tomorrow, especially due to the rains today. My '55 doesn't have any wipers, so I hope the rains hold off. It's going to be a great show.

3. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

more...

Attached Files:

4. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

and yet more...

Attached Files:

5. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

and last ones...Squablow having wipers would have been a good thing today.....We'll see ya tomorrow.PAUL

Attached Files:

6. can't wait till tomorrow. hope the weather is better....pissed i missed today....expecially since i drove through Iola....

7. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

has anybody got cliffy calmed down yet?

8. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

That wagon is awesome.

9. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Pics from day 2
    What a great day! The bands were great,the cars were outstanding and the minibike drags were wild!!
    Can't wait till next year!

Attached Files:

10. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

more

Attached Files:

11. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Everybody elses turn to post pics from Symco!!

Attached Files:

12. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

so how was the weather today up there??

It was raining like a MF here until 2PM and being 2+ h away and w/o wipers, the ride would have been tough...

13. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Engine-ear, it rained untill I got there at 9 or so ,then it cleared up and the sun came out and turned out to be a really nice day untill 6 then more thunderstorms....PAUL

14. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Poor Plymouth coupe....:D

Orange '55=NOICE!

15. krooser

krooser

You missed a great show because of no Rain-X?

16. Ooooohhhh... that green Plymouth custom is Dead Sexy! I want my girl to come out looking that tight!

17. tough but not impossible, left milwaukee area around 1, with just a dribble on the windshield

18. It was a great two days for sure!!! Krooser and Cliffy really did a great job putting it all together. A great combination of things to do and so much fun to be had!!!:cool: Lots of HAMBers to meet too! Can't wait until next year!!!!:D

Max

19. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Cool. Thanks for posting those.

20. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

My chops deserve to busted on this one...I wanted to be a vendor and show co-sponsor with the RediRad but the calendar got away from me (with help from the unending "honey do..." list).

21. Yummy

Yummy

Here's a few

Attached Files:

22. Yummy

Yummy

More

Attached Files:

23. Yummy

Yummy

Just a few more

Attached Files:

24. You guys ROCK!!! Thanks for coming, HUGE thanks to everyone who helped us out. There was absolutely no way that we could have pulled it off without you. I am just checking in...gotta make one more trip back up there...then I can post some vids.
    They told me last night that they went through more PBR than they EVER had at any of their shows...they had 6700 people at their show this year.

25. snelson57

snelson57

Spent a few hours there on Saturday. Nice job for the first meet!

Looking forward to coming next year - hopefully with a running car.

Thanks Cliffy and Krooser!

26. Hats off to Cliffy and Kroozer, what a great show!!!!
    Had a blast, can't wait till the next one.

27. loved it! cann't wait for next year!!!

28. flatjack

flatjack

Man I think you guys hit a home run. Everybody I talked to was already thinking about next year. Hope you don't run out of room.

29. Fiddy and Gerg said they saw Dennis Gage park and come in on Sat. Is that true??????????? Anyone else see him? I'm going to kick your behinds if your pulling my chain!

30. krooser

krooser

We are SOOOOOO glad you guys had a good time.

When we were pitching this show to all of our fellow HAMB'ers and hot rodders we got lots of blank stares when we told you guys how neat the Thresherman's grounds were. Well NOW YOU KNOW!

But our efforts pale in comparison to those of the Union Thresherman's Club and joints the owner Larry Werth. This place is Larry's personal collection of Americana... 40 years worth of collecting. He's just an average guy who liked to save stuff from the junk pile and landfill and put it to good use.

All we did is act as an agent between the UTC and you guys. We were happy to oblige.

Cliffy and I agree that the rain actually SAVED our asses. If we had good weather we would have been overwhelmed. We needed more volunteers everywhere... but guys like Mike's sweetie Sarah, my bride Karen, Louverdude, Fiddy Four, Mrs. Fiddy and MANY others worked long hours to make up for the too small volunteer pool. We aren't complaining by any means... just saying that we may have had well over 300 cars and, perhaps, another 3,000 spectaors. And THAT we would have struggled to handle.

What matters is we have enough $$$ to pay the bills and lay the groundwork for next years show. Our hosts, the UTC, were amazed that after the show there was very little clean-up to do. Almost no garbage lying around... more beer cans than anything!:p

And you guys drank a new record amount of Pabst... congratulations!

The locals in attendance ( and there were many) had never seen anything like this before. Never seen a REAL hot rod before. had no idea guys were still building cool customs. And they certainly never heard music like that played by The Twistin Tarantulas, Roger and the Wraybands or KNUCKEL DRAGER!!!!

They were simply amazed at the cars, the sights and the sounds! And they can't wait for next year...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009