Register now to get rid of these ads!

Upholstery Jobs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Duece's wild, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Duece's wild

Duece's wild

I would like to see some pictures of upholstery shots. So how bout sharing yours. Thanks :D

2. millersgarage

millersgarage

Mine
    this was the only thing I did not do myself, on my car

Attached Files:

3. Duece's wild

Duece's wild

Wow. thanks, your probably the guy to ask. What do you think of armrest in a 32 highboy? I was thinking if I had them in mine it would give me something to pull the door shut, to eliminate grabbing the top of the door that would leave fingerprints and possibly scratch the paint over time.

4. Here are some pics of my 50, just done a couple of months ago.

Attached Files:

5. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

Wow!

Attached Files:

6. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

7. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

I lika a lota!! How about the rest? Headliner ect..

8. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

9. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

ts3x65mph- those interiors are just sweet! some of those Sid Chavers?

10. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

in the late 70's early 80's Gene Winfield(and many many other guys) hung 49-50 merc's on 1978+/- pont, olds, and buick frames along with the floor boards. i assume there wasnt alot of replacement parts made for the merc's at the time, which made this a somewhat popular swap for the times....there are some guys still doing it this way. one guy on here(lefturn or leftturn is the name of 1 guy here on the hamb, but he never completes the cars interior).

my car was done like this. mine was not, however, built by Mr Winfield. mine was built by a guy named bobby in the Franklin North Carolina area. anyone know how to reach him? OT(sorry)

but pics of the interior, and exterior for that matter, are very hard to come by when it come cars built this way, most of the pics have been burnt up in one of the southern cali brush fires i guess?? anyway i could use any pictures of both inside and outside.

so pictures and or seats out of what? which make/manufacturer would fit in between the channels? thanks for any ideas/input/pictures!! i dont want to buy the wrong seats. im poor so i have to do this once. not 5 different times!!

thanks in advance!!
    Chris

11. budd

budd

thinking ahead on some model-a projects i have been watching craigslist for used leather sofas, some are free if they have a couple tears in them.

12. glmke

glmke

Here is my 50'
    1950 hotrod 010.jpg

1950 hotrod 009.jpg

13. I personally haven't found an issue with fingers prints on the doors (come on!), but after an hour+ into a long drive I find myself wishing there was something to hang my forearm on, other than the door top.

14. Duece's wild

Duece's wild

Its black, and its not me I'm worried about. Its the passenger side' You know what I mean Vern?

15. Duece's wild

Duece's wild

I got my seat out of a Dodge mini van. then cut and weld to fit.

16. Duece's wild

Duece's wild

X38, Your 32 is awesome! Is it finished? I would like to see it. My 32 body is from Australia. It very good quality thick fiberglass with steel reinforced inner cage. Except the steering wheel is on the correct side. (that was a joke). What engine did you put in it?

17. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Nice pics from everyone, I got a couple of ideas for the caddy!

18. Mine's in my avatar so apart from the scallops, it's pretty dark too! Ahh...control your passengers.

Mine has been on the road more than 10 years, interior is leather. If you've been looking at the roadster in my profile album, it's a customer car which the trimmer is coming to look at tomorrow, paint is in process now. It's SBC powered, mine is SBF.

Good luck with it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  19. Duece's wild

Duece's wild

Thanks for sharing, I have 2 questions if you don't mind. Yesterday I installed the same 36 taillights, and mine don't lay flush with the body. Is that normal? And I'm finishing the exhaust this week. I was going to have the pipes end just after the rearend. Yours end at the end of the chassis. Is that for a quieter ride? Whats the advantage of doing it that way? Thanks Phil

20. Mine are 38/9 tails and yes they mount on a flat surface in their original home but that part of a Deuce is curved. I massage the surface a little rather than stress the light and just wrench it down.

Re. the exhaust well, A. it's traditional, B. it's neat and C. all the crap exits at the very end of the car and away, not under it. Bit more time, bit more effort but I think it's worth doing - and parallel with the horns too.

21. Duece's wild

Duece's wild

Thanks! Whoops 36 taillights are very different. I'm going to the sander now! Also I agree with you on the exhaust. Do you have a name? Or do your friends call you X38? Phil

22. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

I really love this thread cause I have to custom build my dash on my 57 and there are some mighty fine dash boards here for ideas .thanx

23. hupster

hupster
    from california

Here are a few shots from my Hupmobile. The upholstery was done by my friend (and master trimmer) Dave Putnam. He's the younger, better looking one in the black shirt.

Attached Files:

24. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

doing interior of my 55 Cadillac myself.
    going pretty conservative on the doorpanels. (attached pics)
    but then going nutz on the seats with hand carved leather, inlays of maltese crosses, tattoos etc.
    Will be the most original interior in a long time.

www.LeatherByTed.com

Attached Files:

25. bob myers

bob myers

Here are a couple of shots of my Willys.

Attached Files:

26. fraktv

fraktv

My 50 cadi with 53 dash

Attached Files:

27. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

A few of my roadster

Attached Files:

28. Here's mine, I did it myself. Dean

Attached Files:

29. My 32 upholstery, completed this year.
    HemiDeuce.

Attached Files: