Register now to get rid of these ads!

4-way flasher Roberk - wiring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnnyolds98, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Johnnyolds98

Johnnyolds98

Hi folks,

Anyone here who can help me out with an instruction or a diagram how to hook up a Roberk modell 800 4-way flasher?

Can't find any information on the internet... :(

Thanks and regards,
    J

2. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Give us an idea of how many wires and their colors come from the flasher unit. Any of them have inline fuse holder?

3. Johnnyolds98

Johnnyolds98

No cable with a fuse to spot. There's just 4 blue wires coming out - that I believe will be connected to the turn signals.
    Someone told me there such at least be 5 (with the neg. ground via the casing) or 6 ... will disemble that thing and check if there's a cable missing ...:(

4. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Don't know if it's any help but this is a wiring diagram as it applies to a Ford/ Mercury conversion.

5. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

If you cannot find any more wires, then I believe the thing is wired as such:

Wire #1 to fused battery
    Wire #2 to brake light switch (side going to directional switch, not the 12V feed)
    Wire #3 to front right directional
    Wire #4 to front left directional

My guess is that it has it's own flasher unit inside, and that the switch is configured as a sp3t. This means it will connect the internal flasher to wires 2,3 and 4 when actuated.

All wires being blue will be a fun job trying to find out what works, you may have to do this by trial and error. Try running one wire to battery and ground the unit, then actuate and see if the light comes on and the flasher operates. If so you found the battery wire. Do this till you find the battery wire. The others can be hooked up per list above.

One other thing: This unit probably requires that the directional switch be in the OFF position and not in the L or R positions. If in those positions, the 4 way will probably back feed into the other flasher unit and not flash any of the lights.

6. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

I believe you are correct ..mine has 4 blue wires ...1 red [ hot going to a built in fuse ] and the 3 prong flasher plugs into the back and grounded by the body mount..
    Oldog

7. mahto

mahto
    from west 13

i have Emergency Flasher Switch - Roberk Co. Model 800 but can't find fuse do you know number thanks

8. 54vicky

54vicky

I would think after 10 years the poor bastard either gave up or sold it and moved on