Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage Imagery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Remember...righty tighty, lefty loosey. Have fun, kiddo. :D

3. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

get up before the sun comes up,and go out to the salt.watching the sun come up at bonneville is one of the best sites.

-danny

4. Hot Rodding at it's core. I wanna make it there too, in the not too distant future.
    Take sunscreen and a hat young feller. Oughta be a blast.

Oh yeah, Watch "Worlds Fastest Indian". Good Salt Flats movie towards the end.

5. NoSurf

NoSurf

What's the big deal?

hahaha!!!

my tiny little brain cannot grasp that something I have dreamt about for so long will become a reality in 2 days time.

6. Great images Ryan, thanks for the link.

7. daddio211

daddio211

Ryan, DON'T wear shorts on the salt. Make sure when you put sunscreen on, that you put it places you don't normally think of, like under your chin, under your ears, under your arms. The sun reflects UP from the salt and burns all kinds of places you haven't had sun on in years.

Hence, the 'no shorts' rule. Trust me, your boys will thank you.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  8. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I have seen the light. B-ville truly is like heaven. See you there.

9. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Thanks for the pics.

10. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

The salt gets in your blood, it's a wonderful disease. I have only been 3 times, but they have all been in a row and I plan to continue that streak without break. I can't get enough of it and don't worry Ryan, you still get that excited every time before you leave...well at least I do.

11. banjorear

banjorear

I think there was a post a day or two ago, but it is certainly on my bucket list.

12. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

I wish I was going with you! I have never been and can't seem to get any of my friends off there ass to go. Can't wait to see pictures!

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am as excited as I have ever been. I not exactly sure what I am going to do as far as a tent or chairs in case my dogs start barking but I am sure I'll figure that out when we get there. I also need to find a hat. I'll probably go to the mexican corner store down town and see if they are selling a sombrero.

Hope to make the rounds and see all you guys there.

14. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

It's worth the anticipation...every minute of it.

15. You will LOVE IT!!! This is our 2nd year helping out our friend Steve (VanBlarcom & Gilmore #1946) Stop by and say "Hi" at the Ct. Street Rod Tent! There is a lot to do at night also...the car show at the Nugget, the Inliner's BBQ, The "Bend in the Road" BBQ. You can also stand on the state line and have one foot in Utah and the other foot in Nevada!! Ha Ha!!!

16. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Man I am so jealous I need a team to let me hide in there luggage in exchange for free pictures of there trip lol

17. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Hell yeah -- see you guys there!! I agree with being at the staring line when the sun comes up. It is unreal!
    You can wear shorts, just make sure you were something underneath them that'll hide the 'boys' :) (boxer briefs!)

Ok, back to work! I have a bunch to do before hitting the road - can't wait!

Malcolm

18. HotWare

HotWare

DO NOT MISS A SUNRISE ON THE SALT!!! I choose one morning every year to be out on the salt when the sun comes up....VERY COOL. Some shots from last year...

Attached Files:

19. justanotherguy

justanotherguy

try it once, you'll try it again....:D

(seriously, this will mess you up forever!)

20. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

ryan - had the chance to go in 2007, driving cross country in hot rods, from penna. with scary larry, fatabone, hotrod photos, motor mikey, plowboy, inkorekt, and others, greatest trip ever, worked with the 608 AA/GL, and 1986 E/STR, when we got there - can't wait to go again - scary larry on his way back now with the 1986 in tow - think spike said it best "if hot rodding is religon, this is the church!" - have a great trip!

21. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Good stuff Ryan-- I'll see you out there!!

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

23. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

I'm stoked beyond belief!! First time to Bonneville, leaving in the morning... I can't wait. Hopefully next year I will be in my Hot Rod.

See ya'll there.

24. It's breathtaking and something I will never forget. Hopefully we'll make it out again some year. :cool:

[​IMG]

25. RDO_23

RDO_23

Ryan, be stoked - be very stoked!

I went in 2006, and can't wait to get back. Here is a slight run down of how I planned my week of cars vacation:

Bonneville for two days, you must stay at the Nugget.
    Short flight over to San Jose for lunch with Dad, then drive down 17/through Santa Cruz on the way over to Monterey for three days of auto overload.
    I viewed the Tour d'Elegance, and then drove in the RM Auctions.
    On Saturday before working at RM again, I snuck onto the grounds to see the Blackhawk collection, and the staging grounds for Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.

While I know I will never be in this league of car ownership, it was damn fun to check out some of these incredible machines first hand. a ton of which I had never even heard of before. While there is a lot of attitude at Pebble, there is also a ton to be soaked up.

OH yeah, the rental car companies do NOT like it when they get there car back and the underside is caked in salt.

And the comment about the sun reflecting up the pant legs - its true.

Enjoy Ryan, we hope to see numerous pictures posted on the HAMB.
    Bob

26. aka: "Dry Roasted Nuts":eek:

27. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

No place like it in the world........speedweek or not...........I'll be back, wish it was this week. Say hey to Team Jard out there.

Attached Files:

28. bruce brady

bruce brady

leaving Midland -Odessa this Sat-- went last year- its a blast --take a Large Hat-lots of water-- see ya at the Peppermill parking lot show

29. woodbox

woodbox

Its on my list too Ryan, only trouble is its a bit further to travel from here and I have to finish the car first.

Have fun and don't be too slow posting photos on the board for those of us that have to do it vicariously from home/work!

30. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Loading the truck now in fact. We'll be on the road before first light in the morning.

Everyone drive safe.