Register now to get rid of these ads!

RPU project:Nothin to Somethin PIC HEAVY!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evilone0528, Jul 31, 2009.

1. evilone0528

evilone0528

Thanks again for the kind words guys.

I figured the warp would come out of the rear piece when I got the inner frame put together,so that's what I started on next.Not all that hard to do,just straight tubing.Here's some pics.

Attached Files:

2. evilone0528

evilone0528

That's all the pics I have right now.That pretty much catches you guys up to my progress.I have done a little over the weekend,but I'm not gonna post any progress until I have enough to look like I have done something.......haha.

P.S. That should be this afternoon or tomorrow.I'm gonna set a goal for myself to have the cab setting in the floor with all the metal work done by the end of next week.Then I will start on the bed.It should be a breeze.

3. It hits me right between the eyes.

4. Are you making the doors any longer than stock?

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Inspiring.

6. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

This a great thread. Thanks for posting and keeping us up to date. Great work. Your metal working skills are pretty damn good in my opinion. I will be following this closely.

7. evilone0528

evilone0528

I dont know how long a stock door is,I think its 22 inches.I have plans to build 24 inch doors for this project.I also stretched the cab sides to 15 inches,but again I don't know what stock is.

EVIL

8. evilone0528

evilone0528

I have actualy kicked the ides around of building a few to sell,or even selling a kit or something.So this is kinda the prototype.We shall see how it goes..........haha

EVIL

9. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Sounds great. I might be a potential customer. I have a RPU and the sides and back need to be redone. The only problem is mine is stretched a total of 4" in cab sides and is channeled. Would you be abel to accomodate some special items like that in your kit?

10. When I hacked the top off my '31 I added 6 inches to the doors. I'm 6'3", so it was completely worth it. Had to hack 6" out of the front of the bed so it still lined up with the axles, but it was still worth it.

Great build man. Looks like your packing some serious skills. I'll be watching this one!

11. evilone0528

evilone0528

I'm not totally sure how Im gonna work it yet.I need to get a real good stock RPU or at least one with good bealt lines and stock proportions to take some measurements off of so that I can have the dies made.Driving to my buddy Kens house to use his pull max is gettin old....lol.But to answere your question,it would make no difference how long or short the sides are,and I plan on channeling this body also,so I dont think that should be a problem either.

EVIL

12. evilone0528

evilone0528

Thanks for looking.Im 6'1" so I know what you mean about needing room!

13. evilone0528

evilone0528

I have made a little progress this week.Not as much as I had hoped for,but a little.Ill post the pics later this afternoon.Stay tuned........

14. Primo

Primo

Hey slacker it's later this afternoon show us your progress or get back in the shop and get to it. On a related note what do you have going on this weekend?

Matt

15. evilone0528

evilone0528

So I got a little bit done this week.Not much,but its all I could do.I plan to work most of the weekend and have the drivers door skinned.

So far I build a frame for the drivers door,cut the bottom of the gas tank out,and made the lower belt line below the doors.Check it out.

Attached Files:

16. movingviolation

movingviolation

You'r killing me with the skill level on this RPU build! I'm lov'n it and inspired every time i look at the pictures

17. evilone0528

evilone0528

OK yall,I have no pics to add yet,but here is a quick up date.

I STARTED OVER!!!!! HAHAHA

I decided to re make all the parts.They just didnt suit me.So I have been tooling up so I can make every thing in house,and hopefully have a better end product.Im also making the new parts out of 18 ga instead of 20 ga.Stay tuned,I should have some stuff to show this weekend!

EVIL

18. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Can I have the old ones your not happy with, I would be very happy with them.

Nice work.

19. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

20. evilone0528

evilone0528

I just started back on the RPU project and making tons of progress!I will post a few pics later in the week.

EVIL

21. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Great.

22. Primo

Primo

Bout time ya layabout!

23. youreviltwin

youreviltwin
    from fl

24. is there more of this RPU build