Register now to get rid of these ads!

midnight mass 09 what did u think

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flyin flattie, Jul 26, 2009.

1. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

We knew that some lowriders and bombs might be coming to our show. It is a fine line between them and some of the custom cars of the same year and that were in the show already. Of the few that had contacted us ahead of time, we stressed that there would be no straight laced, powder coated or gold spoke wheels allowed.

But that was just a big hot dusty parking lot. We try to make it better for everyone each year.

Thanks Wiz for bringing out the dragster. Talk about ground pounding, you could hear it on the other side of the parking lot. Thanks also for your continued support of our show. Your right, it has grown into a monster and it's like a second job for 6 months out of the year.

It was great to finallymeet you after all the online chatter. We thought you'd like the new location after last years sun and dust.

Well Eddie looks like you got a perfect record going, two shows two awards. Thanks for coming and being a friend of the Poor Boys.

Thanks Tony, well said.

These guys are amazing, not only did they bust their ass to get their cars done for the show, but also fit in time to make their own club trophy and do some judging for us. Thanks guys for showing up and helping out. Wish I could have sat down and BS'd with you a little bit, but just wasn't in the cards.

I wish i knew you were at the show, I would have liked to talk to you for a little bit.

2. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Jerk face? You are so polite. It was funny cause that happen when you were near my car so I just told someone what had happen and I saw you sneaking out, lights off, car gone. Very cool.

Too polite again. With what she was wearing, I'm sure you didn't want to be wiping off her cheek marks off your car. I'm not sure why they would think a finished car is fine to sit on.

Also, congrat if you recieved the 2 awards.

Brian

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  3. This was an A+ event if you ask me - I haven't been to this particular show before but I have worked at Sears Point (Infineon if you are under ten years old) for 11 seasons.

This Poor Boys Event was run just as cleanly as the events here. Probably a bit smoother than Hot August Nights last time I was there ....

Cal Expo has expenses $10 to park your $$$ hot rod (or my $26,000 Rav4) helps keeps hands off. The $3 entry with weapon wanding cops laughing and crowd smiles in 100 degree heat was a great way to filter out punks... ever been to a free show?
    Star Wars Bar comes to mind.

I am biased my brother had a car there - but then I didn't have to go and I am glad I did.

Sorry the thread starter couldn't park - perhaps the larger demand will create a bigger event. I, too, appreciated the shade, appreciated the band and the vendor pavilion.

Nice job on neat cars of all sorts - great tats and pretty girls...good times.

4. Hunter Bender

Hunter Bender

i thought the show was great...good times, friends, cars, bands, beers. all for 10 bucks per carload? who would complain about that? not me...good job boy's. it gets better every year! and thanks for the best flake trophy. we really had a good time. i'm sure there were plenty of people that got turned away that would of gladly switched places with all of you that are bitching about the organization and parking.....keep that in mind next time...thank's for the good time poor boy's!

hunter

5. JUSTJAY

JUSTJAY
    from LEFT COAST

Thank'S hommie, i would love to some day just get to go to mass and hang out. Now i realy feel like a dick for bitching about billetproof changing over the years.

6. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Well Eddie looks like you got a perfect record going, two shows two awards. Thanks for coming and being a friend of the Poor Boys.

well actually this was my third year, I didn't get a trophy the first year...... Oh well,

I never expect to win anything at any shows but a midnight mass trophy is definitely cool!

Next year I'll make another one, just don't let me forget when the show is again. I ran out of time this year.

7. Chopperman

Chopperman

good times even though someone puked a massive pile next to my ride ride and some stole pochops gas cap WTF?

Thanks P-boys, you guys looked like you were working your arses off. I felt kinda bad just sitting in my chair drinking beer watchin ya all direct traffic...

8. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

thank you for all the hard work it took to put on this show, it was my first one and man what a blast! I'm kinda bummed i didn't get to meet more of you guys, and hambers, but it was pretty much OVERLOAD on everything, cars, beers, women, you name it! Awesome time, i can't wait till the next one already, now i'm really stoked for billetproof!!!!!

9. braineater

braineater
    from sacramento

every year there is something to bitch about..we had no control over cal expo cutting it off so no more cars come in..ok so we move back to the parking lot. next year people will bitch there was no shade and it was better inside! sorry not everyone can be pleased. hell im waiting for the pics to pop up i only saw the cars as they came in the front gate..
    and as for the lowriders...i agree with bruce! its a fine line because a lot of styling ques are taken from that style car..so hell bring them in! we just need to get into the buildings next year.

10. Buzznut

Buzznut

I liked it inside the fairgrounds. The way I see it is if you expand the area that you use then you'll likely fill it up. I belong to the Roamin Angels car club up here in Grass Valley and there are easily 350 to 400 cars total in the club, 75 to 100 of which would easily fall into the traditional category. All you need to do if you're worried about filling a larger space is get the word out to clubs in Northern California, but honestly I don't think you'd have a hard time parking 800 to 1000 cars which should pay for the extra expense Cal Expo would charge for more room. Now, do you WANT to go that big? Logistically it can be a nightmare. My father and I started the Roamin ANgels car show that takes place in September at the Nevada County Fairgrounds 10 years ago and had only 130 cars...last year there were around 860 cars and the dynamic has changed. Bigger isn't always better, but we use the funds to donate to the high school auto shop program, we give a couple scholarships to students for Auto Tech college, we feed the homeless and we give to children's organizations, so having the funds to help as many people as possible is a plus.

Regardless of wether you change it or not in the future, I think you guys did a great job!

11. I have a suggestion for the pinup contest. Aside from being gorgeous, they should have to have a talent to make them earn the crowd's vote. As it is, they get up there and they all say pretty much the same thing. "Hi my name is so and so, I am 20, and from blahbitty blah. Vote for me because I love all of you!" Ahh horseshit, I'd like to see them, I don't know, slam a beer in 3 seconds and crush it on their head, or eat a banana blind folded, or even twril a damn baton... anything! Just have them do something. Just my 2 cents.

12. gorilla

gorilla
    from Idaho

I was going to disagree with you on the talent thing because I was fearing a miss america type pinup thing... but then I saw the genius in your complete statement.... nothing better than seeing a hot woman slam a beer and then try to twirl a baton or something... as long as I don't have to suffer through the horrors of the VLV pinup action , I am down with your idea for sure.

13. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

The venue was good - Having some shade was pretty damn nice.
    Thanks Poor Boys for all the work to put it together.
    I'm sure it is hard staying on top of all the changes each year and trying to anticipate the issues when it keeps growing so fast.

14. HAHA, yeah I think by now I have tapped into the hotrodder male mind. When figuring out what we want for The Bombshells Booze Broads and Hotrods we considered a pinup contest but I shot it down. I would rather pay burlesque girls to come, dance, and get naked. Just my opinion. This past April there was a gal "Bunny Pistol" who stripped down to pasties w/ tassles on her boobs and her ass cheeks (yes, pasties w/ tassles on her ASS CHEEKS!) and could spin them all in perfect synchronization. Now that's some serious talent.

Attached Files:

15. gorilla

gorilla
    from Idaho

beyond talent! I knew i should've came out to that show... curses....
    well now you just have to top it next year...

16. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

I agree 100%.
    " I LOVE HOT RODS" is all we heard. Well I have a Kustom so screw you!:mad:

They should pick talent from a hat with suggestions from the show car attendes......... and then censored by Poor Boys.

B

17. LOL that would be awesome!!!! Make them change a tire or something!!!! I would f'n die laughing.

18. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

Holy shit!! That would be so funny. I'd go to the show just to see that alone!! These are great ideas!!

19. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

But yeah, it would have to be random talents and they would have to draw from a hat. No practicing allowed!!

20. absofreakinlootley! Hell I would even donate my time to oraginze it if the PBs wanted me to. I think it would be great!

21. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I just want to look at them and watch them wiggle.

22. braineater

braineater
    from sacramento

ok heres where i get in trouble...i think the pin up contest sucks...half the broads up there look like they were hit with a meat cleaver and think they are marylin monroe or betty page.....and arent! i think they should have to actually look good....and dont talk!! as a dude..i dont care. if they were to do something funny...ehh whatever theyd just look like fools..then thier boyfriends would be on the hamb talkin shit

23. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

This was by far the best one yet. I feel lucky that there is a show of this caliber so close to home. I actually got a club pick which was unexpected and very much appreciated. My hats off to the Poor Boys for taking on the monster that this has become. And as far as the pin up's go...good from far but far from good. One of them had a 54 Chevy hardtop tattoo and I commented on it and she told me it was her boyfriends custom Merc. What can you say to that? Shoulda let the little girl win instead of giving her an honorable mention. Cant wait for next year.

24. Rexmortis

Rexmortis

Personally my pin up girl is hot without the 3 tons of makeup that goes along with girls I saw at the show...not my style...and she had control of the camera throughout the show so I only got pics of the cars!

25. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Thanks for all the good feedback on the show. It has become a monster and a big one to boot. I didn't see much of anything except from a passing glance as i walked to another fire to put out. I'm still nursing blisters on my feet.

Looks as though the pinup contest was a hit. ;)

BadLuckBetty13...Maybe we should talk about next years contest, since you volunteered. I'm open to suggestions to liven it up.

26. sinwagon

sinwagon
    from Sacramento

Sounds like all you guys that are complaining should get together and put together a "better" car show. Mass was fun, if you got there ON TIME. There were people trying to get in at 11:00! gIVE THE Poor Boys their due props. The show is getting bigger and bigger. Crying about paying $10 to show??? I've got a box of tissues for free...

27. absolutely! Pm me your number when you are ready to talk. You guys are probably are pretty tired and want to relax for a while before thinking about next year. But, I'm ready when you are.

28. braineater

braineater
    from sacramento

thank you dan.. after every show people bitch...but still go. so....i guess its getting done right!

29. Outlaw dodge

Outlaw dodge
    BANNED

To many girls in the contest. And time restrictions.To do much more then have them say there name and something they like. and let guys yell as we try to sort it out

and this is what a pin-up contest is about at a car show

We will not be judging on:
    ~Outfit~
    ~Appearance~
    ~Personality~
    ~Over all~
    Sorry this is not a beauty pageant!!!!!

This contest is for the girls involved to have fun, get some attention, win some prizes and money, and to draw attention to them selfs for other modeling opportunities that might come from it. And yes every pin-up contest is a kind of popularity contest. That is just the way life is in this type of event. Of course people will yell for their friends , if none of them are their friend they will yell for the one they like, or a girl that was a flirt with them. Just like if Pamela Anderson got on stage and a girl that was truly hooter then her. Pamela's is going to win she has a bigger name, She is already is almost every mans fantasy and she knows how to work a crowd. It has been stated pin-up contest "they have become a cheap form of entertainment like midget wrestling". I think people that are newer to this industry are losing the whole point of what this was/is all about. It is a Hot Rod show, the pin-up contest are a added form of entertainment. Yes, pin-up modeling maybe your career or dream. But this is a HOT ROD SHOW not a runway event. This event is designed for every one to have FUN just like last year. If you not a good sport, or can;t take rejection this might not be a event for you. Not every contest does not go as planned. We at Bombshell-n-Ink try to deal with all issues as the come up and make adjustments to fix them as quick as possible.

Guys/ Gals attend this type of show for the same reasons. They don't like attending Good Guys shows/ "Boyd" type of shows because they don't like the rules, that every thing you own and drive has to be perfect, polished and "cool" to the promoters. The heart and soul of a HOD ROD show is to find/ trade ideas for your cars, to bond with friends over the smell of gasoline, oil, grease and metal. To share your dreams about the car you drove in, or show the one you just finished building. Show off the project you just got or the rust bucket your driving. Drink beer and talking with your friends about the million different ideas you have for the car. Yes, we are men we enjoy a contest. Guys /Gals want to see girls walk around and look sexy and yell about it. Then see the girl they yell for win, and go take a picture with her. To later brag to their buddies that didn't go abou

30. Outlaw dodge

Outlaw dodge
    BANNED

Trust me after all the pin-up contest in a year it would be, a great laugh to watch them box with giant boxing gloves, pie eating, pickle swallowing, axle greasing, tire changing, or the m million other ideas I have thought of .....but the beer drinking and tire changing is asking your girls to be men, next thing you will have to big man women picking up cars and changing tires with one hand in a g- string