Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Fuel Pressure Regulators pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bonez, Jul 28, 2009.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Hi there, i just went trough the "lets see all of your vintage fuel blocks and fuel rails" thread, as im on a mission to dress up my 2.0 ford banger as nicely as possible.I just got a kool Edelbrock one from a fellow hamber and was wondering if i could also find a vintage, or old, fuel pressure regulator to match the rest of the cool stuff in the engine bay.The mr. Gasket one im runnin now its not what you call kool, plus ive no idea of how a desirable one used to look, or what brand was better or which one is rare and on and on....So, please post pics of your Fuel Pressure Regulators here! PLEASEThanx in advance,bonez.

2. Terry O

Terry O

Charlie at Vintage speed has been working on an old style Edmunds, not on the market yet.
    http://www.vintagespeed.com/

Be careful of the older "dial type" (Fil-o-lator and similar) they often are too restrictive no matter where you set the dial. One of the few compromises to "period correct" I made on the Vicky build was to go with a Holley low pressure regulator placed out of sight. The old regulators were just not really reliable. Now the Malpassi's "Filter King" is a good looking filter/regulator used on a lot of Italian sports cars. It's big but has an "old timey" look to it especially if you can get the aluminum bowl. This is a very good regulator and the one I would have used if I had the room.

Terry

Attached Files:

3. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

Some nice items on their website...

4. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Wow...thats pretty slick!

5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Thanx Terry O, vintage speed has a lot of neat stuff, i might get their round air cleaners if they make'em in the right size, they would look neat, the Edmunds regulator on the other hand would be....even better really, just i wonder how much it would cost, on the low 100 bucks i'd prolly get it....i guess will have to wait and see.Anybodyelse, Fuel Regulators?
    C'mon! Anybody???

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  6. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

When did Fuel Regulators first come out ? Need to find an old one that is 1/4 inch and will flow 12 lbs