Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Books found while looking for something else...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X38, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Was rumaging around for something on a shelf at the shop the other day and found couple of little books you guys might find interesting. "Hey, where'd these come from?" "Ahh, my elder brother got them from an old bloke years ago..."

They're both Floyd Clymer publications and contain great info and pix. One has no back, the other no front cover(damn!).

The first one is from 1951 with some really good flathead tech and diagrams etc. At lot of the contents is very timely as we so often discuss 'back in the day.' Nothing at all about tatts, rockabilly or 'being a rebel.'

I don't have a scanner so the attachments are off the camera.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. I remember those. They were advertised in HOT ROD and ROD & CUSTOM. Forget what they cost but more than I had to spare.

3. This one is from 1952

Attached Files:

4. $2.00. A fair bit back them I imagine!

5. Cool book. I had a buddy lend me one from 1950 and its really interesting to read about all that had already happened then. I caught myself at times comparing the stories to some I have read recently in Traditional Rod and Kulture and the old Ck Deluxe prior to issue 13 when it went to shit under that craphouse bo huff for president and in every article bullshit. I saw the name Cochran in one story also and it made me wonder if Ryan has some relatives who had hot rods way back. The other thing that is cool is it talks about the east coast and west coast. Here ya'll go just a snippet of what the book has in it. I posted what I have read to so far. Not trying to high jack the thread Tony just expand on it. -Weeks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. flatoz

flatoz

Tony,

this is what the cover looks like. It looks a bit foggy as I didn't take it out of the plastic cover it lives in. All three were bought from the Technical book shop in Elizabeth street in Melbourne ( not by me though!)

they get an airing every now and then, I have a soft spot for books.

[​IMG]

7. Good work agent Flatoz!