Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dixie Fried 10 a decade of decadence

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8769, Jul 10, 2009.

1. greazy john

greazy john

have not been for a couple years going for sure this year hope it works out for the weekend going to drive my 53 cant wait.... best show ever

GREAZY HUBCAPZ

2. I'll grab a few bags before i come down....although i might make ya wash them down with some blatz!

3. Only if you clue me in to the proper Curd to Blatz ratio.

4. just gotta eat enough of the 'binder' so you don't have to worry about the splatz later

5. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

A handful of curds, to NO Blatz, is the proper ratio!

6. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Hey Fellers,
    I can't see the Drive-In kicking anyone out at stupid-o'clock in the morning. I'm sure you'll be able to leave at your convenience the following day.
    I think Brad54 might be working on something to do on Saturday with his swap meet and the race track there..... stay tuned. No harm in coming to Atlanta early anyway. There is plenty to do here.

PBR...... Glad you're making the trek down. Plan on trailering your truck again???? Just Kidding. My buddy is coming from Madison two weeks early in his 52 Buick to help me try to get the roadster on the road for the show, so I may be out of curds by Labor Day. He always brings me Owls Nest Bacon Cheese Spread. I could live on that stuff. Fortunately, I can get Wisconsin Baby Swiss and CoJack at The Farmers Market in the mean time. Howzabout bringing the old school 1960's recipe Schlitz I've been hearing about. Can't keep it on the shelves up there from what I understand. I cook my Johnsonville brats with Schlitz exclusively for authentic flavor. For anyone who has had the Schlitz Shitz, curds are indeed a necessary binder.

Glad you all are coming. FYI, we don't book the bands or pick the movies or set the prices or anything other than organize the car show inside the Drive-Invasion. (We do however make sure you guys get a discount coupon for entry.) People that don't live anywhere near the drive-in have apparantly been making certain "financial" decisions that are affecting the show, it isn't any of The Road Kings or the Drive-Invasion people that started this whole thing. The "Flea Market" (read: crap sale) will still be going on Saturday if that indicates anything to you about what we're dealing with here.

Were still going to have a good time and a good show. See you there. As always, stop by our tent and say Hi.

Z

7. 8769

from kennesaw

just got an email from the drive in:

This year's Labor Day Drive Invasion event will be one day instead of two. I know this is a disappointment to many, but at least the event lives on. The big day will be Sunday, September 6th. Gates open at 10:00 a.m. and camping will be allowed until noon on Monday. Not sure about cost yet, but the line up is AWESOME!

Bands
    Los Straitjackets
    Detroit Cobras
    Wanda Jackson
    Deadbolt
    Woggles
    Psychodevilles
    Soulphonics
    Go-Devils
    Gargantua
    Vendettas

Movies
    Zardoz
    The Wild Angels
    Burnt Offerings
    El Topo
    Shanty Tramp
    Frogs

coupons for pre 64 cars and their drivers at our website. See ya there!

Troy

8. BTTT....for a good time....

can't wait!

9. DrHerb - do you have prescriptive authority? My back hurts.

10. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

I was just watching The Wild Angels on my laptop this afternoon! I was hoping this might be on the list for the show. It's Peter Fonda-tastic.

11. 8769

from kennesaw

Car Show Participants enter starting at 9:00 AM Sunday.

So we let you in at 9 they don't give you the boot until noon on monday... that's 27 hours of fun!

Troy

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

That would be OK if it weren't the same weekend as the race @ ASM. I'm really not trying to be spiteful, but this kills it for me. I coulld have come in on Sat. stayed all night, left Sun. am and been OK for ASM Sun. night. I personally feel it's time to look for another venue!
    Dave

13. JBEAU

JBEAU

We will all be there ...look foward to it every year....

14. 8769

from kennesaw

Sorry dudes, we're only working with what they are giving us. I'm sorry it doesn't work for everyone but the show must go on.

The only way to prove that it's worth the investment for a two day show next year, is to have a huge turnout this year. As Zaemo said before we only host the car show. That's it, all we can do is try to get all the cool cars and their drivers to attend that we can.

T

15. I can't wait. See ya there.

16. My liver hurts just thinking about it!
    :D

17. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

the oddrods will be there.... looking foward to seeing all them cool "sockers"

18. Can't wait to force Blatz in ya to make your liver green!

19. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

The Road Kings said there would be a Blatz detector at the gate, so you will probably have to smuggle it in via one of those "Porta-Potty" trucks...........should not impair the taste or aroma any........................

20. 8769

from kennesaw

I heard he fakes breaking an axle and smuggles it in his gas tank, but we're on to him this year.

It better be driveable this year or I'd better be in it when it breaks.

T

21. No busting shit this year for me. Unless were doing donuts in the lower parking lot!

I'm starting to elongate my spider button to fit a 6 pack in, don't wanna keep the southern boys Blatz free!

22. Okay,so...pre-party at the swap on Saturday.
    Hmmm, I'll have to rattle Brad's cage this weekend and see what's up.
    What time do you guys want to roll in there on Sunday?

23. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

I imagine it will be an early wake up call. I'd suggest we come from the 285 exit side of Moreland. Even though I only made it for Sunday last year, it was a pain in the ass to make a left turn into the drive in with traffic.

24. That's why ya gotta get on it dog gone it!

25. Runawaychair

Runawaychair

Wife and I went to the DriveInvasion last year on Sunday to see hot rods and rock-a-billy. Tents everywhere. That was new to us, car show wise. Saturday and night must have been one helluva party. Sunday, most of the upper lot was empty except the vendors and a dozen or so rods. We parked right up next to the soundboard tent, checked out the few cars, ate some very good burgers, bought some stuff and met some folks and bands. We were there too for the Psycho deVilles and bought some of their merch. All the bands were giving it hell. We'd never seen the Legendary Shack Shakers when ol' Colonel J.D. said something unruly to the crowd. oops. An empty PBR landed on the stage. Then another. Then three or four. Then it began raining beer cans on the band and had J.D. ducking and dodging and still singing. I think they'd done this before! So the stage is now ankle-deep, amp-to-amp in cans when a full one caught him right on the cheek bone. End of set. I'd hazard a guess that management thought 2 days of drinking was 1 too many for us Southerners and this change is damage control...

26. 8769

from kennesaw

I think it has more to do with the fact that the drive also has a flea market/swap meet that is usually the same saturday as the start of the show. This swap meet/flea market is held there month in and month out. Those of you that have sat in line waiting to get in have probably seen the cars filled with junk/treasure to sell.

I think the claim is that the vendors for the swap bring in more money year round then the show does for one weekend. Like any good business they are keeping the frequent customers happy.

Once again that's why we need all of you to show up and show them that this show pulls a crowd. As I understand it there will not be any swap so the long lines to get in should be more in check. That also means that we will be able to get a more acurate count of attendees for the show.

Now show up have a great time, but NO THROWING BEER CANS AT WANDA JACKSON!

One more time for the cheap seats:

Car show entry starting at 9:00 that means pre-64 cars
    No support cars in the car show parking area!

Attendees entry starting at 10:00
    our chief concern has always been older cars sitting in traffic on a hot Georgia summer day. So the line of old cars that is moving quickly through the entry gates is not for you if your in your honda mini-van. Sorry

T

27. Runawaychair

Runawaychair

Hey 8769, Runawaychair here on a warm Jarja night. Agreed on the fleamarket priorities. My twin boys want to see the Psycho deVilles because I play their discs all the time and they're too young for the Star Bar! But, I'll have to drive my minivan just the same! lol

28. Customs&Color

Customs&Color

btt for the weekend....

29. I hope they play Blazing Saddles again. That was the best.

THE SHERIFF IS NEAR!

30. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

How big is the car show usually for his event....im trying to make it up there just seeing how big it is....last yrs car count?