Register now to get rid of these ads!

American pride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onlychevrolets, Jul 27, 2009.

1. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

This past weekend I went to Fort Benning Georgia to watch my son graduate from Infantry boot camp. I'm 54 and I cried with pride watching those 219 soldiers on that parade field. OK now that I shared that. Fort Benning has a new milti million dollar Infantry museum there. If Columbus Georgia is close enough for you to take a cruise , you really should go through it. Makes you proud to be an American. I'd like to try and get up a set date where HAMBers from all over could make the cruise and we could meet there. What do you think?:confused:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations for your son, l hope he does well.

3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

come on guys...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Try the Pensacola Naval Air Station Museum in Florida for another patriotic shot in the arm.
    Amazing how watching those boys become men in uniform makes the hardest man tear up, isn't it?

5. We here in the "Old North State" have the Airborne and Special Operations Museum in Fayetteville, near Fort Bragg (my birthplace). I haven't been yet, but the fam and I want to go. Especially since my dad was in the 82nd when I was born.

6. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Amen brother.....I had to keep telling my grandaughter to look for daddy so she wouldn't see my "pride"

7. I have been to both and they are well worth the trip. I went through Basic, Airborne and Ranger training at Benning and was stationed at Bragg for a time.

8. Speedsterinc

Speedsterinc

Congratulations!!!!!!

9. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Thanks John, do you think you'd like to make that trip?

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Congratulations! The 8th Air Force Museum is in Georga and I hope to tour it some day.

11. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

so. any clubs , groups, outlaws.... want to get together and meet there? send me an PM if you want to try and figure out a date.

12. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Good on your son. Thanks for the service. BUT when I was in the Army we went through Basic training. Navy guys went to boot camp. Bad Navy guys went in to the Brig. Bad troops went to the stockade. Always bothered me when people get it wrong. Tell your son I said "Good Luck. Be Safe."

13. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

You are correct.....I got it wrong..he told me Basic ....see why I'm not in ?

14. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

A one-star rating on this thread? You gotta' be shitting me.

Hey, coingrats on your son's graduation from Benning. There are millions of Americans out here who know that we sleep soundly at night thanks to people like your son.

15. coolmilitary

coolmilitary
    from So Cal

YEA! Who's the dork giving this a one star.

16. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

thanks guys...vote......

17. to grad BCT&AIT is a big thing in ones life. Given its not what it used to be ,If my D.I. didnt knock the hell out of me from behind one time a day I didnt think he loved me anymore,lol. I got to go back for three years as a Malone range instructer I loved it and Ft Benning is tits as posts go, way better then Ft Irwin, or Ft Polk.

18. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

lets do a fall cruise to Fort Benning.....when its cool.

19. Both of my sons are in the AF, basic it was for them, and i a bunch of years ago, and yes, I teared up as well.

20. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Pass the word on to him; Thanks for serving.
    HOO-YAH~!!

21. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

22. DMFB

DMFB

I'd love to do it, but not niether of my wheels will be ready in the very near future. Maybe next time :(

23. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

My son in law heads to Fort Benning in September
    I hope to go there for his graduation
    I'll just plan to take in the museum as well.

24. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Ft Benning is a class act, and that museum is worth the ride down.

25. vertible59

vertible59

Thanks to your son and all the others who serve. Set a date for the cruise in and we will try to come. It's not far for us and would be a nice trip.

26. rcoffey

rcoffey

My son trained there,graduated last year and was moved to FT. Hood .He has been in Irac for 6 months .He just got home for 2weeks r&r deployed back out monday ,I went to graduation and met him at the airport every time.Iwould not have missed it for anything.

27. fourspd340

fourspd340

Good for him. I went through Basic as well as Airborne School at Benning myself. Do you know what unit he is going to? Is he 11B, 11C, 11M?

The infantry is a tough job and it will change him forever. It gave me a very positive outlook on everthing else that I do in life.
    Good luck to him!

Stan

28. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Stan, I'll find out , and yes I see a change in him already

29. Piewagn

Piewagn

I think there's someone who just goes through all the threads and gives them one star. I busted my ass on my Model A and someome gave the build thread a one star rating.

Correct, I think this thread deserves 5, considering what these young folks are scraficing for our country, or what previous generations have sacrificed for our country!! Hey, it's only freedom......right??

Got a 5 from me!!

30. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Stan, I called and he said he is 11 bravo... I guess thats 11B