Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nostalgia Drags at New England Dragway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTFuzz, Jul 26, 2009.

1. New England Dragway Hall of Fame day...................Drags and car show. Here's a few pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rick finch

rick finch

Thanks for posting, cool stuff.

3. [​IMG]

There were some great '72 and down cars there but I didn't take many pics of them. I do have some pics of the show I will post later.

4. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Just heard that the primered Henry-J ran an 11.18 at 119mph. Not too bad for a 9:1 401 Nailhead with a couple of carbs.
    Hats off to Buddy and Tom for getting it down there. Look out 10.90s!!!

5. Ya it did run good, I talked to him for a bit, they were happy with the car............fun to see it blow off the big block Chevys, I think he red lighted at the end.
    I believe if he puts a hood on that thing he might just get that extra tenth!

6. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Not too Bad for shifting at 4600 rpm!!!!

7. Her's a few of the car show, not verywell attended. Rained last night and well into the AM.......I left my house for the 2 1/2 hour ride in the rain.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Did JimV replace that mouse motor with a Hemi??...................ummmmmmmmmmmm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hemi powered '58 Chevy...............strange.
    [​IMG]

10. GOSFAST

GOSFAST

Slightly higher on the C.R. but still probably under 10:1??

It also has about 4 seasons on that build now without any major "glitch"! Next time around if we can get Ross to do those pistons our way, he'll fare much better!!

(Add) Hey Bud, keep on floggin' it, you and Tom are going in the right direction anyway!

Hats off to the all the photography involved, some excellent shots!

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. In real good weather that should break into the 10's, at least the high ones! Excellent for a pump-gas "Nail"!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  11. hoop

hoop

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like I missed a great event.

12. Jimv

Jimv

I'm mad we missed it!! We started out in Pawtucket this morning ( it was raining)& decided to go to Goodard Park instead,I had my top on ( doesn't help much ) & the other people i was with had no top & slicks, we punked out i guess!!we where both driving T buckets
    I'll be there for sure next month.
    JimV

13. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Didn't mean to leave you out, good job Gary. I know Buddy is really happy with the engine.

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It looks like it was a great day up there. Did it rain at all, or was it good racing all weekend?

I supported the S.S.S.R.'s Handi-kids Camp show yesterday, but I'll be there next month for sure.

Thanks for posting the pics!:cool:

15. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

what a great day.....Thats my 48 Austin.....had a good day went 4 rounds....lost in the semis......lots of cool stuff there as usual....thanks for the pics....

16. That's a great ride you have there Bill............I had fun watching it. What was the temp inside that little Austin? ooooooooooooooh... I had a good time hanging out with Jimmy King and Ray Helger too, they put on a good show also.
    Are you going to winterport next month?

17. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Reasonably sure the Hemi-powered 58 chevy is a SBC with hemi valve covers.

18. Jimv

Jimv

The guy who ran the RED 65 comet in post #4, Richie Morse passed away on sunday nite after he got back from the track!
    He Owned RPM speedshop in seekonk on county st & was a all around great guy.He had some health issues last year so he wasn't around much but felt alot better this year & was getting out to cruises & shows alot more.
    Its kind of a shocker to all of us here in the area.
    jimV