Register now to get rid of these ads!

midnight mass 09 what did u think

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flyin flattie, Jul 26, 2009.

1. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

i thought it was a ok show... honistly kinda was really dissapointed in the fact that they ran outa room for my truck and that they made u 1) pay to fucking park 2) pay to get in 3) couldnt bring anything in to the show and so on and so forth ...

i just wanted to see what everyone els thought cuz if it where up to me im deffentently not going next year if it is going to be like this every year

2. tommy v

tommy v

i got there at 6:30 and was one of the last cars in,it use to be a hot rods and customs show but now's there a lot of low riders bombs and stock car [i like those car too but not for this show] this use to be a show for car buliders,there must of been 150 venders all selling the same shit, i had a good time seeing old freinds and the chicks wow ,lots of pretty girls everywhere:D, it's still a good show but not were it started

3. Rexmortis

Rexmortis

I thought the show was great!. Sure there was some organizational issues with regards to parking but with the numbers that showed up and odd shaped area to park that was bound to happen. I posted a link to some pictures from the show in another thread entitled Midnight Mass 09 Pics http://rexmortis.yossman.net/MidnightMass09/

I thought it was odd there were some low-riders but hey...we're all car enthusiast.

4. tommy v

tommy v

very true, like i said i like low riders and bombs too
    ,i go to low rider show and don't see any hot rods or customs there

5. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

I had a great time, even going solo. Saw a lot of friends. Left San Jose at 3pm to get there by 5pm. Hit some traffic on the way but got to the gate at 5:30pm. Left at 11:30 home by 1:30am. Like Strangers BBQ, peeps get there on time to get in.
    Only one (close to) issue happen, and then didn't get worse. I was suprised that there weren't any issues with all the consumption going on. I like beer too but with the heat I think I would have passed out, and I was going to drive home. That is a compliment to everyone and to the Poor Boys. Police were visible and everything seemed cool. Hope the hotel survived.

B

6. 61TBird

61TBird

1)CalExpo charges for that not the Poor Boys
    2)How many large shows are Free?
    3)You could if you had your car inside.At the prices they were charging for a Beer,I'm glad I got there early.Once again it is CalExpo not the Poor Boys that charge those prices.

I got there around 4:30 and drove right in.
    Then again,I knew it was going to be really crowded so I made plans to get there early.
    (That was after getting home from a show in SF Friday night and driving up from San Jose Saturday morning.)
    Big Sandy Rocked as usual!
    If they are going to have it in the same spot next year,I wonder if the back area(Over where the "Tent Building" is) will be opened up.It was fenced off and would have allowed for a lot more cars in the show.

Hey Tommy V,
    I saw your car and kept coming back to it but you were always somewhere else at the time.
    I agree with the Low Rider thing... Did you get the flyer for the Street Low show in your car too?Wrong venue to be passing those out:D
    All the shows I go to it's the same vendors selling the same stuff.It's gotten to the point I stop by their booth just to say Hi :rolleyes:
    And the Girls:eek::eek::eek:,there was a lot of "eye candy".

If you made the "after party" at the Blue Lamp,sorry if I didn't say Hi.It was a really long day....
    The Chop Tops put on a great show as usual.
    We (my buddy and his GF for the night) were pulled over up the street from the Blue Lamp for him making a lane change without using his signal.After being "questioned" about any alchohol consumption(NO ticket:D,Thank You Sac PD,and the DD hadn't been drinking),I ask both Officers where the Blue Lamp was:eek:
    Of course the other 2 in the car didn't think that was funny;)

I do need to add,Whoever thought it was a good idea to take up 4 parking spaces (2 different Douchebags)at the Marriott Residence Inn on Howe...I have a great big "EFF YOU""!!!
    Who the Hell thinks it's "Cool" to park a truck and trailer in a Hotel parking lot like that??
    Hopefully the Hotel dealt with your Dumb Ass.

7. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I thought it was a great show. Well run, and everyone I ran into seemed to be having a great time. My only problem was that I ran out of beer! But that was my fault. :)

I'm sure I would have been bummed if I couldn't get into the show. But hey, when your full, your full.

Sign me up for next years show.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  8. tommy v

tommy v

i got to the stangers at 10:30 and didn't get in the gate open at 10:00 ,there were car in line at 7:00 when should have i been there 3 hours before :eek:

9. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

I had a good time, I have to say I think last year was better, i liked it for its lack of organization. It seamed more like a big get together of friends.

This year was more like a car show with a shit load of people. I understand its the natural progression of things, and i think everything was handled very well. When something gets good more people come and want to be apart of it, and this takes away from some of the intimacy.

But Jay Bruce and the rest of the Poor Boys did a great job I havent heard any of the famous stories like every other year (minus the fire dept and cops putting a leash on things)

Thanks guys for your hard work.

10. tommy v

tommy v

shit ,would have been nice to meet you ,i was sitting on the tailgate of the blue truck behind my car,it suck being parked in the middle of the road but i got in so it was all good

11. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

I also felt that last year was a better gig. I didn't care for the zig-zag parking lot. I liked how last year was a nice big square parking lot. It made it a lot easier to walk up and down the rows of cars. I did, however, like how the vendors were all in the same spot so people could either go check 'em out or avoid 'em if they wanted. My wife and I wanted to check 'em out so it was nice to be able to have them all right there. I also didn't care for all of the lowriders and bombs. I understand that there can be a thin line between a 60's lowrider/custom and a all-out (hydraulics, 100-spoke 13" wires) lowrider. Like someone said, they're all car enthusiasts too. I just don't want the show to get taken over. And whoever is at the gate needs to be a little more educated on the years of cars. One of the lowriders I saw was a '68 Impala. No bueno.
    My only other complaint was all of the broken beer bottles. I felt that it was pretty clear that everything had to be in cups. And if you are drinking in a bottle, what would possess you to break it on the ground? I was trying to manuever through all of the broken glass and couldn't. I ran over a couple of them. It's just a lack of respect. The good ones always change. Some turds will always ruin it for someone else.
    Had a good time but IMO, I felt last year was better.

12. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Tommy, that spot was great for the traffic of eye candy, for the short time I hung out with you guys. Next time we need to park next to the bathrooms like I did, and bring your buddys truck. #1 short trip to the jonh and you can tell when the line was short to go. #2 the gurls were drinking as much as the guys so that ment many trips for them.

B

13. wizardfab

wizardfab

I have been to every midnight mass show since it was in the parking lot at TJ's shop and watched it grow to this monster of a show that would test the best promoters. All I can do is give the Poor Boys a LOT of credit. Only they truly know all of the work it has been to keep this the best show in No, Ca, Just think they could just say screw it to all of the work and it would just go away. I for one would not like to see that happen!
    I was out there with the family girlfriend, son and 2 grandsons with the the 1969 Top Fuel dragster, Makin noise and shakin things up nitro style. Saw a lot of friends, met some new ones, talked to all different types of gearheads.The Low guys are all pretty cool and have been a part of it since #1. A really great time had by all of us . Thanks guys

14. j-dogg

j-dogg

I thought it was awesome. I love the lowriders. Tons of hotties. I heard there was 800 cars in the show and 200 got turned away because they were full. I stood in line for 30 minutes to get in, but I still had a good time.

15. romie

romie

I cant compare previous shows because it was my first. All I can say is my wife and I had a good time, cool rides, and the funraiser beer came in hand under the hot sun.

16. Kirsten

Kirsten

It was my first time and I thought it was great. Great cars and Wayne Hancock and Big Sandy for $3? That alone was well worth it. We parked up the road and avoided the $10 fee and with my reservation at the Marriott we got a $25 gas card. Everyone I spoke to was totally cool and I met a fellow HAMB'er, PhatCaddy ( I was the girl sportin' the HAMB t-shirt!) His car is beyond awesome btw. Overall, I thought it was an awesome show and I will go back next year for sure.

17. Mucha Muchacha

Mucha Muchacha

Me..10am...in line for one hour, then DENIED! Oh well, I guess I have to go at 8am next time:confused::confused:

As far as Midnight Mass...It was fun. (maybe too much!) I was a huge fan of the shade I sat under, and the fantastic bands! Met a lot of super friendly folks! Wish there were more car stuff vendors and less Hair accessories. Wish my friends that showed up at 6pm could have gotten in....there was space in the venue, but all the entrances were blocked with cars. Besides, the law man said no more I guess! All in all, it was a great time. There was sooo many people!!! And props to the Satan's Chauffeurs guys! Thanks!!!

18. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Pictures! We need lots of pictures!!!!

19. Speaking as a vendor I really liked the new placement and layout. The shade was great and I also liked that it was not as dusty as last year. We did alright but would have made more money just selling beer. lol. But so it goes, probably just the economy. Overall the show had an amazing turnout, had lots of cops to keep things in check, and I appreciated how organized the Poor Boys were. If I needed anything or had a question, they had an answer. Wayne Hancock and Big Sandy were great. I didn't get much time to check out the cars while trying to tend to the booth. After the show, teardown was quick and we headed over to the Blue Lamp to catch the Chop Tops' set. They were great as always. Thank you for supporting their show if you came out. Ended the night at Rea's tiki hideaway drinking with the boys celebrating the end of their 35 day tour. We'll be back for MM next year.

20. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

All I can say is that I am usually ready to take off after a quick go round at most shows. Midnight Mass is one show that always seems to go by too fast.

I got there late but snuck in before the cut off. I always want to spend more time by my car, but get so wrapped in checking out everyone's stuff and b'sing that I basically don't get back to my car hardly at all.

Once again I thought the Poor boys did one hell of a good job!

21. Frank32

Frank32

I think the show was great, it was nice to have the shade to see the band and look at what the vendors have for sale. I vote for the same location next year. The price was right, Great Job Poor Boys!!!

22. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I too have been to them all and every year it gets better for me.the thing i like is the change.sure cal expo has their rules but hey they are there for a reason.once again my hat is off to bruce and all the poorboys for makin it happen!me and my friends had a great time.I WILL BE BACK for as long as you guys can keep it goin.i for one noticed less idiots this year(the non car people lookin for trouble)wich made it even better for me.FOR ME I BELEIVE WHEN A SHOW GETS THIS BIG ITS UP TO ALL, AND I MEAN ALL OF US TO SHOW RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE PUTTING IT ON AND FOLLOW ALL THE RULES OF THE GROUP AND THE VENUE TO INSURE WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!THNAKS AGAIN FELLAS!

23. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

I have to agree with ya Tony, we had a blast, haven't missed one yet and we will be back next year and will continue to support these guys!

And we aren't just being nice because we won "trophies", we really enjoyed the hell out of the show!

Congrats on the best truck homie!

24. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

First off, on behalf of the SATAN'S CHAUFFEURS c.c. I would like to thank the POORBOYS for the best thing to do on a Saturday afternoon....

beer drinking, hot rods, customs, beautiful women, and great music.

Thats what MIDNIGHT MASS means to me. Yeah...there were a few cars that didnt meet my expectations. Didnt bother me...I walked onto the next one. I spoke with alot of owners about alot of cars. I even learned a thing or two about some older flatheads.

As far as not being able to let everyone in....what can you do? they had the cars packed in there. we had a POORBOYS girl ask us to move our cars to make more room for others coming in. we didnt mind, we wanted to see more cars.

we left Merced at about 930am and got into SAC just before noon. we had enough time to unload, have a beer or two and then head over to the show. we were at the gates by between 330 and 4 and there was still lots of space when we parked.

again, thanks to the POORBOYS. they were some of the coolest fellas around. Bruce made time to stop and chat with us about our trophy and cars when we rolled in. All the guys in caltrans orange were friendly and I am glad they allowed us to party with them.

i know we all appreciated the fact we could bring in our own ice chests. i stayed on our guys about keeping drinks in cups. we cleaned up our little area as best we could when the show was over....but honeslty thats when the show kinda began. does anyone know what happened to the guy in the fenderless roadster who did the burnout and almost ran over security at the gate leaving? or what about the guy on the bobber who did the burnout against the suburban? security swarmed his ass quick.

and as for the guy with the truck and trailer at the hotel....I saw him changing a flat on Sunday morning. possibly the result of some vigilante justice?

25. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Nice meeting you to Kirsten. Thx for the nice words about the Caddy. My strategy was to park in front of the bathrooms so EVERYONE would see it. haha. A lot of HAMBer shirts cruzzzin around, very cool.

BTW, did the law man hit your trunk when you were trying to bail? I thought I saw that when you tried to leave the first time and was shocked:eek:

26. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

And Mucha Muchacha, it was funny when the guy asked if the nice church lady could take some pics on your car. I think those pictures would have shown up on an add for a local stripclub.

B

27. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Well I thought it was a KICK ASS show! Great atmosphere and variety if cars - and the gals were HOT! And what can you say about the bands? Sensational.... Top effort to the Poor Boys!

As a Kiwi visting from New Zealand we had a blast and were happy to be part of it.

Noddy

28. Buzznut

Buzznut

I thought it was a great show. Yeah...I could do without seeing the lowriders, but it's probably hard to turn those guys down once they've been in line for a couple hours. I personally thought that the guidelines said NO lowriders, but I could be wrong. There were definitely a lot of hot betties, but honestly, am I the ONLY one who wonders how 3/4 of those girls ended up on stage? Sheesh...

I took pics but it's too late and I'm too tired to post them...maybe tomorrow.

29. Mucha Muchacha

Mucha Muchacha

Yea, he was a jerk face. I think he was up to his limit in drunkards. I made my silent escape soon after.... A lady always leaves before the bar lights come on:p

I told him no thank you,(I don't think they liked me...oh well!) I'm sure someone else would have loved to have such a nice young lady posing in front of their car.:eek::eek:

30. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

hey Brian....your Caddy looks badd ass as usual....MMuchacha...your ride is off the hook.....see you guys at Billetproof.....