Register now to get rid of these ads!

an apologie is in order

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ice man, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Ice man

Ice man

Last January I ordered sheet metal for my doors from Howells Sheet Metal, in Beaumont,Tx. Well after a very long time with no parts I called, faxed, did ever thing I could do to get my stuff. Finally got hold of a HAMBer in Beaumont an he went to there shop 3 times. For what ever reason they sent out the parts twice and they were returned. Finally I was able to talk to some one direct (new phone number) and had the parts sent to my daughter. Her husband sent them to me, guaranteed 3 days shippment for $50.00. I was upset that he spent that much money, but he said not to worry. Well I went to the PO on Thur, no parts, went today, no parts. Called SIL, he called PO turns out some jerk here put the notice in the wrong PO box, SIL got his money back, I got my parts and Howells are not so bad after all. I stand corrected. Alls well that ends well. Ice man

2. sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes it's the postman.

3. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

I have had that happen to me on a couple of occasions. I went to the post office and went off on them. Hasn't happened since but looking to move in a few months so might have to start all over.

4. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

i heard some screwy stuff was going on with howells here a while back but imglad to hear you got your parts..the post office does screw up sometimes..good to see there are people out there man enough to correct themselves and apologize..

5. As a retired postman I can tell you it is getting worse.They will hire absolutely anybody now.I wonder if they even pass a reading test anymore.The postal people here know who I am and they still manage to mess up my mail on occasion.Glad I left when I did.

6. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

for a while, we were genuinely concerned that our postman would actually "go postal". if there was one car blocking his way through the parking lot (which is long and narrow.) He would throw a tantrum akin to a 6 Year old girl at the mall. it was nuts.

suffice to say anything we had ordered that was sent u.s.p.s. was typically, unexplicably 4 days late.

New guy rules. My only complaint is sometimes he gets a little chatty...but he is talking about cars, Isn't a bullshitter, and mainly compliments us on how many cars we go through in a week.

He's pretty okay in my book.:D

7. Good on you for taking what you said back!
    So to hijack this thread a little, who makes the better quality 32 patch panels? I know they all need a little massage to fit, i am talking about deffinition and correct shapes. Brookville or Howell's? There is a guy selling patch panels on the 'auction site', fronting for Howells.....any good? I am in Australia so I want to get it right first time and not have to screw around.

I will be getting pretty much all the lower patches, beaver panel and inner boot gutters.

8. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Very well stated and 100 % correct. You forgot the part that they no longer care...
    Another retired postal worker
    Pontiac Slim

9. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

I have heard a lot of bad things about Howell's but have only had good luck with them.

10. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

I am another Howell's satisfied customer.

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

Oh don't worry.... Howell's is still sketchy on their parts! I won't buy from them again!!

12. smarg

smarg

Oh don't worry them Texas boys aren't bad

13. agtw31

agtw31

im glad you got your stuff.communication is the important component here.

what's more frustratiing than crappy postal service is when you buy something from somebody,sending money order priority mail,and once they get your money then they want to take their sweet time shipping your shit.

14. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

15. kooldaddy-o

kooldaddy-o

Ship FED EX....They are sooo much cheaper than everyone else !!

16. HotRod33

HotRod33

I have ordered parts from Howell's 6 different times and never had any problems and I will use them again.........

17. onedge

onedge

yeah USPS is a crap shoot lately, glad you got your parts, I always still say whatever s/h cost probably cheaper than driving or going to 100 swapmeets...good to follow up with your Howell experience we need them.

18. There was a time when the postman was the bright spot in every neighborhood.
    When the big rig drivers were the Knights of the highways
    and the service station attendent was your savior on a dark night...
    It is a different world today...
    And it is more than press 1 for English, there is very little respect for other people anywhere anymore...

19. I wonder if there's a reason why the folks over on our old postwomans route calls her "Crackhead Karen"...
    I hate that fucking bitch w/a passion.

But I'm happy it all worked for you.

I still hate that fucking postwoman we have....joe

20. We get different ones on different days. The better ones will leave a package on the porch. The lazy ones leave it propped up next to the garage where the mail slot is. Even in the rain or snow.

Then again what can you expect from a government agency run so badly it can't make money? Let's raise rates again and make the other guy look even more attractive... riight.

21. Weasel

Weasel

Registered Mail - tracking numbers, delivery confirmation - aren't those the things USPS make available and a professional outfit should use to avoid this kind of situation???? It's not rocket science - just common sense....:rolleyes:

22. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Back in '02 or '03 I had some parts on eBay. I was in a tough spot and eBay sales were the only thing keeping fuel in my tank. There were 7 packages to go to 7 different locations. They all sold on the same day, all were paid for, and all were to be shipped on the same day. Easy right? I told the lady at the PO to put insurance on every item, each box has all the address information, all she has to do is type it all in and swipe my credit card and we're done. Cool.

About 2 weeks later I get an e-mail from a guy who had purchased a turbocharger housing for $140+shipping. He said he never got the item. I said, get back to me in a week, maybe it's delayed. A week later, nothing. So I call the PO, talk to the Post Master, they can't find anything. I say, OK, well insurance should cover it right? They say "what insurance?". Turns out the bitch behind the counter insured 1 of the 7 packages...and not the one that got lost. A month later a package arrives at my door from USPS, it's the ripped open box that I had originally packaged the turbocharger housing in, but no turbocharger housing.

Needless to say, I had to refund the guys money after it was already spent on fuel. Bummer.

Anyhow, Howell's is great, never had an issue with them. Glad you got your deal sorted.

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

AND they smile, and treat you like they want your business, unlike the UPS brown shirts.

24. Sureeeeeeeeeeeee it is, that's what it took 5 days for a registored letter to get to the post office after I got the notice.

"Crackhead Karen" at her best...joe

25. BBobb

BBobb

TRY TO NEVER KICK A DOG WHEN IT'S DOWN

After Hurricane IKE hit the coast in the Port Arthur late last year it pretty much wiped Howells building out. I know that shortly after the storm they moved the entire operation to Beaumont.We here on the Gulf Coast went threw a living hell for about five months after the storm.I myself have bought parts in the last couple of months from howells with no problems.Once they moved into their new building there was a couple times i drove there to pick up the parts.They were honest enough in my opinion to let me know that they were backed up and that shipping would take a little longer than normal........... I will continue to do business with them in the future.

26. the-lowrider

the-lowrider

Hi guys, maybe you can help. I´ve ordered a few parts(hood, inner fenders, rear corners) for my 30` Ford Model a about 4 weeks ago and did the payment already. Till today i got no reply on my mails and wonder if there is everything o.k. Can anybody help ?

Greeeetz & thanx

Markus

27. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I know what your saying , it's in style now to not give a F--k. I sent 13 long years at a distributor( Budweiser ) and when I hired on it was a very nice place to work , white shirt pressed dress slacks and a shine on the shoes. We had a truck wash and every truck got washed every week. Well I left in 01 and now I see the route drivers out and they have shirt tails out tennis shoes cap on backward....most even need a shave. Kind of hurts to see what was once a respected company fall that far....:(

28. Where is Cliff Claven when you need him....NEWMAN!

29. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

A new slant on "going postal"? :)

30. cjo13

cjo13
    from SD

Howells was good to me. USPS now this is another story. It took 5 months for a 2 Day Registered letter to get from SD to San Diego. The explanation when it arrived was "It must have got lost in the Shuffle". I now pay all of my bills online and receive all of my parts UPS or Speedy.

CJ