Register now to get rid of these ads!

salina show question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adamshumard, Jul 19, 2009.

1. adamshumard

adamshumard

Anyone know what time the cars leave the park on saturday? I dont get off of work until 230 in wichita, will i have time to get there and still catch any of the show?

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Adam, I assume you would arrive around 4 PM and most cars would be leaving. But most will still be in town at the nearby host hotel (motel) a block up the street near I-70. They will have their annual doings there that night and alot of activites for you to join.

3. mongo51

mongo51

Sat. is the best day but sun. is still ok.

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Friday night drags are most fun...........

5. As with most of the KKOA shows, the fun is at the hotel that night.

6. adamshumard

adamshumard

only bummer is i dont really know anyone, so i would be out of place at the hotel

7. Ghost28

Ghost28

On sat evening get in line for the tonight show. You don't want to miss it great entertainment. It's at the host hotel...John

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you are into "kool" you won't be out of place, it is worth the trip to check it out...

9. yblock292

yblock292

They ain't no strangers just look for my maroon 50 shoebox , will be there Friday afternoon , staying at the host hotel.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

In my opinion Saturday night at the host hotel doesn't even come close to the fun and excitement at the airport drag strip on Friday night.

11. Ghost28

Ghost28

I agree with you about the drags on friday. I had great time last year. but he wont be in until saturday night.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yeah well, he's looking alittle peek-id to me. He better get to a doctor on Thursday after work for that sick day note for Friday.:D

13. Ghost28

Ghost28

;)Yep, Yep, I see a sick day in his future.

14. Like's been said, there are no strangers in Hot Rodding.:)
    I think we can bond faster than anyone. Even Harley guys:D.

15. Is KKOA Worth Driving driving from Minneapolis(10hrs) Friday eve for all day Saturday and most of Sunday? How late do the drags last Friday?

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think it will be worth your trip, you will see 800 plus Kustoms and Hot Rods
    from all over the country. It is the koolest event that I go to and I already
    have rooms for 2010.

Happy Trails,

Mick

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

When the sun hits the horizon the racing is over, period. No if, ands or butts. I think it was about 9pm last year.

I'll tell ya what, the whole event is worth a 10 hour drive for sure BUT that includes the Friday night drags action as well. Being there on Friday is well worth calling in sick for or whatever you have to do at work to get the day off.:cool:

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

come on Mark, get the day off on Thursday and roll with me. Meet you in Des Moines at 9:00 AM

19. HotRodKitten

HotRodKitten

Somehow, Jack, I read, "They ain't no strangers just look for my room"
    Hah! My mind is in the gutter!

20. adamshumard

adamshumard

There should be some sort of HAMB members meet there. Where all the HAMBers that came out can just meet up and bs.

21. NoSurf

NoSurf

Many of us HAMBers will be wearing HAMB t-shirts, so if you see one, just say "hi".

Don't worry- you'll be safe. Zman isn't gonna be there.

22. Somebody is bound to have a HAMB t-shirt or ball cap on or a sticker or timing tag on their car. Go up introduce yourself and tag-along. If you don't see the logo just go pick out the crowd that is having the most fun, it'll prolly have a bunch of us. Shoot, HAMBers aren't that scarce. I'd meet up with you if I was gonna be around Sat. night.

23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Haha!!! :D

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Are you going to be there? If so, lets make sure we get a Ladies of the HAMB photo taken during the meet & greet.

There is :rolleyes:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379974&highlight=meet+greet+salina&showall=1

Now that's some funny shit BUT shouldn't you be directing the statement to BobWop?? :D

25. adamshumard

adamshumard

well i guess if any of you see a punk ass kid with tattoos and Inch and a half plugs that might be me. Say hi.