Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is your car ready for cow oil?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooMany2count, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Yea, Yea, Yea, I know it might be a tad "OT" but who knows this could be one way to help reduce America's dependence on foreign oil.
    It gives a whole new meaning to "Moo Juice"

Cow Oil

The company Green Earth Technologies announced today it has been granted the American Petroleum Institute (API) symbol for its SAE 5W-30 weight of its new motor oil made from . . .cows! The company will roll out G-OIL 5W-30 in bulk and quart size bottles in the next few months.

Unlike traditional petrochemical-based motor oils from leading manufacturers, Green Earth Technologies' G-OIL is made from rendered cow fat. These saturated fats, whose molecular single-bond carbon chains are similar to common petroleum oils, have no harsh effects on the environment. When mixed with the product G-DISPOSOIL, used G-OIL is almost instantly broken down into smaller molecules that are food for microorganisms in soil, so the oil can be poured onto the ground with no harmful effects.
    The company says that using cow fat for motor oil reduces America's dependence on foreign oil. "It takes three barrels of crude oil to make one barrel of motor oil, but it only takes one barrel of animal fat to produce one barrel of G-OIL," the company said in a press release.

The two-cycle version of the oil, used for lawnmowers and other small engines, has been on the market since July and is available at Home Depot.

2. jj mack

jj mack

Peta is not gonna like you

3. HMMM...

With the diesel guys running fast food oil for fuel, and the moo oil, some places are gonna smell like Mickey D's all the time.

Interesting though..

4. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I wonder if it will come in flavors.. BBQ Mesquite. Teriyaki. Worcestershir.

yummy.
    - Joe

5. Why wouldn't "People Eating Tastey Animals" like me :D ?????

6. Wonder if they ever tried using lard before butchering the cows? Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't lard used for quite a few things in the beginning of the last century? I would like to try some of this new oil to see how it holds up over the course of 3000-5000 miles.-Weeks

7. Where to FIND IT plus they make Other Products also.
    Hell if I can find it local, I'm going to try some in my beater just for shits & grins. Then when I drain it I'll deep fry some chicken in it :eek: :rolleyes: ...joe

8. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The oil can be poured into the ground with no bad environmental effects??

I'd love to do an oil change in my driveway and the just pour the old oil on the ground right in plain sight of my uppity neighbor.. Haha..

9. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

and it only costs 3x as much!!!!!!!

10. I watched "Modern Marvels" on one of the educational cable channels do an hour about turkeys and towards the end they spent a bit on a process where all the waste parts of the bird after processing - beaks, feet, carcasses, basically anything they couldn't sell for food except the feathers - was turned into fuel oil. I can't remember if it became ethanol or a regular fuel now - but I'm sure you can do the same with cow parts, chicken parts, pig parts.. hell probably even human corpses, too. Screw burial, turn me into fuel and put me in the gas tank of my hot rod....

11. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

now thats something me and my bro always wanted to do afterdeath except before i heard of this it was to be by cremation and ran without fuel filter til it died out. that or cremated and put powder into clearcoat and paint my car even if it loooks like shit lol

12. Hell I told the wife that if I go first to have me cremated & then invite everyone over for chili. Then when everyone is done eating tell everyone "remember when Joe told you EAT ME":eek: :eek:
    Yeah I know I'm a sick fucker.......joe

13. nutter

nutter

wounder if it jersey brown or beefmaster gold hell if it works why not & im all for pouring it on the grass infront on my neighbours lol

14. shortbed65

shortbed65
    from ne Ill

Can't see that stuff having much of a shelf life...

15. zzford

zzford

Hmmm, if they can do that with cow fat, can they do it with human fat? If so, I'm sitting on a gold mine!!!

16. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Well, damn, that is all the more reason for me to use it right there.

:p

-W

17. Hodad

Hodad

Soilent GREEN is people!!!!!!!!! or perhaps Cow oil..

18. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

No body mentioned it only works with a franz oil filter either toilet paper keeps the crap out

19. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

my new bumper sticker:

FOLLOW ME TO

[​IMG]

20. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

21. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I wounder if they put ZINC in it for our flat tappet cams LMAO.......

22. That's a cool idea - get some liposuction, do an oil change! I'm good for a few . . .

23. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Except it'll still have all the byproducts of gasoline in it from combustion vapor. Unless of course you're driving a bio diesel.

24. BJR

BJR

Keep refrigerated after opening. Will the cans have a "use before" date on them?

25. BJR

BJR

It will keep your car MOOving down the hiway. Instead of 10W 40 in the summer and 5W 30 in the winter, I'll run 2% in the summer and skim in the winter.

26. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The cow is sacred! Ganish the eight armed god is gonna bitch-slap the lot of you, YOU EVER BEEN COSMICALLY BTCHSLAPED BY AN EIGHT ARMED GOD?
    I hear it hurts,
    The time of 'Cows with guns' s upon us people! Run for the hills! RUN I SAY, RUN!

Doc.

27. troy5118

troy5118
    from Haven Ks

Jonathan Goodwin has already done that in fact. He's the guy who does the biodiesel conversions. I took a tour of his operation last year and he was showing off some of his projects. He had a 6.2 diesel running off off human fat from a lyposuction clinic. Pretty wild.

http://www.hlineconversion.com/tv-media.php

28. George G

George G

What's next? Soylent Green?

29. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm has a lovely human taste!

30. 8flat

8flat

Doc, that is funny stuff.

Cow oil could make your hotrod smell like a hamburger. Then fat chicks would follow you around town....