Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your favorite music to cruise to?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DMFB, Jul 21, 2009.

1. DMFB

DMFB

This thread probably has been posted before, but oh well, haha. Even though this is kinda O/T, music is a big part of our hobby/addiction/disease....how ever you may look at it, atleast I believe it is whole heartedly. I know when a certain song comes on, it is amazing how it can effect how you drive. Some songs are cruisin songs, others make your right foot a tad heavier. Thats the way it is in my case. Just curious to what you guys rock out to while behind the wheel, or if you just listen to the sweet tones from those pipes.....which I do regularly.

My favorites are: (These are just a few, but I don't want this list to be 20 miles long)

Chuck Berry
    Fats Domino
    Social Distortion
    ZZ Top
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Reverend Horton Heat
    Crazy Joe
    Johnny Cash
    Waylon Jennings
    Buddy Guy
    David Allan Coe
    Buddy Knox
    I love me some metal, but doesn't do anything for me behind the wheel of a hot rod.

2. overkillphil

overkillphil

The Cramps...

Mitchell de Moor likes this.
  3. havi

havi

IMO, rural cruising music regardless of vehicle, is the Allman Brothers.

4. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I don't leave the house without a collection of the Deftones. Soften it up with a little P.O.D. and bring it home with some old school Black Sabbath!

5. seetz

seetz

depends on what I gotta do. haul stuff around: country & classic rock (anything from Skynyrd to Hank Williams). get rid of some energy: punk & hardcore (Dwarves, Negative Approach). driving for more than a day: mixtapes/cd's with anything from All to B-52's to Child Molesters to Drunks With Guns to El Vez to Fall-Outs to Gaunt to Helmet to Ice-T to Jesus Lizard to Kepone to Ladernunnan to Monster Magnet to Nirvana to Only Ones to Poison Idea to Queen to Romantics to Taylor Swift to Tad to Urge Overkill to Veruca Salt to White Stripes to X-Ray Spex to Yeah Yeah Yeahs to ZZ Top.
    I'm sure I missed a couple there..

6. the piston slap and the rods knocking, and the noisey valve train in my flathead

7. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

nothing but blues and Elvis.......and some 50's on 5

8. BBobb

BBobb

Haggard,Jones,Cash,Jennings

9. furyIIIkid

furyIIIkid

Led Zeppelin Pink Floyd Metallica Reel Big Fish Old Crow Medicine Show Maylene and the Sons of Disaster Every Time I Die He is Legend Shooter Jennings Rodney Atkins Chris Ledoux Kieth Urban Cream Creedence Clearwater Dio Pantera Eric Clapton Canned Heat Molly Hatchet Jethro Tull Rush Tom Petty The Who Black Sabbath Bob Marley Rob Zombie Slayer Iron Maiden Judas Priest Rolling Stones The Black Keys Kill The King Last Great Summer Jimi Hendrix Yellowcard Weezer The Doors Bad Company Unwritten Law Jet The Mars Volta Huey Lewis and the News Black Stone Cherry Coheed and Cambria The Cars Def Lepard KISS Red Hot Chili Peppers The Scorpions ZZ Top Edgar Winter Group Poison Eric Burdon and War Genesis ELO George Clinton and the Parliament/funkadelic Blink 182 Butthole Surfers Pearl Jam The Greenery and I bet theres probably more but I dont want to write em all down.

10. smarg

smarg

Early era Beach Boys.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  11. You have some good taste in your music,as for me my sled dont have a stereo yet,so its just my ol flathead and the 12 inch glasspacks that I hear. If I did thought it would have to be mostly blues. How bout cruising when you are listening to Zz's " im bad im nationwide" you cant tell me that song was not made for cruising.:cool:

12. doobies...runnin' down the highway; chas berry: no particular place to go; kingsmen: money (thats what I want); beatles: revolution; anything by SRV and Delbert McClinton; and for those quieter moments...Diana Krall

13. skullhat

skullhat

i gots no radio either, its just the rumble of the cam, and the whine of the blower for me to listen to............oh yeah and a few rattles

skull

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Ted Nugent Stranglehold.

on 8-Track.

in a gold with white stripes 70 Z/28

LT-1, 4-speed, 3.73 posi

click your 8-Track to Stranglehold as you pass Big Daddy's on Mission and turn down into Niles Canyon. as I recall the idea was to get to Sunol before the song is over.

this was 1978 on Dunlop GT Qualifiers(?) Dunlop something... bias ply. great for canyon carving.

oh yeah. Ol' Ted was just on the radio. that's what brought that nonsense up.

15. theoneyouhate

theoneyouhate
    from Atlanta

a really good cruising song to me is scorpions- the zoo.....check it out

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

17. russ1403

russ1403

reggae for me,,although my "old car" isnt on the road rite now:(,,,,,,,,and some times old school punk rock,,,,some rap when i m cruzing highland(peolpe from sd will get that,i hope)

18. tinknocker86

tinknocker86
    from california

A whole lot of Reverend Horton Heat, add a little Big Sandy and the flyright boys and finish it off with Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys. Any other day Speedy West and Jimmy Bryant!

19. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Rev Horton Heat, Chris Isaak, the Stones, Ray Charles, High School Ceasar, Southern Culture on the Skids, for starters.

20. No Radio playing their top 10 hit Listening For Something to Break.

21. The Shocker

The Shocker

The Animals ,Doors,Moody Blues (their old stuff ).I can tolerate anything though ,if its sung in english (except rap)...

22. motorhead711

motorhead711

Bad Wizard, Kyuss, ZZ Top, Motorhead, ZEKE, Zep, Black Sabbath, Ac/Dc, The Demonics, The Hookers, New Bomb Turks, Nashville Pussy, Speedealer, Bad Brains, The Cro-Mags, Jerry Reed, Doobie Brothers, Valis, Fu Manchu, Blind Dog, Scene Killer, Dixie Witch, and damn near anything else that...."gets your motor runnin!"

23. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

24. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

25. ... the heater don't work and the horn won't blow but there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio... Do-Wop, thank you very much!

26. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Mostly oldies but the best music to cruise with by far is pinkfloyd

27. A must for me AC/DC, Cold chisel,The Rev Horton heat,Stray cats,
    Johnny Cash,Elvis,Guns&Roses,Metallica,U2 and what eva's on the
    radio.....ps a little Mario Lanza aswell...

28. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

Johnny Cash One piece at a time, David Allen Coe the Ride, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Jerry Reed, Waylon Jennings, ZZ Top, Sammy Hagar Highway Wonderland, Montgomery Gentry, Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, Motley Crue.

29. tathataboy

tathataboy
    from Olathe, KS

For cruising: Stevie Ray Vaughn, John Lee Hooker, hand-picked bluesy/jazzy cuts from the Allman Brothers, Skynyrd, Zeppelin, Clapton, and ZZ Top, and Willie Nelson.

30. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

Hell yeah. Love me some ZZ Top. They're my favorite band, ever.

However the '66 only has an AM radio. And my '78 Bronco doesn't have one at all, so I just listen to the 429 rumblin' it's happy tune with the mud tires zinging along with some backup vocals.