Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage One week to Midnight Mass - Who's coming and what are you bringing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BruceVE, Jul 17, 2009.

1. motorhead711

motorhead711

We'll be bringing a 56 chevy gasser, 59 impala, and a 54 chevy sedan!!! LETS DRINK SOME BEER!!!!

2. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

There will be a lot more shade this year as you can see from the overhead picture. Some parking will be available under the shade screen after the vendors are moved in. There will also be parking under the solar panels, plus there's a lot of grassey areas around the outside.

Obviously there will be parking in all the open areas until the sun goes down.

CalExpo.jpg

3. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Oh, for those of you that have already thought about it, there will be NO WATER in the pond.

4. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Ill be there in my 53 Chevy. Just gotta scallop her up and finish the door panels. Also bringing my puppy Patina's custom pedal car rod. This is my first year and Im super jazzed.

5. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Anyone in the Rocklin/Roseville area want to meet up and roll in together?

6. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

Ditto that for anyone out West Sac way and further West coming in on I-80...?

7. 61TBird

61TBird

I'll try and be in Rocklin around 10am Saturday.
    What time are you planning on getting to CalExpo?

8. Barn-core

Barn-core

I'll be there in my wifes Falcon, but I might make her drive. I just don't feel right behind the wheel since I put in those lace door panels.

9. tommy v

tommy v

thanks buzznut ,stop by for a beer or water tom

10. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Whenever. Early is good for me. Gates open at 4 for entries i believe. I should be buttoned up to go by Sat noon.

11. jerry sezar

jerry sezar

Waiting for some carb kits from summit for that noisy ass '26 T, Fred will be taking his '50 Dodge along with Spencer in his '48 Buick. Larry's bringing his blown '57 along with his crowd. Got the metal end of the "Best Pinstriping" trophy done and delivered it to Dave Shehan from Hot Rod Holligans. He is finishing it up with some of his pinstriping skills. Looking forward to a real good time Saturday night.

12. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

You afraid we might think it's your car? ;)

13. Hunter Bender

Hunter Bender

we'll be there in the caddy. might be a little late. it's the grandpa's 90th b-day party on the same day. you can't miss those, cause there might not be another....

14. Fatmyke

Fatmyke

I will be there! We should have a decent group of us heading out. Departing from the Orangevale area if anyone wanted to cruise along!
    [​IMG]

15. highlife31

highlife31
    from salida ca

I am there cant wait

16. The Bombshells passed out a bunch of Midnight Mass flyers at the Dragoons CC show last weekend in Antioch. Everyone I spoke to said they were either already going or said they would go and seemed really excited about it.

I think you guys are going to have a killer turnout - as expected. The weather says Saturday is going to be 100 degrees which is really not too brutal for Sacramento. I recall a lot hotter weather at previous Mass shows.

The Bombshells will be vending, selling hand crafted hair flowers, vintage clothes, purses, jewlery, and shoes! We will be there at 2pm to set up.

Bring your gals on by The Bombshells booth and pick up some handcrafted hair flowers for $5 each. We are trying to raise money for The Bombshells 12th Annual Booze Broads & Hot Rods show in April.

If you mention the "HAMB" and shake your money maker, you'll get a discount of 10% off everything!

See ya all Saturday!

17. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Depending on which channel you watch, today forcast for Saturday was for only 98. We're getting a cool delta breeze through here in the evening.

18. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

It has been some nice weather around here towards the later part of the days! I spent yesterday afternoon near cal expo and it was nice!

19. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

it's coming up I can't wait! here's a pic of my car, I painted the hood though so it's not gray anymore... please come and say hi it will be my first midnight mass show ever!

Attached Files:

20. Bttt... Just around the corner.

21. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Holy crap...day after tomorrow.

22. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

I know. Gonna be BAD ASS!! :D

23. Buzznut

Buzznut

So I'm curious, does the fun start BEFORE 5pm or is that only for show participants? I'll be at a wedding between 2pm and 7pm and then plan on heading to the show.

24. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

We'll have some local bands playing and doing sound checks starting at about 3:30, but the vendors will be moving in and setting up from 2 to 4. Registration will start at 4 PM and it will take some time to get everyone parked. About 6:30 Wayne Hancock plays, 8:00 is the pinup contest, then Big Sandy comes on about 9:00.

Just a few simple rules to remember:

1. All alcolholic drinks need to be in cups, no cans or bottles.
    2. No burnouts
    3. No crusing during the show

25. 61TBird

61TBird

I'll be getting in line around 3pm!
    Will there be a HAMB parking area in the shade:rolleyes:

26. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

im bringing everyone elses car but mine.. =(
    but it will be fun going over ideas with customers, this show usually gets some peoples gears going

27. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Whos all hitting Ironsides for the pre party tonite?

28. supervert

supervert

i will be their in a scion:mad: ,the old lady and two kids dont fit in the truck:D

but i did just see about 6 or 7 rods gettin of I80 on to elkhorn.

29. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

whoo boy....damn car is trying to make a liar outta me PB Bruce. Got the tranny problems sorted out about....30min ago. We will be on the road by 915am. forget about a hot rod lincoln...this damn chevy gonna drive me to drinkin!

and a bump.

30. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

YES!!!! My schedule just opened up for tonight so I will see everyone there. Leaving SJ about 2pm.

Anyone know if TJ is in town or did he take off on vacation?

B