Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Delux

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brendog67rat, Jul 19, 2009.

1. have you red sept, hot rod delux some cool articals in it about Ed Binggeli and the camfather, Ed Iskenderian, and the first hot rod show, good reading check it out.:)

2. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Real good article on Ed. Good Mag.

3. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Got mine yesterday. I don't think I've missed an issue this year. It's a great magazine. Those two months just went so slow since the last issue.

4. Next to Hop Up and Rodders Journal this is the best mag on the news stand. Freiburger has done one hell of a nice job on this mag. Would like to know when we can subscriptions so we don't miss it on the news stand. Also I feel that they have so much never before seen photos from the hot rod vault that they have endless material along with features of new builds that are being done now.

5. just picked that one up on Friday...cool article on Ed...I really like the layout of the magazine and definitely some cool old time photos

6. oldspwr

oldspwr

I looked for info on subscribing the other day and I don't believe they offer subscriptions yet. On one of the first pages in the mag, they only offer a subscription to Hot Rod and not Delux... Maybe their still testing the waters...

7. Ruiner

Ruiner

Is Freiburger still involved with the mag at all?

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

yes he is, or at least that's what it says...

9. Kerry67

Kerry67

Just picked it up but have not read it yet.

10. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

HRD is the best on the stands for Traditional magazines.
    EXCELLENT photography. Well written USEFULL tech articles (good job Brad54!)
    Having aceess to the Petersen vaults doesn't hurt it a bit either!
    I like that it's about the CARS! It's not about the "SCENE".
    And they don't feature stuff from the same builder every issue!

11. BarryA

BarryA

Hope they get those subscriptions going soon! I've heard about it, and what I see on websites looks good, but not much chance of finding it on a newstand over here.

Barry

12. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Just got mine last week and as always, it's great ! As previously mentioned it's the best trad mag on the news stands.

13. Ebert

Ebert

love it...no nonsense, straight cool stuff!!!!

Please let us subscribe!!!

14. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

got mine this last weekend..great reading...great mag

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Picked up a copy at Stop & Shop an hour ago, looks like another GREAT issue, those two features are to be my first read, note the photo of the Multi Aldrich T when it was shiny & new with 16' Buffalos. :)

16. flyin-t

flyin-t

It is a great article on Isky and his car but the article stops in mid sentence on page 52 and starts a new paragraph at the top of the same page. I wanna know the rest of that story!

17. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I'm surprised so many of you guys are such big/outspoken fans. I think the magazine is just average- which is a shame since it should have such good heritage to draw from. I love to read and have most of the issues but have never been overly impressed with it. I think the writing can be a bit dry sometimes and the whole concept still seems a little contrived/ insincere to me.
    They do run some interesting tech articles though- I will give them credit for that.

I guess I hadn't noticed that Freiburger had a hand in it. I've been very impressed with him and his writing in the past. I remember reading his editorials back in the Car Craft days many years ago and being very impressed with his style and clear passion for the subject.

I'm not down on the magazine, I think it has lots of potential- I just don't think it's reached it yet. Also I don't think it feels totally 'from-the-heart' so much as something thrown together strictly to cash in on a hot market right now.

Maybe I'll have to re-evaluate it given all of your comments.

Just my two cents...

Oh yeah, Flyin T- I was wondering about what happened to the end of that Isky article also...

Jay

18. Freiburger

Freiburger

Thanks for the mostly kind comments, guys. I had not caught the glitch in the Isky story yet. Must have been an art change that ended up bumping some copy and we didn't catch it.

But there's another EPIC fail in that issue that's way worse. I'm ashamed I did not catch it. And surprised I have not yet been roasted for it here (unless I missed that). Look for it. It's like Where's Waldo, and Waldo is wearing a neon orange jacket.

19. Are they going to let us subscribe to this one?

20. Freiburger

Freiburger

Don't hold your breath for subs.

21. any rag with gassers and street freak axle cars is always tops on my list great job Freiburger!!

22. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Ouch- bottom pic- page 19. :(

23. flyin-t

flyin-t

If you're talking about the "EFI" picture and text, amount of carbs shown but not counted, I saw that before I read the isky article, figured it was a typo. I really like that little feature of the mag, the picture, the little tag title and then the text.

So, can you put the missing Isky article here for us to read?

24. You SUCK Freiburger! 2 glitches in a mag with no music reviews or 1/2 page shots of rusty booger-welds...WTF?!:rolleyes:
    I want more beefcake Brad shots!!!
    Seriously, GREAT ISSUE!
    Any mag that will print "Sock F**kers Car Club" is alright by me.:D
    Brett.

25. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I hope that isn't an indication of the "suits" confidence in the magazines life span...............

26. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I concur with the positive comments, great history & cool new shots, I too need to know "what happened next" with Isky , great read ,great archive stuff too .

27. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

That stinks, who knows how many I've missed!

28. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

ya you got to really keep your eyes open for it, luckily they sell it at auto zone and kragens, this is by far my favorite magazine , the history, tech articles and those models...damn!!

Attached Files:

29. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Ok, I plead ignorance.......web site says winter 2007?....I'm confused....how many issues are there of the "new" HRD?........subscribed to the original and then boom disappeared......is this the first one or are there more?........I haven't seen it anywhere........:confused:

30. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

I am sorry but your saying you love to read it and have most of the issues but are not impressed. Good old pics, history, history makers, survivor cars, newer builds with a period look. What isn't in there? What am I too blind to see? Please explain so I can see your point of view. :confused:

Freiburger, I for one would pay for a subscription at the newsstand price PLUS bulk rate shipping. Yes, I don't care about special pricing I just want to be sure to have every issue without having to go find the newest one. I feel I would get my moneys worth.

Marty McF.