Register now to get rid of these ads!

1946 Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BUSTEDKNUCKLE, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Uhh, the 38 ford truck was built with a welder, a couple 4 1/2" grinders, drill, brake and a chopsaw.

NO AIR TOOLS, TORCH OR PLASMA CUTTER. I got witnesses.

I should keep my mouth shut because I'm a Pro,, Okay I guess I should remove all the tech stuff I have posted here, and go sit in the corner.

And no matter what your saying,, your truck at its core is OFF FUCKIN TOPIC.

Edit::: sawzall and basic assortment of hand tools were also used in its construction

2. budd

budd

this truck doesn't look to bad, you never know it might turn out to be as wacked out as this rig right here.

Attached Files:

3. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

Attached Files:

4. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

hey dude build what you want, and who cares what these guys think. its your money/time so do with it what you want. im about to spend 300 dollars on candy.

5. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

sure it is,, I remember Pops talking about the 22" billets he had on his 50 chevy back in 62.......

OFF TOPIC....

This isnt the forum for those type builds. Find another where you fit in. Or at least respect the rules and post on topic builds.

Not a like or dont like what your doing, its simply not the place for those builds.

6. i like the truck.. all but the frame anyways.. you've got obvious talent.. keep it up.. but i do have to warn you, you're going to get reamed for putting 20's on a 57 ford now..

7. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

ok we get it,,, you build stuff woo hoo,,,the shit is of topic

8. Zeke

Zeke

Actually no, and you still can't spell.

your punctuation sucks as well.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  9. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

Hey dude, I am no pro or claim to be one. I do this as a hobby no money gain intended. I just like buiding things, and trying to keep pushing the envelope of the next coming builds (look at FOOOSE) I think we should shake hands and just be glad we can do what we like before the OBAMA and crew shuts us all down for carbon credits.LOL Just for the record my grandkids like it, I just turned 49 this year, it hard this to keep up with you guys but I am trying.... Lets see if this truck hits the RAT MAGS....???

10. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

thats all well and good, Dude, but most of Fooses stuff is off topic here too.

and if your highest goals are to be in OlStool Rodzzzzz, you are definately in the wrong place.

11. uh oh..... Hang on for a scolding bud.....

12. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

Lets see if this truck hits the RAT MAGS....???[/QUOTE]

So it's a rat rod, right?

13. knuckelhead

knuckelhead
    from socal

traditional what a funny word with so many meanings

14. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

Well at least I have got your attention.... Thanks LOL

15. BLACKIE HARVELLE

BLACKIE HARVELLE

I like your truck,no mater what the hot rod gods think ,id like to see it as it evolves keep some of us posted.Its a cool truck,thanks for posting.Now can we stop ,if you dont like it look at another post and stop crapping on this one.

16. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

17. Zeke

Zeke

18. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

Thank you, I do appreciate the comments. It keeps the motivation going. Shit, even if I dont use spell check>>>>>LOL This has been fun, and you do posses very good skills, very very nice buids even if I veiw things that differ on car buiding as you.

Curt

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  19. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

not a difference in style, its off topic. For traditional rods, your stuff isnt traditional. Not that thats a bad thing, (whole different arguement) just doesnt belong here.

Thanks for the compliments, I do appreciate them!

20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

You are a very talented guy but Rat Mags are not in this boards vocabulary (speaking for myself). You have been here for almost 2 years and have seen the type of Hot Rods and Customs that are built here.

21. DMFB

DMFB

Tinman said it best. I personally like your truck, but this it the wrong site for it. My 40 I'm building isn't very traditional either, but there were not an abundant amount of hot rodded pick ups back then. YOU GUYS should be easier on him. I know it sucks for me. I love this site, and I'm busting my balls building my pick up everyday. It is sad for me to know that once it is close to completion I cannot share pictures of my accomplishments on here without recieving death threats, haha. I on the other hand know that MY build is not going to be very HAMB approved. This guy just doesn't get it.

22. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Before this thread meets it's fairly predictable demise, I just wanted to express myself. This site is committed to a certain way of doing things, although a few exceptions do slip through the cracks. Mostly, because of the constant flood of new members who fail to do their homework before joining and posting here, or just don't get it. True, you may have a lot of time and hard work invested in your build and I can appreciate the fact that you did it with a tight budget, but an inboard rocker front suspension with airbags and a tribal styled frame, don't jazz well here, though I think you know that by now. On top of that, later model bobber trucks are a modern trend and a few are getting tired of having them crammed down their throats. Sorry.:rolleyes:

23. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Thats why I didnt post a build thread on the 38, its not a tradtional thing.

Also very tired of the "Fuck the haters/build Gods/hamb police keep posting" guys.

Traditional Site!

Its ok to like other style cars,, for instance I have a fetish for Pacers, and mid 80s Cutlass Supremes,,,, but I dont post them here.

24. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I like it, and i think it can fit here. I see a ton of builds everyday that are not "traditional" Keep up the good work!!

25. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

No offense but what you think can fit here has no bearing, rules are rules and if I wanted to see those builds I would be on a different website.

26. john walker

john walker

that frame looks like it would shave off road tits real nice. wait 'til you catch a bump that doesn't want to move.

27. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Just hitting the brakes once, should be an adventure.

28. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

I have real clean California Chevy, Ford, and Dodge cabs with fenders and hoods from the 40,s willing to sell. I also have a complete running 1946 Ford 1/2 ton for you TRAD guys with V8 flathead that runs and drives. Let me know if your interested.

Curt

29. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

Thanks, but they are right. It really dose not belong here. This site is dedicated to the TRAD buiders not so much to the new trend we see today. I give them total respect to hold on to a fading tradition that has over run by customs, street rods, sleds, and shoud I say rat rods. This site is of the few that they can get togeather and hold to what they see as tradition. There are plenty of sites that have builds more inline with what we see on the seen today. I say again I GIVE TOTAL RESPECT TO KEEP THIS SITE FOR WHAT IT WAS INTENDED FOR. Oh by the I seen today somone posted a MG sprit.......... and nary a word from the TRADS....... nice

30. Truckedup

Truckedup

Hey Bustedknuckle,your truck is ok,ain't my style ,the frame that is,but it looks like a ton of hand finishing.You took a piece of shit cab ,a hood,made the rest.The side view has got a long nose art deco look,nice.
    And for sure a home made frame is way more traditional than putting the sheetmtal on a S-10 or bought M2 front end chassis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.