Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Ozzie & Harriet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser

Ryan - Now, that was very cool and fun to watch the roadster and the phaeton both looked good to me. Maybe cheesy by today's standards, don't you think we could use some of their outlook on life in our time. Life must have been good then and not just life like today. :D

CRUISER :cool:

2. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Lumpy Rutherford had a '40 convertible so that might be a Leave it to Beaver episode you're thinking of?

3. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

awsome video ...

4. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

"Seinfeld" is a look at life in our time (for better or for worse). A few years ago I read a critique of the Seinfeld TV show by an older TV writer and he basically accused Seinfeld of copying the Ozzie and Harriet show's theme of "nothing little day to day life events made into an interesting half-hour show." I prefer Ozzie and Harriet's outlook on life but it seems that the Seinfeld show is the modern version.

5. McFly

McFly

"We saw smoke signals and thought you were being attacked by Indians" Ha Ha!!! Classic.

BTW...I'm pretty sure the Nelson roadster was in R&C or The Rodders Journal within the last couple of years. I'll do some digging through my mags.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  6. Yup...brilliant color, just look at how sharp those pictures are...Hah!
    As for David driving, he was Ozzie's kid...it was Ozzie's show, and that's the way Ozzie wanted it. Interesting family dynamic.

7. Someone will eventually want to know.... that is a '58 DeSoto convertible at the finish line and earlier. Whether its a Firedome or Fireflite is almost impossible to tell as the camera is panning across the identifying script too quickly and either model when two-toned is virtually identical. Uh, yeah, I've got a '57 DeSoto in the garage too.

8. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

The one thing about the La Masa roadster that I have never seen any comments about in any old articles or books is the quarter panels on that car.

It appears that is has 5 window quarters.

I had noticed it in mags along time ago and when I saw it at the 75th I found that an interesting mod for the day and age it was built in.

You see more roadster quarters on coupes than the reverse.

Anybody ever notice that before?

9. yup seen it , but not in a long time .. thanks man!

10. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

"you just can't find those old cars anymore"

11. All great comments, well worth staying up to watch all 4 episodes. Thanks Ryan. One thing I noticed was the roadster had a "3 on the tree". How many Hot Rods do you see , now, with that type of shifter? Probably not the easiest way to build a car. Hard to believe the car still exists, very cool!:cool::cool:
    JT

12. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here's some pictures of other 50's or wanna be 50's shows and their rods.
    "Father Knows Best" June Lockhart the Mom (good looking woman).
    "Life of Riey" Riley's son's rod (can't remember his name).
    Lilly Munster Car Shopping
    Happy Days Hot Rod with Ron and The Fonz

Attached Files:

13. 31fordV860

31fordV860

O & H ....The beginning of the end of the age of the innocent...Thanks for helping me go back for a bit watching this...Now back to our program...

14. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I worked with the brother of the guy that owned that car about 30 years ago. I have always loved that car, I tried to get the guy I worked with to talk his brother into selling it to me. Oh well, just another one I missed out on.

15. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Some more stuff I collected online..

Hahhaha what happen....Damm you Cocaine!!!!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  16. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

I know I am dating myself-----but-----Lumpy was the BEST !!

17. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Quick hijack. Wally's $25 '36 coupe from the 1960-61 LITB season:

[​IMG]

And his Chebby fastback from the 61-62 season:

[​IMG]

18. June was timmies mom on lassie. The mom on father knows best was the ex Mrs Ron Ragon. Latter on Falcon creast I cant remember her name ? but very good actress. Jane wyman I think. ( Know disrespect ment ) Bob

19. Ryan ... great find ... very entertaining!

[​IMG] really ought to start airing "THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET" ... I already record every episode of "LEAVE IT TO BEAVER" ... but there's still room on my DVR hard drive for the Nelson family! :)

StillOutThere ... Damn, you beat me to it! :D

20. gotra66

gotra66

That was fun to watch. Oh how the times have changed. I really wish life was simplier like it was back then. Of course then I wouldn't have the internet to surf the HAMB on.

21. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I took this pic yesterday at the Henry Ford Museum. The car was part of the "Cars & Guitars" exhibit. Kirk Hamets Cole Foster built coupe was there as well as the James Hetfield's Rick Diore built Buick.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  22. roddinron

roddinron

I'm betting if kids today were raised watching more "cheesy" stuff like this instead of the crap they're seeing now, we'd have a much better country.
    I was disappointed with Harriet in the commercial though, I don't know who she was trying to kid, but those photos she took were black and white on my screen.;)
    Great video Ryan, thanks.

23. Jane Wyatt .BTW June Lockhart was hot!

24. speaking of Kids watching more classic stuff on T.V. does anybody know if the Disney cartoon of the little blue car that lived a happy life... then got wore out ... and then some kids hot rodded (raccoon tail on the antenna and all) is out there anywhere?

my boy needs a break from Yo Gabba Gabba

25. I think my Fav mom back then was Donna reed ! what a class act.

26. Paul B

Paul B

The mom on Father Knows best was Jane Wyman, but not the one that was married to Reagan.

27. crb

crb
    from socal

Jane Wyatt - on Father Knows Best
    Jane Wyman - first Mrs Reagan, on Falcon Crest
    Life of Riley son's name - Junior

Anyone notice that the TV/R&C version roadster had both front and rear fenders more verticle than later version photos? More top of wheel coverage on the later version.

28. nitrojoe

nitrojoe
    from Midway,nc

Thanks Ryan, thats why I enjoy this site,keep up the good work

29. forty1

forty1

Ozzie & the boys
    With an {OT} Alaskan Pop Up Camper

Attached Files:

30. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Please somebody help me out with this and I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but are those front fenders turning with the front wheels or are they stationary? Thanks!